Hello,

Recently, I have been experiencing a annoying delay when Google voice typing on my Key2.

More specifically, when dictating after pressing the microphone button. The delay in typewritten words appearing is anywhere from 2-5 seconds.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

It should be noted that when using voice typing in the Google search engine box, there is no delay whatsoever. Only when pressing the physical microphone button and dictating an email or SMS.

Help, please...

Thanks.

- Jeff
    02-24-20 12:36 AM
    I have had this a few times with my Key2 and I just restarted my phone and it worked... dunno if you tired that yet.

I don't know what causes it to randomly do that, but after it happening twice to me a while ago, it hasn't happened since.
    02-26-20 12:13 AM
    thanks for your input. Yes, have tried that. still lags severely.

I did a factory reset - which should have fixed the issue - but (somehow) the old data automatically was reinstalled! Therefore erasing nothing but my time. So, I have to do another reset. Hoping to avoid this, if possible.
    02-27-20 03:00 PM
    My Google voice search app/button wasn't working either. So, I did some research and downloaded the Google Go app and guess what...Everything works perfectly now. Great. all the time I wasted and all the apps I cleared dats from.

Perhaps it would be nice to get some sort of notification regarding EOL versus finding out on your own when Google tries to ram some down your gullet!
    03-04-20 01:38 PM
    My Google voice search app/button wasn't working either. So, I did some research and downloaded the Google Go app and guess what...Everything works perfectly now. Great. all the time I wasted and all the apps I cleared dats from.

Perhaps it would be nice to get some sort of notification regarding EOL versus finding out on your own when Google tries to ram some down your gullet!
    You must still have the Google app installed
    05-20-20 05:59 AM