Hey everyone, I went through the whole CDMAless thing with Verizon about a year ago or so, and was unsuccessful after going to the store and then getting on the phone with customer service to L3, etc etc. I still couldnt place a call with a verizon SIM. So I've been on Tmobile, and pretty happy with it, but I have a few dead spots at clients and at home and I would REALLY like to move over to verizon if possible.

I've read on here that it is possible to do it now, without having to use a Key2 LE to put the sim in there first. I don't have an LE and I'm not getting one just to do this.

So my friends, can anyone help explain to me the steps I need to do in order to get my Key2 working on Verizon??? VoLTE and WFC would be nice to have, but not required. Ideally I would be doing this by starting a NEW account with verizon, but if it is easier to do it on an existing verizon account, I could use my MIL's account to get it started.

Hivemind, enlighten me! TIA
    04-21-21 11:59 AM
    I don't think much has changed....

Best if you have a KEY2 LE. But some have had sucess with first activating a SIM in another CDMA-less device and then moving it to the KEY2.... but not everyone.

Might dig through some of the older threads here and try to message some of the users that were using the KEY2 with VZW.

It's a three year old phone, so just not as much "new" activity.... and Verizon was never a good fit for BYOD.
    04-21-21 02:01 PM
    Using an LE to do it is still the most reliable method.
    04-21-21 04:15 PM
    Verizon is generally good at supporting BYOD for phones they have certified. I could bring a Note 10 I bought from Samsung that is not a Verizon phone and they will support the device. The same is true for a Kye2LE. I don't know if Verizon will activate a Key 2 because it will not have been certified with Verizon VoLTE.
    04-21-21 06:30 PM
    All you need is CDMA-less on your account. I've had that added to multiple accounts - personal, business, prepaid - and successfully run a KEY2 on all of them. You just have to get it added.

Easiest thing is to tell the CS rep you are getting an LE and want the CDMA-less feature added so you can validate it. It costs nothing and is simple for them to do. I've done it over chat and on phone. Never a problem.
    bibbula likes this.
    04-21-21 06:55 PM
    Just left Verizon corporate store with my Key2 activated in just a few minutes. (Local retail store wouldnt/coudnt do it). Tech said system has been updated and they can activate just about anything. Never even mentioned if it was not whitelisted. I suspect/hope they are gearing up for the 5G Key3 launch. Rumor has it they will sell it.

PS Tech was wowed by the phone.
    08-02-21 06:10 PM
    Just left Verizon corporate store with my Key2 activated in just a few minutes. (Local retail store wouldnt/coudnt do it). Tech said system has been updated and they can activate just about anything. Never even mentioned if it was not whitelisted. I suspect/hope they are gearing up for the 5G Key3 launch. Rumor has it they will sell it.

Nice. So they can also activate a Titan Pocket?
    08-03-21 08:05 PM

I don't consider Verizon "retailers" to be Verizon stores at all. Have avoided them for two decades and counting. Would only ever do this at a corporate store.
    08-13-21 03:48 PM