Just thinking as - for me personally - I haven't got a need for a new device, the Key2 suits my needs perfectly (I can manage the wobbly/clicky spacebar & poor night-time quality camera) New Android updates don't really interest me & what I have on my phone in terms of Apps sorts me out. I've noticed no slowdown at all over the past year too with it's 6GB of RAM
    Given Huawei are unlikely to be getting updates too it might just those devices & Key2's that in a year from now might be stuck on older versions of Android - providing the essentials still work... I'm cool with it?
    What do you guys think/feel?

(Also, I really don't think we're ever going to see a Key3, y'know - maybe iterations but I not a fully-fledged new device - in my opinion...)
    hemodad likes this.
    09-29-19 05:35 PM
    I think you can relax. The Key2 will be good for more than a few years.
    09-29-19 05:38 PM
    Just thinking as - for me personally - I haven't got a need for a new device, the Key2 suits my needs perfectly (I can manage the wobbly/clicky spacebar & poor night-time quality camera) New Android updates don't really interest me & what I have on my phone in terms of Apps sorts me out. I've noticed no slowdown at all over the past year too with it's 6GB of RAM
    Given Huawei are unlikely to be getting updates too it might just those devices & Key2's that in a year from now might be stuck on older versions of Android - providing the essentials still work... I'm cool with it?
    What do you guys think/feel?

(Also, I really don't think we're ever going to see a Key3, y'know - maybe iterations but I not a fully-fledged new device - in my opinion...)
    Total serious answer... what you’ve stated appears realistic and fairly accurate.

Let’s be honest, people are still using BB10 hardware and seem ok security wise... and claim to still use some apps, browsers etc
    09-29-19 05:40 PM
    I feel the same way about my KEYone Black Edition... no need for an upgrade...even without security updates. if it works for another two years, I'll be fine.
    OMGitsRLR-1 and anon(8004005) like this.
    09-29-19 06:32 PM
    as for me, my key2 still great as it still receive monthly security updates + the B B apps update. I guess these updates may help to ensure the securities and the performance of the key2.

I am ok with OREO on it. Of course any android ups will be bonus.

I hope and really hope my key2 will last a year more still from today
    09-29-19 11:27 PM
    It’s depends, my key2 is good enough for my use and I don’t think will has big change in next few years. Maybe until some app stop support Android 8.1.
    I even can use my Classic still. Someway is more convenient than key2. Just getting slow.
    09-30-19 06:22 AM
    the thing that's bugging me at the moment is screen brightness. virtually useless outdoors. it wasn't even sunny today.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    09-30-19 12:58 PM
    the thing that's bugging me at the moment is screen brightness. virtually useless outdoors. it wasn't even sunny today.
    Do you have it on auto or manually at lowest level?
    09-30-19 01:52 PM
    It varies. In outdoor daylight I've tried max auto and max manual.
    09-30-19 05:03 PM
    I often wonder what my world would be like if I kept using my BlackBerry Classic - so gutted that I sold it off when I went to Priv.
    09-30-19 06:33 PM
    It varies. In outdoor daylight I've tried max auto and max manual.
    Max auto is much brighter.

577 versus 434 nits.
    09-30-19 07:03 PM
    It amazes me how the price of the KEY2 has remained high for so long
    09-30-19 07:51 PM
    It amazes me how the price of the KEY2 has remained high for so long
    Supply and demand. And in this case, it's very much supply-limited.
    John Albert likes this.
    09-30-19 08:38 PM
    I'm assuming TCL stepped up the hardware longevity over time? The DTEKs didn't age all that well.
    10-01-19 03:10 AM
    Well Best Buy sure did a great job selling out. But what's up with the new price tag 699??? Come on that's ridiculous
    10-01-19 08:45 AM
    Well Best Buy sure did a great job selling out. But what's up with the new price tag 699??? Come on that's ridiculous
    Did you not just answer your own question?
    10-01-19 08:54 AM
    Did you not just answer your own question?
    Looks that way. -_-
    10-01-19 08:55 AM
    I don't have much success outside either, although I haven't tried fiddling with settings much.

I am planning on running this for a couple of years barring disaster - very solid, even the keys - great performance.
    10-01-19 11:49 AM
    While it may be true that the KEY2 LCD screen is not the greatest outdoors in bright light, it is inordinately better than my OnePlus AMOLED screen and not totally useless if adjusted properly. The AMOLED screen is totally useless in bright light on most devices. The new Super AMOLED technology may change this.
    10-01-19 12:37 PM
    if a device does what you want it to do well enough then it's never too old. my grandad is using a 15 year old (or older) Motorola flip phone to make calls and texts and he's happy enough with that as that's all he needs it to do.
    10-02-19 01:52 AM
    I was ready to buy, but not at $699.
    Egonzalez1978 and elfabio80 like this.
    10-02-19 01:25 PM
    I was ready to buy, but not at $699.
    What kept you waiting at the lower price? Not being funny but the low inventory and other factors make the price volatile. Either you pounce when cheap or buy a Titan which is already cheap.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-19 01:28 PM
    I was busy at work and didn't get the chance.
    10-02-19 01:35 PM
    I was busy at work and didn't get the chance.
    Darn job... getting in the way of the important stuff LOL good luck next go around

Posted via CB10
    10-02-19 01:39 PM
    I can manage the wobbly/clicky spacebar
    I don't know how you do it
    SeeBeeEss and Egonzalez1978 like this.
    10-02-19 01:41 PM
67 123