Everybody at work was staring in awe a bit... they liked it and think it feels good.
    02-07-20 01:29 AM
    Everybody at work was staring in awe a bit... they liked it and think it feels good.
    Hi David - Do you live in North America? Where did you manage to find a red Key2? Thanks!
    02-07-20 02:45 AM
    welcome to the Red Team
    the_boon likes this.
    02-07-20 03:47 AM
    Welcome aboard! It's a great device.
    02-07-20 06:30 AM
    Enjoy the new device and interest from on lookers.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    02-07-20 06:51 AM
    Congratulations on the new phone. It is great, I am very happy with mine. Welcome to the Red team.
    02-07-20 09:06 AM
    Hi David - Do you live in North America? Where did you manage to find a red Key2? Thanks!
    You can also try pdaplaza
    02-07-20 01:24 PM
    You can also try pdaplaza
    Do not order from PDAPlaza. Worst service ever. They pulled a scam with me. Had me wait 2 months for a phone. I would send an email and not get responses. When they did respond it was days later. Finally they told me they shipped mine to someone else and didn't know when they would get another in stock. I told them I wanted a refund and they took days to respond. They said they would but didn't refund me. I waited 10 days from when they said they would issue the refund and then I contacted PayPal and showed them the trail after 3 months and they issued the refund to me.
    WArcher likes this.
    02-07-20 07:09 PM
    I bought mine off ebay here in the USA a few weeks ago. Unfortunately the same seller (and many others) are now listing them for $1600+ USD! I snagged mine for $1000 which was overpriced, but nothing compared to the prices now. I think seller's are trying to take advantage of the 'rare' factor.
    02-08-20 07:54 AM
    Enjoy...............................A great phone anytime anywhere!
    02-08-20 08:30 AM
    me in Toronto Canada... paid 1429.00 CAD and now they skyrocketed and jacked up the price to 2349. on Newegg.ca - phone came from a UK company
    02-08-20 08:44 AM
    Do not order from PDAPlaza. Worst service ever. They pulled a scam with me. Had me wait 2 months for a phone. I would send an email and not get responses. When they did respond it was days later. Finally they told me they shipped mine to someone else and didn't know when they would get another in stock. I told them I wanted a refund and they took days to respond. They said they would but didn't refund me. I waited 10 days from when they said they would issue the refund and then I contacted PayPal and showed them the trail after 3 months and they issued the refund to me.
    Ouch! That sucks! Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with them.

I've ordered from PDA a few times and have always received great service. When I bought my Red KEY2, there were inventory issues but PDA was very transparent with me and kept the lines of communication wide open over the five month period from the time I pre-ordered (April, 2019), to the time I received the phone (September, 2019).

Now normally five months would have me freaking out but I knew the red KEY2 was a hot item and the dual SIM variant still needed to make its way overseas once BBMo sorted out its inventory (not like the single sim version which was much more readily available through Best Buy at the time).

Bummer your experience was so different from mine.
    02-08-20 09:37 AM
    me in Toronto Canada... paid 1429.00 CAD and now they skyrocketed and jacked up the price to 2349. on Newegg.ca - phone came from a UK company
    Wow! I'm stunned at how the prices continue to climb for this phone. I guess the TCL announcement is giving it a good inflation boost.
    02-08-20 09:40 AM
    It was too pricy, in Canada, to buy one. Would have loved the Red.

For this price, you had to average out what you got. And for this price, because I buy outright, WAY better cameras on every phone, and same or $200 less.

Really too bad. I really want the red... or black.

N E way
    02-08-20 10:04 AM
    Do not order from PDAPlaza. Worst service ever
    I bought a Huawei P30 from PDPlaza about a month ago. Great service and low price for a great phone. I had absolutely no problem. They have a "Deal" category on their website and rotate devices on it. Right now, however, the red Key2 is $1,180 CAD and you will never see this on deal.
    02-08-20 10:11 AM
    I bought a Huawei P30 from PDPlaza about a month ago. Great service and low price for a great phone. I had absolutely no problem. They have a "Deal" category on their website and rotate devices on it. Right now, however, the red Key2 is $1,180 CAD and you will never see this on deal.
    They don't even have the USA/Canada variant. The BBF100-6 is the international model.
    02-08-20 12:54 PM
    They don't even have the USA/Canada variant. The BBF100-6 is the international model.
    Good to know as I never checked the bands for this.
    02-08-20 01:01 PM
    Working just fine for me in NJ!
    02-08-20 01:57 PM
    Works for me in Toronto with Bell and Rogers SIMs. Also roamed in the US with no issues as well.
    02-08-20 02:02 PM
    These Red KEY2's are gold mines lol

I don't know of many other phones that hold their value like it does.

Certainly not most slabs
    02-08-20 07:52 PM
    They may be advertised with high prices but will they all be sold? Do you think enough people are prepared to pay the high price now rather than when it was first released.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    02-09-20 03:40 AM
    I bought mine off ebay here in the USA a few weeks ago. Unfortunately the same seller (and many others) are now listing them for $1600+ USD! I snagged mine for $1000 which was overpriced, but nothing compared to the prices now. I think seller's are trying to take advantage of the 'rare' factor.
    Wow, $1000 for a phone. I got my silver K2 for a circa the standard price $649 (which was actually a VIP discount because incl. taxes it would had cost a bit more) and despite I am very happy with my purchase, I've been using my K2 each day all day long (so it is not that kind of thing you buy and then toss on a shelve), I think $649 is a really lot of money for thing like a phone, which has such a negligible value.

So reading that you threw $1000 for your RE is really... Wow, like an entirely different dimension
    02-09-20 05:02 AM
    Wow, $1000 for a phone. I got my silver K2 for a circa the standard price $649 (which was actually a VIP discount because incl. taxes it would had cost a bit more) and despite I am very happy with my purchase, I've been using my K2 each day all day long (so it is not that kind of thing you buy and then toss on a shelve), I think $649 is a really lot of money for thing like a phone, which has such a negligible value.

So reading that you threw $1000 for your RE is really... Wow, like an entirely different dimension
    If anything, based on the current prices, what I paid was a steal! I originally tried to go the cheaper route and ordered an "open box" black one for around $500 but it ended up being the Indian variant. Not wanting to take a chance, I wanted the best BlackBerry money could buy. Loving it so far!
    02-09-20 06:20 AM
    If anything, based on the current prices, what I paid was a steal! I originally tried to go the cheaper route and ordered an "open box" black one for around $500 but it ended up being the Indian variant. Not wanting to take a chance, I wanted the best BlackBerry money could buy. Loving it so far!
    The Red KEY2 is superior to the others mostly because of the revised keyboard/spacebar.

The extra 64GB of storage is nice but not really necessary with Google Photos' unlimited cloud storage and because the device has an SD card slot.

Can't really say the same for the Pixel 4's and iPhones which still start at 64GB
    02-09-20 08:57 AM
    The Red KEY2 is superior to the others mostly because of the revised keyboard/spacebar.

The extra 64GB of storage is nice but not really necessary with Google Photos' unlimited cloud storage and because the device has an SD card slot.

Can't really say the same for the Pixel 4's and iPhones which still start at 64GB
    Yup. The black Indian variant that I had briefly had a spacebar that didn't recognize all my keypresses. While my RE does have some wobble (it makes a clicky sound just by touching it or brushing over it without clicking it) it works flawlessly every time. Needless to say I have a can of compressed air ready to go if it ever starts to act up, but I'm confident it will hold up based on user reports of the RE having an improved keyboard.
    02-09-20 10:03 AM
28 12