Says the member here matching post for post?
    You said member...
    10-04-19 01:47 PM
    You said member...[IMG=512x414]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191004/03d2567621fa8d1187cb705c879298b7.jpg[/url]
    I know it’s cool when I use the double entendres here. Most don’t get them...

I miss those guys. If real people, they’d be like almost 50 now..
    10-04-19 01:48 PM
    Who's gonna buy these at this price so late in the cycle?

Wouldn't those who want this device already have bought it long ago?
    I dunno. How about the people who were paying at least that a few weeks ago for used devices? These are new with warranty.
    10-04-19 07:18 PM
    No they didn't.

Best Buy didn't restock Blacks since like April or May.

They only restocked Reds and Atomics.

And if you can't even agree that TCL botched the spacebar of the OG KEY2's and that they could and should have done better for their second generation flagship device, then there's absolutely nothing that you'd ever blame them for.
    I dunno about "botched" ... was it perfect? No... but even Blackberry had varying keyboards slightly
    10-05-19 09:20 AM
    I dunno about "botched" ... was it perfect? No... but even Blackberry had varying keyboards slightly
    Have you ever used a KEY2 and compared side by side the feel of the spacebar to the KEYone, LE, Priv, Passport, Classic, or any other PKB device?

It's different. But if they were all firm in place like the Red KEY2, I wouldn't be complaining like this, and I would be using a Silver one, not a Red one.
    10-05-19 07:59 PM
    Whoa, talk about burying the lede! While I have no doubt the phones selling on GoTalk and Best Buy are NOS (New Old Stock), the fact that these are essentially Frankenstein'd together from existing parts lying aroundis a bit of an under-reported story-- more please!
    10-06-19 12:32 PM
    Whoa, talk about burying the lede! While I have no doubt the phones selling on GoTalk and Best Buy are NOS (New Old Stock), the fact that these are essentially Frankenstein'd together from existing parts lying aroundis a bit of an under-reported story-- more please!
    What??
    10-06-19 01:29 PM
    Check Conite's response above, thread post #12
    10-06-19 09:45 PM
    Low stock - high demand
    10-07-19 03:55 AM
    Low stock - high demand
    Low stock doesn't always equal high demand.

Gotta ask yourself: Since whatever GoTalk has in stock is old stock, why didn't whoever unloaded them to GoTalk just sell them themselves?

And if the demand was fine, why did Best Buy get rid of all of them and not replenish aside from the RedBerry's just recently?
    10-07-19 03:36 PM

Gotta ask yourself: Since whatever GoTalk has in stock is old stock, why didn't whoever unloaded them to GoTalk just sell them themselves?

And if the demand was fine, why did Best Buy get rid of all of them and not replenish aside from the RedBerry's just recently?
    Supply gets scraped up from the four corners of the world to be consolidated with a select few sellers.
    10-07-19 05:23 PM

Then it would be "old stock - high demand" lol
    10-07-19 07:52 PM
    Supply gets scraped up from the four corners of the world to be consolidated with a select few sellers.
    That doesn't make sense.

I thought GoTalk can only sell US BBF100-2 models?

Therefore, they can't just scrap up -1's, -6's from all 4 corners since those wouldn't get US warranty
    10-07-19 08:41 PM
    That doesn't make sense.

I thought GoTalk can only sell US BBF100-2 models?

Therefore, they can't just scrap up -1's, -6's from all 4 corners since those wouldn't get US warranty
    I was speaking more generally.

With GoTalk specifically, yes we see N.A models - but the same logic stands, as product is collected from all over N.A.
    10-07-19 08:44 PM
    I was speaking more generally.

With GoTalk specifically, yes we see N.A models - but the same logic stands, as product is collected from all over N.A.
    Back to my question: Since GoTalk presumably only has -2's, then who offloaded that stock to them?
    10-07-19 08:46 PM
    Back to my question: Since GoTalk presumably only has -2's, then who offloaded that stock to them?
    Wal-Marts, Staples, and BestBuys throughout all of North American? One or two devices that were sitting on various store shelves that went back to the manufacturer?
    10-07-19 08:47 PM
    Wal-Marts, Staples, and BestBuys throughout all of North American? One or two devices that were sitting on various store shelves that went back to the manufacturer?
    So you think that GoTalk has "one or two" KEY2's ?

And my original question was that if there was high demand, WalMart, Staples and Best Buy would have sold all of theirs and wouldn't have needed to offload the stock to GoTalk.

It shouldn't take over a year to liquidate a few batches of a device in the largest market.

Whatever, we'll see how long they have stock for.

I just wonder if BBMo has built any BBF100-2 units at all after late December 2018.
    10-07-19 09:07 PM
    So you think that GoTalk has "one or two" KEY2's ?

And my original question was that if there was high demand, WalMart, Staples and Best Buy would have sold all of theirs and wouldn't have needed to offload the stock to GoTalk.

It shouldn't take over a year to liquidate a few batches of a device in the largest market.

Whatever, we'll see how long they have stock for.

I just wonder if BBMo has built any BBF100-2 units at all after late December 2018.
    No. BBMo has consolidated return inventory from small stocks all over the place.

I don't think they have built anything at all since the fall of last year.
    joshualebowitz likes this.
    10-07-19 09:09 PM
    No. BBMo has consolidated return inventory from small stocks all over the place.
    So isn't that a bad sign that there's so much return stock that they can replenish GoTalk? And companies can use return stock to repackage and re-seal them and sell them as brand new again? (In this case even more than it cost the first buyer)

I don't think they have built anything at all since the fall of last year.
    Again, I fail to see how that's a positive sign that stock that was built about a year ago is still being sold on the market today.
    10-07-19 10:20 PM
    So isn't that a bad sign that there's so much return stock that they can replenish GoTalk? And companies can use return stock to repackage and re-seal them and sell them as brand new again? (In this case even more than it cost the first buyer)

Again, I fail to see how that's a positive sign that stock that was built about a year ago is still being sold on the market today.
    Resealed? I never said that. Just a few boxes from here and a few boxes from there.

Nor did I suggest it was either positive or negative for BBMo. I think that's a whole other story, and it's being discussed in many other threads.
    10-07-19 10:24 PM
    What conite is saying is that Walmart may have had, say, 50 or 100 stores spread across the US that each had 1 or 2 phones in stock - stock that was over a year old - and Walmart sent out a notice to all stores to return unsold BB stock to the warehouse, which was then returned to BB's distributor, which then sold that stock off to Go Talk. Best Buy and other authorized sellers likely did the same, again with the returned stock being sold to Go Talk.

This is a normal and common part of a distribution/retail cycle, and has been going on with BB phones for decades already. In the old days with BBOS phones, new-old-stock (meaning: unsold, unopened devices that were over a year old and no longer current) would be returned to the distributor and resold overseas at a discount. While cheaper phones like the Gemini were made especially for markets like India and Indonesia, those NOS phones were a higher-end option in those markets for those who could afford them.

Carriers aside, retailers generally don't want to get left holding slow-moving inventory, especially something like a cell phone, which quickly depreciates as technology leaves it behind, so most retailers will be looking to get rid of phones that have been out a year unless they are very popular models that are still enjoying strong sales (your iPhones and Galaxy S's/Notes, for the most part). As such, it's normal to return unsold inventory, and for that distributor to sell that inventory at a discount to a clearance retailer. Obviously, in this case, that's Go Talk.

This process in and of itself isn't "bad" - it's very common, and the volume of devices involved is fairly small; not like the massive amount of unsold Z10s that had to be sold via fire sale accompanied by a huge write-down - but given the small overall sales volumes of BBMo devices, it certainly isn't good news.

It seems that TCL manufactured approximately half as many K2/K2LE phones as they did K1/Motion phones, and they still didn't sell through them all after a year via their primary retail channels. Plus there is still new K1 inventory available after 2 years on the market. Those are the things that are the real concern, and explains why BBMo is having trouble paying BB Ltd, and why they aren't anxious to roll out any new models.
    10-08-19 12:04 AM
    What conite is saying is that Walmart may have had, say, 50 or 100 stores spread across the US that each had 1 or 2 phones in stock - stock that was over a year old - and Walmart sent out a notice to all stores to return unsold BB stock to the warehouse, which was then returned to BB's distributor, which then sold that stock off to Go Talk. Best Buy and other authorized sellers likely did the same, again with the returned stock being sold to Go Talk.

This is a normal and common part of a distribution/retail cycle, and has been going on with BB phones for decades already. In the old days with BBOS phones, new-old-stock (meaning: unsold, unopened devices that were over a year old and no longer current) would be returned to the distributor and resold overseas at a discount. While cheaper phones like the Gemini were made especially for markets like India and Indonesia, those NOS phones were a higher-end option in those markets for those who could afford them.

Carriers aside, retailers generally don't want to get left holding slow-moving inventory, especially something like a cell phone, which quickly depreciates as technology leaves it behind, so most retailers will be looking to get rid of phones that have been out a year unless they are very popular models that are still enjoying strong sales (your iPhones and Galaxy S's/Notes, for the most part). As such, it's normal to return unsold inventory, and for that distributor to sell that inventory at a discount to a clearance retailer. Obviously, in this case, that's Go Talk.

This process in and of itself isn't "bad" - it's very common, and the volume of devices involved is fairly small; not like the massive amount of unsold Z10s that had to be sold via fire sale accompanied by a huge write-down - but given the small overall sales volumes of BBMo devices, it certainly isn't good news.

It seems that TCL manufactured approximately half as many K2/K2LE phones as they did K1/Motion phones, and they still didn't sell through them all after a year via their primary retail channels. Plus there is still new K1 inventory available after 2 years on the market. Those are the things that are the real concern, and explains why BBMo is having trouble paying BB Ltd, and why they aren't anxious to roll out any new models.
    This all makes sense to me, but I feel like something different happened with the KEY2 Red Edition specifically. When it was first announced in March and then hit BestBuy in April, it seemed like the stock sold out fast. And then there was this massive lull throughout the summer and now drip feeds via BestBuy, Amazon and gotalk.
    10-08-19 06:44 AM
    Subscribing to this thread so when the KEY2 comes back in stock at Best Buy I'll see it here and be able to pull the trigger. I'm showing you can get the atomic LE for $350 today from Best Buy.
    10-08-19 08:44 AM
    This all makes sense to me, but I feel like something different happened with the KEY2 Red Edition specifically. When it was first announced in March and then hit BestBuy in April, it seemed like the stock sold out fast. And then there was this massive lull throughout the summer and now drip feeds via BestBuy, Amazon and gotalk.
    No, more-or-less the same thing happened there too. For example, Best Buy sent a couple of phones to a bunch of their stores, and sold the rest online. They sold through their limited stock online fairly quickly, and then, more recently, the order to return unsold stock resulted in a few more reds being returned to their online warehouse for online sale. Best Buy representatives have told several people here that the Red models for sale are part of the same, single delivery they got earlier in the year. You can bet that there's a similar story for the Reds that ended up on Amazon - those likely were returns from elsewhere that the distributor sent to Amazon.
    10-08-19 11:07 AM
49 12