Hey everyone,

I just noted that for whatever reason, you can't format SD Cards for use as extra internal storage. I guess they view this as some kind of security risk? <Shrugs>

I was thinking about doing this to make space for a second user profile (Since they can't access SD Cards or OTG USB devices), but I guess that's pretty much impossible?
    06-03-19 03:48 PM
    I guess that's pretty much impossible?
    That is correct.

PS: You should also check your PM's.
    06-03-19 07:32 PM
    Hey everyone,

I just noted that for whatever reason, you can't format SD Cards for use as extra internal storage. I guess they view this as some kind of security risk? <Shrugs>

I was thinking about doing this to make space for a second user profile (Since they can't access SD Cards or OTG USB devices), but I guess that's pretty much impossible?
    It's not a good idea anyway. Your entire device storage becomes a ticking timebomb.
    06-03-19 08:14 PM
    I just wish they would allow the SD card to be encrypted like in the BB10 days. Right now, if you lose your phone, although the device may be locked, the SD card can be removed and read.
    DWonder likes this.
    06-04-19 05:58 AM
    I just wish they would allow the SD card to be encrypted like in the BB10 days. Right now, if you lose your phone, although the device may be locked, the SD card can be removed and read.
    Agreed! It would be easy and it doesn't have to integrate with internal storage. If other Androids have it I'm sure BlackBerry can figure it out.
    06-04-19 07:07 AM
    Agreed! It would be easy and it doesn't have to integrate with internal storage. If other Androids have it I'm sure BlackBerry can figure it out.
    Yes, other Android devices certainly have it.
    06-04-19 07:15 AM
    Just keep your private material on the device, and keep your media on your card.

The problem with SD encryption is that if your device becomes corrupt and requires a reload - the info on the card is forever lost too.
    06-04-19 07:48 AM
    Just keep your private material on the device, and keep your media on your card.

The problem with SD encryption is that if your device becomes corrupt and requires a reload - the info on the card is forever lost too.
    In my humble opinion I feel that this edge-case is rather rare unless your intentionally fooling around with the phone. The more common scenario is that you loose your phone, and want your SD card encrypted so people can't steal your personal data.

I think ether Blackberry feels this is somehow an inherent security risk (Ie. Multiple user profiles sharing the same disk space, can somehow be used to exploit one another?), or they are doing so to force users to buy the 128GB SKU, rather than get the cheaper model and use an SD card to expand internal memory. But that's just my theory.
    06-04-19 09:46 AM

Since the only things I keep on my SD card are photos and videos, and they are backed up to OneDrive in real time, this is not an issue. I just don't want to lose my phone and have people go through my SD card.

If the SD card becomes corrupt (rare), it's not a huge deal. I just want it locked down.
    06-05-19 06:14 AM
    Can you not put files in a password protected folder? Something like locker? There seems to be options on playstore.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    06-05-19 10:45 AM
    Can you not put files in a password protected folder? Something like locker? There seems to be options on playstore.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    Absolutely true.
    06-05-19 10:46 AM