There's a huge difference between BlackBerry users and Samsung / Huawei / iPhone ones.

As BlackBerry users we're in need of a solid phone that enables us to get things done. Of course, having a camera that allows to take shots on the go and having our favorite apps is necessary, and BlackBerry offers it.

Though, tactile addicted users are always looking for hardware and software updates they won't even use or appreciate. And they spend thousands of USD for bragging about owning the latest cool phone. When actually their former one would still do the job great.

On my side, I would appreciate a Key3 coming out someday, but I'm very fine with my Key2.
    Battery life is still amazing after 10 months of intensive daily use, phone never slows down, i'm really happy about it and it does the work perfectly.

Only downside is my space bar that would act up sometimes meaning I would need to click a bit stronger for it to work properly.

Besides that, I'm just wondering what if no more BlackBerry phones with keyboard were ever coming out... I really don't know what phone I would turn to once mine is dead or totally obselete since I hate typing on glass and I'm much more efficient on a keyboard...

What alternative would you guys go for if no more keyboard BlackBerry phones would ever be made ?
    10-09-19 04:34 PM
    BBMo only sold 330k phones last year, and will sell less than 120k phones this year. Why in the world would they produce 500k phones, much less $1M. That would assure a big loss.
    Because, if they charge less then they'd move more units. I've had a dozen friends in the last year that were eyeing my KEY2. The moment they heard $900 they just all paid a bit more for Samsung's, Sony's, a few went with iPhones..

Make more, charge less, sell more.. A lot of my friends we're willing to pay $550, some were willing to pay $600. But to them, anything more would of been a risk.

It's TCL that's shooting themselves in the foot. Hoping a premium price tag without premium features would go well.

Again, I bought an Snapdragon 855, 8GB ram, 256GB storage Redmi 9T Pro with a triple camera system on the back, AMOLED 6.4" screen, with pretty amazing specs.. imported for $730 cnd. And TCL wants $900+ for a Snapdragon 660, 6/64GB single sim phone?! I don't care what you tell me.. manufacturing a pkb and paying BlackBerry license fee's isn't THAT much. Let's not kid ourselves. TCL's buffing the margins.. and it's understandable, but this isn't a Samsung... ugh.
    10-09-19 11:05 PM
    Because, if they charge less then they'd move more units. I've had a dozen friends in the last year that were eyeing my KEY2. The moment they heard $900 they just all paid a bit more for Samsung's, Sony's, a few went with iPhones..

Make more, charge less, sell more.. A lot of my friends we're willing to pay $550, some were willing to pay $600. But to them, anything more would of been a risk.

It's TCL that's shooting themselves in the foot. Hoping a premium price tag without premium features would go well.

Again, I bought an Snapdragon 855, 8GB ram, 256GB storage Redmi 9T Pro with a triple camera system on the back, AMOLED 6.4" screen, with pretty amazing specs.. imported for $730 cnd. And TCL wants $900+ for a Snapdragon 660, 6/64GB single sim phone?! I don't care what you tell me.. manufacturing a pkb and paying BlackBerry license fee's isn't THAT much. Let's not kid ourselves. TCL's buffing the margins.. and it's understandable, but this isn't a Samsung... ugh.
    I don't think BBMo even covered their overhead. The notion that they were gouging is laughable.

The LE was available for $399 and $449. Price was clearly not the issue.

TCL would have all of the demand curve data. They would have tracked price sensitivity when discounts were offered on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

Any true pkb fan would have no issue paying either $449 or $649. The fact is that there aren't enough of us left.
    Trouveur likes this.
    10-09-19 11:20 PM
    There's a huge difference between BlackBerry users and Samsung / Huawei / iPhone ones.

As BlackBerry users we're in need of a solid phone that enables us to get things done.
    BB fans have been using this same tired and long-debunked statement for a decade already. If you needed a BB to "get things done", then you're suggesting that the 2 billion other smartphone owners on the planet aren't able to "get things done"?

Mike Lazaridis believed that BB would never lose its enterprise customers because "they need a BB to get things done." History proved that profoundly false, and it's false for consumer use as well.

It's fine to prefer a PKB or to prefer BB's way of doing things, or their focus on security, but that doesn't mean that people can't do what they need to get done on other phones - billions do that each day, and at least 80 million of them are former BB users who are fully aware of what BB could do for them, because they've owned them in the past.
    10-10-19 12:27 AM
    I don't think BBMo even covered their overhead. The notion that they were gouging is laughable.
    They didn't. They've been losing money on each phone.
    Trouveur likes this.
    10-10-19 12:29 AM
    Hi,

Not what I meant.
    Of course, other phone will enable people to get things done.

Just saying Blackberry users have a different mindset.
    We love our Keyboards and overall Blakberry experience and won't be chasing for any useless (most of the time they are...) upgrade.

Plus, personally, Blackberry matches perfectly what I need to get things done faster than with a Samsung / Apple device. Just the keyboard...
    10-10-19 08:00 AM
    BB fans have been using this same tired and long-debunked statement for a decade already. If you needed a BB to "get things done", then you're suggesting that the 2 billion other smartphone owners on the planet aren't able to "get things done"?

Mike Lazaridis believed that BB would never lose its enterprise customers because "they need a BB to get things done." History proved that profoundly false, and it's false for consumer use as well.

It's fine to prefer a PKB or to prefer BB's way of doing things, or their focus on security, but that doesn't mean that people can't do what they need to get done on other phones - billions do that each day, and at least 80 million of them are former BB users who are fully aware of what BB could do for them, because they've owned them in the past.
    Hi,

Not what I meant.

We love our Keyboards and overall Blakberry experience and won't be chasing for any useless (most of the time they are...) upgrade.

Plus, personally, Blackberry matches perfectly what I need to get things done faster than with a Samsung / Apple device. Just the keyboard...
    10-10-19 08:01 AM
    Hi,

Not what I meant.

While I agree that a physical keyboard has some intrinsic advantages to getting things done quickly and efficiently, there simply doesn't appear to be enough of us to keep the ride going.
    10-10-19 08:04 AM
    While I agree that a physical keyboard has some intrinsic advantages to getting things done quickly and efficiently, there simply doesn't appear to be enough of us to keep the ride going.
    You're giving up hope already?
    10-11-19 10:35 AM
    You're giving up hope already?
    Not completely. Still hoping for some type of scenario that can be made to work going forward.
    10-11-19 10:48 AM
    Not completely. Still hoping for some type of scenario that can be made to work going forward.
    If the Pro 1 and Titan have a modest success, that could keep some doors open as well...
    10-11-19 11:08 AM
    If the Pro 1 and Titan have a modest success, that could keep some doors open as well...
    The question is, how do you measure their success?

If they intend to sell 10k units and end up selling 20k, what does that actually tell us?

Either way, those kind of numbers will never generate the high-quality device I would ever demand for my primary use.
    10-11-19 11:19 AM
    I would expect my blackberry ride to last a few more years with the key2, as my phone runs great still, but the stupid charge port is really loose already, I don't know if it will last.
    10-13-19 01:49 PM
    I would expect my blackberry ride to last a few more years with the key2, as my phone runs great still, but the stupid charge port is really loose already, I don't know if it will last.
    Did you try another cable?
    10-16-19 10:17 AM
    The question is, how do you measure their success?

If they intend to sell 10k units and end up selling 20k, what does that actually tell us?

Either way, those kind of numbers will never generate the high-quality device I would ever demand for my primary use.
    Yeah we still have to see what kind of PKB experience those phones offer....

But for many BlackBerry lovers the security risks are just too great with the Titan. Which might be why the needle is kinds stuck at 3K backers.
    10-16-19 11:26 AM
    Yeah, it is annoying, if I don't line it up just right it falls out, still getting it to charge though.
    10-16-19 05:18 PM
    Total serious answer... what you’ve stated appears realistic and fairly accurate.

Let’s be honest, people are still using BB10 hardware and seem ok security wise... and claim to still use some apps, browsers etc
    Not claim........................................use them every day.
    10-16-19 05:49 PM
67 123