Hey guys,
    As above, Google Lens isn't working when I try to use it. I open the App and it just says 'Thanks for updating. Lens will be available soon'
    I'm up to date on all Apps and OS, tried installing/re-installing the App itself and still no luck - any ideas?

Cheers!
    skome likes this.
    03-21-19 01:42 PM
    Yup, same here. Reported it to Google (never got a response) and here on CB, where I got a few suggestions, but no luck.
    skome likes this.
    03-21-19 02:03 PM
    Ummmmm, mine is working fine on the March update. Just tried it.
    03-21-19 02:28 PM
    No issues here.
    03-21-19 03:09 PM
    Mine's not working either. Didn't realize it until I saw this thread. The Lens option even disappeared from the camera app.

Edit.... My bad, I forgot I disabled the Google App a long time ago. I'm assuming Lens is a part of that.
    Last edited by jelp2; 03-23-19 at 07:46 PM.
    03-22-19 08:58 AM
    Hey guys,
    As above, Google Lens isn't working when I try to use it. I open the App and it just says 'Thanks for updating. Lens will be available soon'
    I'm up to date on all Apps and OS, tried installing/re-installing the App itself and still no luck - any ideas?

Cheers!
    I had this problem. You have to enable Google Lens to run in the background (automatic apps) in the power centre. After this it worked fine for me.
    anon(10387168) and diereysaa like this.
    03-22-19 04:21 PM
    I had this problem. You have to enable Google Lens to run in the background (automatic apps) in the power centre. After this it worked fine for me.
    Tried that solution a while ago, but it did not fix the issue. So I'm not convinced it's going to fix it now.
    skome likes this.
    03-24-19 06:37 PM
    I never knew wut it was for. Since I've had my KEY2 it's never worked, lol.
    03-25-19 08:33 AM
    I tried this and doesn't seem to work - played around with other App settings too and still no luck
    03-26-19 08:24 AM
    I never knew wut it was for. Since I've had my KEY2 it's never worked, lol.
    Yeah there was a period of time last year that this worked - and worked very well I would say! - but past few months no luck, but at least I'm not the only person with this issue
    03-26-19 08:25 AM
    New K2 owner here. I was wondering what you guys were talking about so tried this in the camera app but couldn't find it. Searching in the apps permissions I noticed lens was switched to off in the camera permissions , after toggling to on it now works great. I didn't even know this existed. I just wish I could get the led notification light to work properly as it's giving me the same colour for all my accounts in the hub.
    03-26-19 05:15 PM
    New K2 owner here. I was wondering what you guys were talking about so tried this in the camera app but couldn't find it. Searching in the apps permissions I noticed lens was switched to off in the camera permissions , after toggling to on it now works great. I didn't even know this existed. I just wish I could get the led notification light to work properly as it's giving me the same colour for all my accounts in the hub.
    Hmm, I tried that and still no luck either... not sure if it is you have a later version of Key2 or not? Google Assistant (which I hardly ever use) now says 'not supported on this device' too, it's a little weird lol

Download 'Light Manager Pro' app and you can set colours/frequency for all the different accounts - I use it myself and works great
    03-26-19 05:50 PM
    UPDATE - I deleted and re-installed the Google Lens & Google Assistant Apps and now Lens seems to be working on Photos, just not on Camera. Also - weirdly - Assistant is now not working, get a message 'Google Assistant isn't available on this device'...
    03-31-19 02:48 PM
    UPDATE - I deleted and re-installed the Google Lens & Google Assistant Apps and now Lens seems to be working on Photos, just not on Camera. Also - weirdly - Assistant is now not working, get a message 'Google Assistant isn't available on this device'...
    Very strange! What variant do you have? PRD?
    03-31-19 03:59 PM
    This solution worked for me. Thanks!
    03-31-19 05:02 PM
    I didn't work for me, but I assume it is just more google bloat/malware and not useful... like a lot of the rest of the google stuff... (Maps are useful, chrome as a backup - the play store is essential and translate can be useful, though it can provide comical results for French.)

Thankfully google docs can be properly uninstalled nowadays and not just deactivated as on the Priv on Android 6...
    04-02-19 10:02 PM
    Very strange! What variant do you have? PRD?
    Still no luck for me
    I allowed permissions for the Camera and the Microphone (and literally anything else) and still with the same message - even after restarting my phone (same with Assistant too) - as well as the Power Centre settings (which was on one of the more recent posts)

It seems weird that it works for some users and not me?
    04-08-19 07:41 AM
    Still no luck for me
    I allowed permissions for the Camera and the Microphone (and literally anything else) and still with the same message - even after restarting my phone (same with Assistant too) - as well as the Power Centre settings (which was on one of the more recent posts)

Same here.
    04-08-19 12:05 PM
    Doesn't work on this bbf100-2 build abr886
    04-08-19 05:34 PM
    Still no luck for me

It is very strange! Could it possibly be carrier restricted? Doesn't make much sense, but neither does some working and some not. Puzzling!
    04-08-19 09:52 PM
    It is very strange! Could it possibly be carrier restricted? Doesn't make much sense, but neither does some working and some not. Puzzling!
    All KEY2's are unlocked, so it can't be carrier-restricted by design. Besides: it works fine on my dad's Pocophone but not on my KEY2, despite the fact that we BOTH have the SAME carrier.
    04-09-19 12:08 PM
    All KEY2's are unlocked, so it can't be carrier-restricted by design. Besides: it works fine on my dad's Pocophone but not on my KEY2, despite the fact that we BOTH have the SAME carrier.
    Understood, but how is it that it is broken on some phones and not others? Puzzling.
    04-09-19 12:25 PM
    Google lens just got an update. Has it fixed any problems for you? Just tried it and is functioning as expected.
    04-10-19 03:16 PM
    I didn't get no Lens update.
    04-10-19 03:17 PM
    I don't use Lens but I got a Lens update today on my BE KEYone in the great state of Floriduh and southern WH zone....
    04-10-19 04:00 PM
49 12