I wanted to check out the new operation of the convenience key functions now that I have ABI067 (finally).

But pressing the convenience key doesn't do anything, with the settings.. settings, shortcuts & gestures, convenience key... set to "Google Assistant profile".

I had the convenience key set up for the HUB before the OS update. If I change to convenience key setting to "Normal", it reverts back to bringing up the HUB which is good and expected.

Just wondering if anyone else had this problem with the Google Assistant profile and was able to fix it? And actually "press & hold" the HOME button to bring up the assisstant isn't working for me either, nor is saying "OK Google". So maybe the issue relates to a Google setting, but if so, I can't find the right setting to change.

Any help with this would be appreciated.
    11-03-18 01:43 PM
    Can you please check whether you've got the Google Search enabled?

1. Go to Settings > Search for "Default Apps" > Then check whether you've got Assist & Voice input as Google or not.

2. If this doesn't work then try the following.
    Open Power Center. Go to Manage automatic apps. Check whether Google is disabled from running in background or not.

3. If it was disabled here then it will not work immediately.
    Go back to Settings > Default Apps > Then try setting it to "None" for Assist & Voice input and follow the prompts.

Once done, repeat step 1 again and set it back to Google.

Hope this helps.
    Wrec likes this.
    11-03-18 03:14 PM
    That worked, thanks. I had Google set to NOT run in the background, forgot about that Just followed your directions, the convenience key and the HOME button now bring up the Assistant.

"OK Google" not working though, any thoughts on that one?
    11-03-18 04:08 PM
    That worked, thanks. I had Google set to NOT run in the background, forgot about that Just followed your directions, the convenience key and the HOME button now bring up the Assistant.

"OK Google" not working though, any thoughts on that one?
    Try checking the Settings for the Google app. You will find Voice > Voice Match and enable + train your language.

I don't use Google Assistant at all, so you may have to search on how to retrain and/or enable OK Google
    Wrec likes this.
    11-03-18 04:48 PM
    The retraining didn't work but that's ok. I'm just happy to know that the convenience thing works and so does the HOME key for the Assistant.

I think I'll keep the convenience key at the "Nomal" setting for the Hub along with an H keyboard shortcut. For the Assistant, hold Home key is fine along with G keyboard shortcut.

Thanks again.
    Rico4you likes this.
    11-03-18 05:23 PM