Just received my KEY²
    Rather positive vs KEYone but 2 annoying glitches:
    - red light blinking all the time for no reason
    - message from android system SanDisk SD card , but SD card works fine.
    07-04-18 11:40 AM
    Just received my KEY²
    Rather positive vs KEYone but 2 annoying glitches:
    - red light blinking all the time for no reason
    - message from android system SanDisk SD card , but SD card works fine.
    Congrats on your new KEY2!

About the SD card issue, is there a notification that pops-up several times like:

Preparing SD or
    Checking SD card card for errors
    07-04-18 11:49 AM
    How does the spacebar feel?
    07-04-18 11:52 AM
    and how bad are the photos?
    07-04-18 12:47 PM
    Well done and congrats on the new phone. Enjoy
    07-04-18 04:22 PM
    Congrats on the new device. Share your experience further when u get some time with the device

Posted via CB10
    07-04-18 08:52 PM
    How does the spacebar feel?
    Fine
    07-05-18 12:02 AM
    I had to turn off the notification light as it blinks red each time I turn it on even where there is no notification. Annoying much? probably enough to dump it even if the keyboard is incredible.
    07-05-18 12:34 AM
    So I turned off notifications for the 2 apps I have running in the background : WeatherPro and Pacer so that they are not in the pull down list any longer, and put widgets instead. Not ideal but at least the red light is not blinking all the time.
    07-05-18 01:07 AM
    Congrats on your new KEY2!

About the SD card issue, is there a notification that pops-up several times like:

Preparing SD or
    Checking SD card card for errors
    SanDisk SD Card
    For transferring photos and media
    Explore Eject

What I do now is press Explore, go back, get rid of the notification and the blinking disappears. To be done at each restart. Annoying? Yes.
    07-05-18 01:10 AM
    They keyboard again is amazing!
    07-05-18 01:10 AM
    Congrats on getting a KEY2.

I had a similar and consistent Android system message about my SD card even though it was perfectly functional. I forget what the exact message was (weird, I know), but it wasn't a message about the card being broken in any way.

When I put that same SD card into my Motion while my KEYone was being replaced, that message never came up.

Now that I have my new KEYone, that system message is gone. I didn't do anything special, it simply was there on one KEYone and now it's not there on my new KEYone.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    07-05-18 01:18 AM
    Congrats on getting a KEY2.

I had a similar and consistent Android system message about my SD card even though it was perfectly functional. I forget what the exact message was (weird, I know), but it wasn't a message about the card being broken in any way.

When I put that same SD card into my Motion while my KEYone was being replaced, that message never came up.

Now that I have my new KEYone, that system message is gone. I didn't do anything special, it simply was there on one KEYone and now it's not there on my new KEYone.
    OK, I'll put the SD card in the KEYone and back in the KEY² and see what happens.
    07-05-18 01:21 AM
    OK, I'll put the SD card in the KEYone and back in the KEY² and see what happens.
    For sure, lemme know. Hope it works out. I'm not even sure how that occurred other than totally noticing it.

Gonna be able to put that same card into a KEY2 on Friday and will post if it happens to me again. This time with the message, haha!
    07-05-18 01:24 AM
    No did not work, but I have managed to get the notification less obvious (cannot remember how).
    07-05-18 01:30 AM
    Yes, when you get the notification, slide to the right and you get a setting button. For storage, choose no sound no visual interruption (press) and although you cannot put the switch on, it seems to work.
    07-05-18 01:35 AM
    Awesome, thanks for the follow up!
    07-05-18 01:59 AM
    Can you format that card in the new phone?? Save the data to the local PC, format the card and copy data back?? I remember someone having similar problems in AndroidCentral forums when switching devices and reformating card in new device fixed all problems...
    07-05-18 02:53 AM
    The problem is that it takes hours to move 65GB from the SD card to a PC. I tried yesterday but it just takes too long. Same with Google drive.
    07-05-18 03:20 AM
    The problem is that it takes hours to move 65GB from the SD card to a PC. I tried yesterday but it just takes too long. Same with Google drive.
    That's a lot of data. What about over night?? Could that ease the pain??
    07-05-18 04:02 AM
    Doesn't the SD card "checking for errors" drain the battery? Are you seeing a "Media" Icon represented by a white on blue arrow in the battery stats?
    07-05-18 04:11 AM
    I would say that, even without the led issue, you should backup that data in your computer anyway... you don't want to lose 65GB of data if the card goes bad... maybe it's a bless in disguise...
    07-05-18 06:20 AM
    Thanks for your concern. Mostly pictures backed up on Google Drive.
    07-05-18 12:54 PM
    can you pop in the Verizon SIM and report back?
    07-05-18 03:50 PM
    can you pop in the Verizon SIM and report back?
    What?
    07-06-18 12:14 AM
27 12