Dear BB community,

this is just to share with you my frustration:
    I wanted to buying a BB Key2 Silver/QUERTY (dual SIM) & this seems to be almost impossible from where I live (Switzerland). I placed an order with axiomtelecom (UAE) - however after few days of reading around this form I discovered that the keyboard is dual layout (Arabic/English) which is something I really hate - this is why I decided to immediately cancel the order! btw, just for you to know: Axiomtelecom's customer care sucks!!! If you want to avoid headache simply avoid them!!!

the only reason why i wanted to buy the Key2 is the keyboard and the overall aesthetic, if i can't get what i like then i'm not going to invest over 700 euro ... forget it!

Result: I ordered oneplus 6 the model I like in less then 10 seconds & the delivery will be done in 24h!

Dear Blackberry/TCL you just lost 700 boxes!

Bye, bye Community!!!
    08-21-18 03:54 AM
    Dear BB community,

I wanted to buying a BB Key2 Silver/QUERTY (dual SIM) & this seems to be almost impossible from where I live (Switzerland). I placed an order with axiomtelecom (UAE) - however after few days of reading around this form I discovered that the keyboard is dual layout (Arabic/English) which is something I really hate - this is why I decided to immediately cancel the order! btw, just for you to know: Axiomtelecom's customer care sucks!!! If you want to avoid headache simply avoid them!!!

the only reason why i wanted to buy the Key2 is the keyboard and the overall aesthetic, if i can't get what i like then i'm not going to invest over 700 euro ... forget it!

Result: I ordered oneplus 6 the model I like in less then 10 seconds & the delivery will be done in 24h!

Bye, bye Community!!!
    Sounds like you gave up real fast and didn't really want the KEY2

Here's the KEY2 silver dual sim qwerty, for 609€ free shipping

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Blackberry-K...sAAOSwVmVbbUlQ
    08-21-18 04:49 AM
    ebay? seriously?! no thanks ...
    08-21-18 05:19 AM
    If the seller has good enough seller ratings and return/exchange policy, then why not?

I'm sure I can find other places that sell it, this is just a quick search.

Again, if you really want this device and that variant and color, you can find it.
    08-21-18 05:25 AM
    I don't think I should struggle with buying something, it should be blackberry making sure about resellers & the way their products are sold... but this is just my opinion of course
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    08-21-18 05:29 AM
    The dual sim is available from reliable sellers in France. Azerty keyboard but it's a short learning curve.

https://www.materiel.net/smartphone/...180821104525:s
    08-21-18 05:46 AM
    I don't think I should struggle with buying something, it should be blackberry making sure about resellers & the way their products are sold... but this is just my opinion of course
    Every OEM has specific variants of a device for select regions only.

For example: If you're in Europe and you want a snapdragon Samsung S device, you need to import it from the US since the EU model has an Exynos chipset
    08-21-18 06:39 AM
    I don't want azerty keyboard...
    08-21-18 07:22 AM
    The dual sim is available from reliable sellers in France. Azerty keyboard but it's a short learning curve.

https://www.materiel.net/smartphone/...180821104525:s
    Don't try too hard guys, it seems the OP wasn't really that motivated to buy a K1 or K2, so bye bye to him and good luck with his new phone lol
    skrble and jamesharmeling like this.
    08-21-18 07:24 AM
    I don't want azerty keyboard...
    Well either way it seems like you made your mind up with the OnePlus 6.
    08-21-18 07:25 AM
    You don't buy Key2 because of cutting edge technology, you don't buy key2 because of price ... however :

You do buy key2 because of keyboard and productivity.. Which means that dual SIM and all possible keywords variants should be sold everywhere, the way blackberry is handling this aspect is just ridiculous...
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    08-21-18 07:27 AM
    I don't think they are trying to convince me of anything Also because I already decided ... here the point is that blackberry mobile is not going to last very long if this is their approach to their customers...they will be eaten by other more competitive vendors with or without physical keyboard
    08-21-18 07:30 AM
    Dear BB community,

Bye, bye Community!!!
    Enjoy the virtual keyboard! One major advantage for me is being able to customize the keyboard & type in multiple languages.
    08-21-18 07:45 AM
    What's wrong with eBay? As an eBay seller I am curious what the issue is. There are plenty of protections on there for you as a buyer (more than seller usually too).
    the_boon likes this.
    08-21-18 08:10 AM
    That's fine! You didn't really want it if you're not happy to order it from where it's available! Enjoy your new phone! By the way I have a blackberry with dual Arabic/english layout and totally love it cause the Arabic letters are red and light up making it really beautiful in dark places! And no, I don't speak arabic and yes I did buy it on ebay! But that's just me!

Posted via CB10
    08-21-18 08:28 AM
    That's fine! You didn't really want it if you're not happy to order it from where it's available! Enjoy your new phone! By the way I have a blackberry with dual Arabic/english layout and totally love it cause the Arabic letters are red and light up making it really beautiful in dark places! And no, I don't speak arabic and yes I did buy it on ebay! But that's just me!

Posted via CB10
    The Arabic letters are red!?!?!?! WHY CAN I NOT GET THE ENGLISH QWERTY LETTERS IN RED!!!!
    08-21-18 08:30 AM
    The Arabic letters are red!?!?!?! WHY CAN I NOT GET THE ENGLISH QWERTY LETTERS IN RED!!!!
    Yes! And the keyboard is insanely beautiful!
    Plus you don't even notice them in use!
    I'll take a pic tonight and post it here

Posted via CB10
    08-21-18 08:32 AM
    I don't know what are you talking about, how do you know if I wanted it or not? I even placed the order ... of course I wanted to buy it! The issue here is that when I'm investing almost 700 boxes I would like at least to be able to buy the version I like & possibly to be able to receive it from a dealer selling in the country where I live. It should not be very difficult to understand, is it?
    08-21-18 09:16 AM
    I don't know what are you talking about, how do you know if I wanted it or not? I even placed the order ... of course I wanted to buy it! The issue here is that when I'm investing almost 700 boxes I would like at least to be able to buy the version I like & possibly to be able to receive it from a dealer selling in the country where I live. It should not be very difficult to understand, is it?
    Market research determines what products work best in what markets. It's as simple as that. BBMo is not Samsung, and they don't have the infrastructure to offer everything to everyone.
    toto_berry and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    08-21-18 09:29 AM
    The eBay link I sent you, for the QWERTY dual sim KEY2 is from a seller with 95.6% positive feedback, from over 14000 ratings

There is also a 14 day return window

609€ free shipping, so not 700
    08-21-18 09:38 AM
    This is exactly what I meant! And since they don't do charity while they are instead trying to maximize their profits, I simply don't do charity either and I buy from a competitor which is offering an overall better combination of product & service...

The moment they decided to switch to Android they also decided to compete with that market... and till now in terms of customer service they are far away from all the big competitors , I'm sorry to say that but this is the reality.

I would have invested my money with key2 even if it's lower in terms of hardware specs when compared to devices of the same price range, however what really made me change my mind is the way they treat us when it comes to buy their products: which can be summarized with "go and buy on eBay & if you are lucky you won't have to deal with the virtual reseller for issues"... this is not acceptable!
    08-21-18 10:12 AM
    however what really made me change my mind is the way they treat us when it comes to buy their products
    Treat you? What has TCL done to you other that not being able to offer their complete range of products in your specific market due to low demand?

Do you also feel disrespected because GM and Toyota don't sell their entire respective lines in your country?
    08-21-18 10:30 AM
    This is exactly what I meant! And since they don't do charity while they are instead trying to maximize their profits, I simply don't do charity either and I buy from a competitor which is offering an overall better combination of product & service...

The moment they decided to switch to Android they also decided to compete with that market... and till now in terms of customer service they are far away from all the big competitors , I'm sorry to say that but this is the reality.

I would have invested my money with key2 even if it's lower in terms of hardware specs when compared to devices of the same price range, however what really made me change my mind is the way they treat us when it comes to buy their products: which can be summarized with "go and buy on eBay & if you are lucky you won't have to deal with the virtual reseller for issues"... this is not acceptable!
    "virtual reseller"??? What on earth are you talking about? If you buy the phone on eBay you still get the manufacturer warranty... you would still go through TCL
    the_boon likes this.
    08-21-18 10:30 AM
    Are you comparing cars with phones ... it doesn't work this way, trust me . I'm not offended at All, this is not personal! I just don't like the idea that specific models are hard to buy in many countries (including mine) & that the only way to overcome this issue is to trust resellers on eBay or compromise with the keyboard layout.
    BigAl_BB9900 and krazyatom like this.
    08-21-18 12:07 PM
    Are you comparing cars with phones ... it doesn't work this way, trust me . I'm not offended at All, this is not personal! I just don't like the idea that specific models are hard to buy in many countries (including mine) & that the only way to overcome this issue is to trust resellers on eBay or compromise with the keyboard layout.
    Pretty sure some OnePlus 6 variants are only being sold in some regions too.
    Summer_Moon likes this.
    08-21-18 12:10 PM
74 123