Google lens just got an update. Has it fixed any problems for you? Just tried it and is functioning as expected.
    Haven't seen one (in London) yet, but will keep my eyes peeled...
    04-10-19 05:11 PM
    I didn't get no Lens update.
    Should be there soon.
    04-10-19 05:14 PM
    Should be there soon.
    Soon or Soon™?
    04-10-19 05:31 PM
    Soon or Soon?
    Hahaha, not sure!
    04-10-19 05:32 PM
    Google apps are subject to regional restrictions. Not sure that that is the answer here, but may be something to investigate.
    04-10-19 05:48 PM
    Haven't seen one (in London) yet, but will keep my eyes peeled...
    At this point I hope it's headed for the growing Google Graveyard[TM] so I can at least get it off my phone.
    https://killedbygoogle.com/
    04-14-19 02:06 PM
    I got my update to Google Lens but still no luck getting this to work on my device - I still have the 'Thanks for updating. Lens will be available soon' Message... literally tried all the settings on my device, no luck whatsoever
    04-14-19 05:06 PM
    Google apps are subject to regional restrictions. Not sure that that is the answer here, but may be something to investigate.
    As I said: it's working fine on my dad's phone but not on mine, and we're both in the same country/region...
    04-15-19 12:09 PM
    As I said: it's working fine on my dad's phone but not on mine, and we're both in the same country/region...
    Interesting! I'm in London/UK so would be good to know if anyone else from here has same issue too...
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    04-15-19 03:30 PM
    Mine worked fine in Canada, BBB100-1 locked to Rogers, but in Germany (Berlin), WiFi only (never turned on mobile radio since Canada), I get the message "thanks for updating, Lens will be available soon". My best guess is that European GDPR regulations have something to do with this.
    04-20-19 12:34 PM
    Mine worked fine in Canada, BBB100-1 locked to Rogers, but in Germany (Berlin), WiFi only (never turned on mobile radio since Canada), I get the message "thanks for updating, Lens will be available soon". My best guess is that European GDPR regulations have something to do with this.
    So GPDR defines that it works fine on my dad's Xiaomi and not on my KEY2 (same country, same region, same network)?
    Last edited by Vistaus; 04-20-19 at 04:55 PM.
    04-20-19 03:22 PM
    Just saying it worked fine for the whole week I had it installed in Canada, 8 days ago, then went to Germany yesterday and suddenly it stopped working. I am not signed into Google and my mobile radio hasn't been turned on, so none of my apps have been updated since I last used Lens. I can only guess Google used my GPS data to block my Lens from working. If someone can figure out why mine suddenly stopped working, that would be great and very useful for being in a foreign country.
    04-20-19 04:04 PM
    Just bought a Key2 from Germany and use it in Greece. Google Lens is working fine after all updates (GDPR here too as in the whole EU).

Posted via CB10
    04-21-19 11:02 PM
    KEY2 user from India. even I was having the same issue, lens never worked on my phone. After there was another update to lens I tried again and it didn't work again. So after some digging in settings I thought of enabling the Google app ( disabling it is one of the first thing I do in a new phone) and it works very smoothly and even has integration with BlackBerry camera even.
    happy to know that it works so disabled the Google app again.
    skome likes this.
    05-16-19 10:01 PM
    I got my update to Google Lens but still no luck getting this to work on my device - I still have the 'Thanks for updating. Lens will be available soon' Message... literally tried all the settings on my device, no luck whatsoever
    I have had the same issue and tried everything to fix it. Then it suddenly works, and a bit later not.

What I finally noticed is that if I try another google app, like Sound Search, and then go back to Lens, Lens will work again.
    07-20-19 12:49 PM
    Hey guys,
    As above, Google Lens isn't working when I try to use it. I open the App and it just says 'Thanks for updating. Lens will be available soon'
    I'm up to date on all Apps and OS, tried installing/re-installing the App itself and still no luck - any ideas?

Cheers!

first download Google Assistant (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oogleassistant) and leave it open then open Google Lens. Works for me.
    Didn't work without google assistant.
    01-25-20 04:27 AM
    Go to Settings, System, Reset Options and Reset app preferences. After that you'll be asked allow eg camera, etc. Just allow and then it will work ( at least for me it did )
    11-11-20 08:09 AM
    mine is fine
    11-11-20 12:20 PM
    Finally I found a solution that make Google Lens working: don't update or uninstall updated Google app Google Lens not working!-screenshot_20201121-222511.jpeg
    11-21-20 09:29 AM
    Finally I found a solution that make Google Lens working: don't update or uninstall updated Google app Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20201121-222511.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	450079
    Are you on the beta program for Blackberry Keyboard?
    quybao likes this.
    11-23-20 01:12 AM
    Are you on the beta program for Blackberry Keyboard?
    No im not on the beta prog for BB keyboard. Bcause my language (Vietnamese) is having problems using BB keyboard even updating or not.
    11-23-20 01:22 AM
    No im not on the beta prog for BB keyboard. Bcause my language (Vietnamese) is having problems using BB keyboard even updating or not.
    Oh I See. Quite a few keyboards have a problem with Vietnamese unfortunately. Something to do with the api's that interface with Google and Android itself.
    quybao likes this.
    11-23-20 01:26 AM
    Oh I See. Quite a few keyboards have a problem with Vietnamese unfortunately. Something to do with the api's that interface with Google and Android itself.
    Hope to receive a fix 4 this issue soon. I've been waiting for quite a long time.
    11-23-20 01:34 AM
    Hope to receive a fix 4 this issue soon. I've been waiting for quite a long time.
    Have to hope OM uses it..... and that the apps go back into development.
    quybao likes this.
    11-23-20 08:23 AM
49 12