Sad for me to say but I've put my KEY2 away a few months ago when AT&T said they will no longer support it after February 2022... I can not get replacement parts so it does have a cracked screen but functions just fine otherwise.... I can not switch to T-Mobile since they get absolutely no service here where I am and the KEY2 isn't supported on Verizon also so can not use it anymore.... don't really want to let it go but also don't like seeing it sit in the drawer... anyways anyone in the same boat as me? i've been using it alongside my Samsung S20 Ultra but I've fully switched over to the S20 Ultra...

Thanks AT&T for only supporting Samsung and Crapple
    cribble2k likes this.
    01-16-22 08:22 PM
    ...and LG, Motorola, Google, Alcatel, Asus, BLU, Microsoft, Kyocera, Nokia, OnePlus, RED, Sonim, SONY, TCL, Teracube, and ZTE.
    01-16-22 08:37 PM
    I feel your pain. KEY2 is still perfectly functional. There's literally no good reason for these carriers to boot it from their networks. Planning to keep mine for 2 more years unless the Canadian carriers boot it as well.
    whitieiii and Kamen Ivanov1 like this.
    01-16-22 10:34 PM
    I feel your pain. KEY2 is still perfectly functional. There's literally no good reason for these carriers to boot it from their networks. Planning to keep mine for 2 more years unless the Canadian carriers boot it as well.
    The reason is simple: AT&T doesn't want to certify and troubleshoot/support fringe devices.
    01-16-22 10:37 PM
    The reason is simple: AT&T doesn't want to certify and troubleshoot/support fringe devices.
    Goodbye Blackberry KEY2-close-door-office.gif
    whitieiii likes this.
    01-16-22 10:42 PM
    ...and LG, Motorola, Google, Alcatel, Asus, BLU, Microsoft, Kyocera, Nokia, OnePlus, RED, Sonim, SONY, TCL, Teracube, and ZTE.
    true.. AT&T just sucks and they are the only service provider that works in my area
    01-16-22 10:42 PM
    i want to keep mine as well but mine will only work on wifi at this point for me as I get absolutely no T-Mobile in my area
    01-16-22 10:45 PM
    true.. AT&T just sucks and they are the only service provider that works in my area
    How so? AT&T even supports my factory unlocked Teracube 2e crowdsourced device. Since BlackBerry Mobile is defunct, AT&T simply doesn't want the additional problems. It's stuck with supporting the AT&T PRIV and AT&T KEYone already.
    01-16-22 11:47 PM
    How so? AT&T even supports my factory unlocked Teracube 2e crowdsourced device. Since BlackBerry Mobile is defunct, AT&T simply doesn't want the additional problems. It's stuck with supporting the AT&T PRIV and AT&T KEYone already.
    there is a big discussion on the AT&T reedit group if it's not on their whitelist consider it "3G" and not supported on the network anymore come February 2022 even if it supports VoLTE and/or LTE... the only real usable Blackberry device come Febuary 2022 on AT&T is the 3GB/32GB KEYone with AT&T branding...not even the factory unlocked BBB100-1 will be supported they are already kicking off everything not on the list including my KEY2
    01-17-22 12:52 AM
    https://www.att.com/idpassets/images/support/wireless/Devices-Working-on-ATT-Network.pdf?fbclid=IwAR10WH0i5De3-lmUAjSj8t4rHYU0kUlmV41CbjNdZYOLRW8PQmCM0hERbbo

AT&T LTE Whitelist for reference... if it's not on this list it will be removed from network on or before February 2022
    01-17-22 12:56 AM
    there is a big discussion on the AT&T reedit group if it's not on their whitelist consider it "3G" and not supported on the network anymore come February 2022 even if it supports VoLTE and/or LTE... the only real usable Blackberry device come Febuary 2022 on AT&T is the 3GB/32GB KEYone with AT&T branding...not even the factory unlocked BBB100-1 will be supported they are already kicking off everything not on the list including my KEY2
    I'm aware of that. My point is that AT&T is supporting lots of factory unlocked devices and from defunct companies, just not both.
    01-17-22 06:45 AM
    I'm aware of that. My point is that AT&T is supporting lots of factory unlocked devices and from defunct companies, just not both.
    Wonder how many of those are stuck on an older OS.... Android 8.1 is pretty old, could be other technical reasons.
    01-17-22 11:44 AM
    Sad for me to say but I've put my KEY2 away a few months ago when AT&T said they will no longer support it after February 2022... I can not get replacement parts so it does have a cracked screen but functions just fine otherwise.... I can not switch to T-Mobile since they get absolutely no service here where I am and the KEY2 isn't supported on Verizon also so can not use it anymore.... don't really want to let it go but also don't like seeing it sit in the drawer... anyways anyone in the same boat as me? i've been using it alongside my Samsung S20 Ultra but I've fully switched over to the S20 Ultra...

Hey whats up, my wife went through the same issue with her key2 recently she dropped it and cracked the screen and also had service reception issues when other people on att and verizon were ok but we were able to resolve both issues and she was able to stay on tmobile and get the screen fixed.

to get the screen fixed contact TCL support and they will have you send the phone in to them and the turnaround was about 2 weeks or so and the fix was less than $100 because there were no other issues.

to get better service on tmobile once the phone came back we made sure it was on the latest update while checking for updates while connected to tmobiles towers and did that, then we went into the *#*#46368676#*#* screen and turned off the volte, wifi calling, and then turned it back on again and now she has her IMS connected so she has access to their 700mhz band 12 and has volte on the phone and no more dropped calls!

Hope that helps. Dont let these crap companies like ATT tell you theres no solutions out there. ATT is by far the worst. Verizon is a little better but Tmobile is the best when it comes to the way they treat their customers.
    01-17-22 12:14 PM
    Hey whats up, my wife went through the same issue with her key2 recently she dropped it and cracked the screen and also had service reception issues when other people on att and verizon were ok but we were able to resolve both issues and she was able to stay on tmobile and get the screen fixed.

to get the screen fixed contact TCL support and they will have you send the phone in to them and the turnaround was about 2 weeks or so and the fix was less than $100 because there were no other issues.

to get better service on tmobile once the phone came back we made sure it was on the latest update while checking for updates while connected to tmobiles towers and did that, then we went into the *#*#46368676#*#* screen and turned off the volte, wifi calling, and then turned it back on again and now she has her IMS connected so she has access to their 700mhz band 12 and has volte on the phone and no more dropped calls!

Hope that helps. Dont let these crap companies like ATT tell you theres no solutions out there. ATT is by far the worst. Verizon is a little better but Tmobile is the best when it comes to the way they treat their customers.
    I believe the OP stated TMO network coverage is lacking in their area.
    whitieiii likes this.
    01-17-22 12:44 PM
    I believe the OP stated TMO network coverage is lacking in their area.
    Yes unfortunately... I have to drive 30 min away for a y T-Mobile service
    01-17-22 02:58 PM
    Yes unfortunately... I have to drive 30 min away for a y T-Mobile service
    Kinda like a reverse landline problem. Sorry but ya are where ya are.

I'm wishing for something on AT&T but not expecting OM to deliver with any carrier...
    01-17-22 03:40 PM
    Kinda like a reverse landline problem. Sorry but ya are where ya are.

I'm wishing for something on AT&T but not expecting OM to deliver with any carrier...
    I heard from a guy that knew a guy pretty high up, that AT&T was going to have it in August... that's only seven months away.
    01-18-22 11:11 AM
    I heard from a guy that knew a guy pretty high up, that AT&T was going to have it in August... that's only seven months away.
    I thought it was 5 months ago past
    01-18-22 01:33 PM
    I thought it was 5 months ago past
    Correct, you will need to enter a Star Trek episode that deals with an alternative universe and go back in time.

Actually the whole Star Trek idea might help OM since they don't have money in the future maybe OM would be able to fund their project.
    01-19-22 03:41 PM
    Wonder how many of those are stuck on an older OS.... Android 8.1 is pretty old, could be other technical reasons.
    Well, we know the AT&T KeyOne is still on 8. The Priv is stuck on 6
    01-19-22 03:52 PM
    Correct, you will need to enter a Star Trek episode that deals with an alternative universe and go back in time.

Actually the whole Star Trek idea might help OM since they don't have money in the future maybe OM would be able to fund their project.
    But what a waste of time travel.... Go invest in OM in 2019 or go invest in Apple or/both Amazon stock in 1997.

Now the alternate universe, that's a scary place... don't think they help the weak there, and OM sure looks weak..
    01-19-22 03:55 PM
    Well, we know the AT&T KeyOne is still on 8. The Priv is stuck on 6
    Yeah Chuck was talking about devices other than BlackBerry, that AT&T is still supporting but that they didn't sell.

But yeah Android 13 Developer Previews will be showing up next month... anything running later than Android 10 shouldn't be considered at all.
    01-19-22 03:59 PM
    They could make you sign a document that says if your phone doesn't work that is on you and you need to buy a new phone. It is annoying as heck that the major providers make us jump through so many hoops.
    01-20-22 11:45 AM
    They could make you sign a document that says if your phone doesn't work that is on you and you need to buy a new phone. It is annoying as heck that the major providers make us jump through so many hoops.
    It's actually the other way around. You are asking THEM to jump through hoops because YOU decided to buy an outlier device.
    Sporkguy3 likes this.
    01-20-22 11:53 AM
    It's actually the other way around. You are asking THEM to jump through hoops because YOU decided to buy an outlier device.
    The hoop they have to jump through is much smaller than the one I have to jump through. Seeing as I don't have the means to build a national network and there are only a few options. All they have to do is allow the device, not that difficult when we are talking about a Key2 since it uses the same tech as other android phones of this era.

I am asking for a little freedom in the phone buying experience, and I get that it may be such a little amount of people are asking for that so that they may not care. But it doesn't seem like that hard of an ask to me.
    the_boon and Trouveur like this.
    01-20-22 12:07 PM
65 123