I think wwe need to let people be annoyed at issues and not shoot peope down if they are not happy with certain aspects of the phone.

The space bar is crap. I'm my opinion.
    This is also the worst finger print scanner I have ever used on a phone. It feels like a first gen scanner from 6 years ago.
    It often doesn't register first time and is slow despite me deleting and reapplying my thumb print two times since I got the phone on Wednesday.

The screen is pretty bad but so was the KEYone's.
    Yes, I knew it was the same panel, and I wasn't expecting anything different, but it just sucks a bit when compared to the LCD in my P20 I've been looking at the last three months.

For me, the phone is too much like a KEYone outside of the redesign to want to keep hold of it. The camera almost seems worse in lower light and and no, we shouldn't have to just expect that with a BlackBerry.

Software can fix this, yes. But it's annoying that we'd have to wait for that when it should have really been tested prior to launch.

For me, they need to do a PRIV2 as if they nailed that down and fixed the shortcomings of the original, I wouldn't need to look elsewhere.
    06-30-18 03:41 AM
    I think wwe need to let people be annoyed at issues and not shoot peope down if they are not happy with certain aspects of the phone.

This is also the worst finger print scanner I have ever used on a phone. It feels like a first gen scanner from 6 years ago.
    It often doesn't register first time and is slow despite me deleting and reapplying my thumb print two times since I got the phone on Wednesday.

Yes, I knew it was the same panel, and I wasn't expecting anything different, but it just sucks a bit when compared to the LCD in my P20 I've been looking at the last three months.

For me, the phone is too much like a KEYone outside of the redesign to want to keep hold of it. The camera almost seems worse in lower light and and no, we shouldn't have to just expect that with a BlackBerry.

Software can fix this, yes. But it's annoying that we'd have to wait for that when it should have really been tested prior to launch.

For me, they need to do a PRIV2 as if they nailed that down and fixed the shortcomings of the original, I wouldn't need to look elsewhere.
    IMHO the camera in k2 is worse than Priv’s, actually.
    nonamenomore likes this.
    06-30-18 03:54 AM
    Jeez. That's saying something!
    In daylight I find it really good. Took some great snaps of my dog yesterday. Could have done without the camera freezing, but there we are!
    nonamenomore likes this.
    06-30-18 03:56 AM
    the keyone has a spacbar that is firm and clicks differenly to the other keys. is it the same on key2? i think its supposed to be firnm and click and differentiate from the regular keys.
    06-30-18 04:05 AM
    I just hope TCL is reading these forums and checks into these issue otherwise the sales will be affected and a key3 won't happen. They can't keep making low end devices any top end prices people are already complaining about the price.
    06-30-18 04:13 AM
    Most of the reviews point out the average to subpar cameras. The majority of reviewers recommends having another phone along side the Key2 to meet your needs for media, water resistance, etc.

I would not walk in expecting the Key2 to outsamsung..Samsung (Screen display) or outgoggle ...Goggle (Camera quality). Blackberry has to be good at what they are known for: 1. Security 2. Physical keyboard 3. Blackberry software.
    The keytwo/keyone display is great for wht it is. Keep the adaptive brightness on for outside bright environents, and turn it off inside if you want bright lit screen. Coming from a pixel 2 xl, i have no issues with the screen. Youtube and the obvious social media apps are nice and crisp and i favour the lcd because of it's battery saving. I want that keyboard on the key2 badly. Have people considered the amount of hours they'll be spending on their keyboards over the next year or two. It's probably more time spent than taking phots and vids, so the unmatched premium feel of the real buttons outweights the short falls.
    06-30-18 04:14 AM
    Relax, ofcourse noticeable issues will be ironed out. Look how quick they responded to the screen falling out. Social media gets things resolved fast.
    06-30-18 04:19 AM
    Would love to see some comparison shots done between the Key2 and Priv.

If it really does indeed perform worse at times than the almost 3-year-old Priv then we have a significant problem on our hands.
    06-30-18 04:25 AM
    Just don't know how on earth these things happen....like there is absolutely no quality control....

BB Classic Q20 sent via CB 10
    06-30-18 04:25 AM
    the spacebar on the K2 is wider than the one on the KeyOne..
    I think thats why it feels different.

probably should have kept the size the same as key1.
    06-30-18 05:04 AM
    Relax, ofcourse noticeable issues will be ironed out. Look how quick they responded to the screen falling out. Social media gets things resolved fast.
    I remember the KeyOne wasn't receiving notifications from apps for MONTHS, making it almost useless.

Blackberry are super slow when it comes to bugs and updates.
    06-30-18 06:42 AM
    Could it be that the space bar is the same as the K1 and the other keys are new and improved , hence the contrast in clickiness?
    Amazed someone would say this.

The Key2 spacebar has no LED blinking lights such as the KeyOne has.

I feel like a lot of people forgot about this feature.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-18 06:43 AM
    I remember when the KeyOne first came out.

I would read these forums, and see countless posts of how incredibly ****ty this K1 was. It got me concerned, and was just outright kind of depressing to read.

Well, when I finally received the device. I noticed I experienced pretty much none of the problems I was reading on these forums. I feel like the same will occur for the Key2, we'll see.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-18 06:47 AM
    At this moment I am thinking of going back to my black K1. The camera is important to me and the space bar on MY K2 black is not acceptable. The camera on the K2 is producing extreme oversharped pictures with less details - IMHO the one in the K1 was much better. I was so shocked when I viewed the pictures on my PC. I hope it is a software thing. I can not understand the reviews that said the camera is quit good. It is not. Sorry to say this.
    06-30-18 06:58 AM
    No frustrations.. and they all do have a loud click.. but I'm not annoyed by it. I actually like it. Plus, it'll disappear over time anyway. In my opinion, it's a non-issue. I could see if people were saying that it didn't work right or was slow or something like that but complaining that the button clicks? That's a bit wild to me. When it stops clicking after use, I bet people will come complaining about how it no longer clicks.
    Just pulled out my Passport and randomly tapped away on the keyboard for a few seconds and was surprised to notice that the click (both audibly and tactilely) on the spacebar was completely different than the rest of the keys. I had never noticed that before now.
    BigAl_BB9900 and Mike-Mike like this.
    06-30-18 07:43 AM
    [QUOTE=HellsPlumber;13221873]I love my KeyOne and was excited to see what Blackberry would do next.
    I watched the Key2 live reveal, pre-ordered it asap and was looking forward to it since.
    But now I own it, it's a very bitter-sweet feeling.

The audio glitch is a real issue, I can't play games or listen to music without noticeable crackling/popping sounds. It's really embarrassing to have people ask "Is your phone okay?".

This was the first thing I noticed about the phone, and I actually contacted the shop I bought it from to arrange a replacement before I found out that all Key2's have the same problem.

I find it so difficult to believe the Key2 was released in this state as it feels rushed and sounds as if it's about to crash.

So the phone I've been left with feels barely functional, and I'm honestly embarrassed to use it in public. I won't watch videos on it in the break room as to avoid people mentioning the sound glitches.

This isn't the experience I expected when paying so much for the Key2, but I really don't want to let it go as the keyboard really is the best I've used. Hopefully software patches can fix most of it's issues.[/QU

Sorry to hear about the build quality issues on some of the Key2's. Hopefully BB Mobile can fix some of the issues.

I have not purchased a phone from BlackBerry Mobile yet as I did not feel the orginal Keyone with 32gb of storage and 3gb of Ram was an upgrade over the Priv . I also have a Dtek 60. I wanted to wait to see: 1. How well TCL would upgrade OS and how consistent they would be with security updates. 2. Build quality of TCL BlackBerry branded phones.

I see they will wait one year to update the OS after phone release. Security updates become more inconsistent as the phone ages. Dtek was great but last 6 months have been hit or miss. I do not have june security update for my unlocked Dtek 60 as of this post.

I picked up an LG V20 to experience Android N and it will get Oreo. No rush...but i will have to upgrade soon and i am not sure if i will stay with BlackBerry branded phones. I am never an early adopter as i want to see if the issues can be ironed out.
    06-30-18 08:00 AM
    Now going through my second day and here’s what this phone does well:

— build quality very solid
    — signal strength is improved, call audio stellar
    — keyboard lighting is even and pleasant
    — convenient to hold while typing and talking on the phone
    — this phone has charisma
    06-30-18 12:18 PM

It's not "shooting people down' to have a contrary opinion.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-30-18 12:23 PM
    LOL. So true. Especially some people here don't even have one but will tell you your opinions are wrong.

I have a handful of "loony" posters I just plain flat out ignore.
    A Noise Annoys and Aneres11 like this.
    06-30-18 06:20 PM
    It's not "shooting people down' to have a contrary opinion.

Yes it is when they don't have the phone. If you're posting with your 'trusty Z10' then you can't comment on people's issues with their KEY2's unless you have one of your own to form that contrary opinion.
    06-30-18 06:28 PM
    I understand that a camera is genuinely important to many people. It's just that no BlackBerry has ever had a great camera so I don't know why they would start now.

Maybe because it's 2018?
    06-30-18 06:44 PM
    Maybe because it's 2018?
    Every phone can't have the best camera. I'm just saying it's unlikely that BlackBerry will dominate in that category since they never have. My KEYone camera is very good, IMO, but I don't expect it to be better than the Pixel or iPhone X.

06-30-18 06:48 PM
    Every phone can't have the best camera. I'm just saying it's unlikely that BlackBerry will dominate in that category since they never have. My KEYone camera is very good, IMO, but I don't expect it to be better than the Pixel or iPhone X.

The words 'Blackberry' & 'dominate' haven't been synonymous in a generation -- but thx for the chuckle.

No one is asking for a Pixel or iPhone X class camera. How about a camera that's head & shoulders better than an iPhone 5S? Is that too much to ask from BB in 2018? Why is it, exactly, that a pkb automatically precludes a quality camera? Is BB fighting some unknown force in the universe that makes them pair a ****ty camera to a pkb?

I'll tell you one thing: BB has done a fantastic job in conditioning you lot to simply expect less & pay more.
    Qorax, Fred Wu, elfabio80 and 1 others like this.
    06-30-18 07:03 PM
    LOL. So true. Especially some people here don't even have one but will tell you your opinions are wrong.

I have a handful of "loony" posters I just plain flat out ignore.
    This ^^^!!!
    06-30-18 07:09 PM
    The words 'Blackberry' & 'dominate' haven't been synonymous in a generation -- but thx for the chuckle.

No one is asking for a Pixel or iPhone X class camera. How about a camera that's head & shoulders better than an iPhone 5S? Is that too much to ask from BB in 2018? Why is it, exactly, that a pkb automatically precludes a quality camera? Is BB fighting some unknown force in the universe that makes them pair a ****ty camera to a pkb?
    You are correct.

I don't need Pixel 2 or S9 level quality on my phone camera. BUT I'd be happy with a Huawei quality camera on the K2, even the one from their $300 Honor 8 from 2016 is way better. I carry my wife's old Huawei Honor 8 as a second phone for photos while on vacation. K1 my primary phone.

Got her an updated Huawei Honor View 10 for $500. Could have gotten her a Motion if the camera was on par as she loves using the BlackBerry Hub (and still does with ads on her Huawei) for emails. Too bad for BlackBerry.
    06-30-18 07:26 PM
166 12345 ...