Received the update in New Jersey, USA unlocked on AT&T.
    07-24-18 08:18 AM
    Still nothing on TMo.
    Got it on tmo this morning
    07-24-18 08:30 AM
    It's fixed the SD storage for music download but I still can't move apps to the SD
    07-24-18 08:34 AM
    It's fixed the SD storage for music download but I still can't move apps to the SD
    If my memory serves me correctly way back in the early days of Android moving apps to the sd card was part of the os. At some point that ability was removed. I believe recently (as in the last few years or so) it was made possible but it was up to the apps developer to allow that or not. This might still be true.
    07-24-18 09:01 AM
    If my memory serves me correctly way back in the early days of Android moving apps to the sd card was part of the os. At some point that ability was removed. I believe recently (as in the last few years or so) it was made possible but it was up to the apps developer to allow that or not. This might still be true.
    A lot of apps you cant move, but a lot you can. i have 15 apps on my phone right now that are able to be moved to the SD card, but i dont see this option which is a first for me.
    07-24-18 09:05 AM
    A lot of apps you cant move, but a lot you can. i have 15 apps on my phone right now that are able to be moved to the SD card, but i dont see this option which is a first for me.
    The ability of running apps from an SD card was removed with Marshmallow and beyond, for security reasons (not to say some custom roms didn't still allow it).

This coincided with the advent of adoptable storage.
    07-24-18 09:09 AM
    The ability of running apps from an SD card was removed with Marshmallow and beyond, for security reasons (not to say some custom roms didn't still allow it).

This coincided with the advent of adoptable storage.
    on a samsung phone, after marshmellow, you can move apps to the SD card. you can even go into developer mode and turn on the ability to move every app to the sd card.
    07-24-18 09:11 AM
    on a samsung phone, after marshmellow, you can move apps to the SD card. you can even go into developer mode and turn on the ability to move every app to the sd card.
    Yes. I'm speaking to vanilla (à la Google) Android.
    07-24-18 09:12 AM
    Yes. I'm speaking to vanilla (à la Google) Android.
    a moto phone runs "vanilla android" and you can move apps to the SD. so i'm not sure what you mean. google phones dont have micro sd expansion
    07-24-18 09:15 AM
    a moto phone runs "vanilla android" and you can move apps to the SD. so i'm not sure what you mean. google phones dont have micro sd expansion
    Call it AOSP then.

Oddly, from the Motorola support site:

"Marshmallow: what is changing

Android 6.0 brings new and exciting features to your device.

Android 6.0 introduces Adoptable Storage. Adoptable Storage enables a user to set up his SD card as internal storage, and store applications, their data, and media on an adopted SD card.

With Android 6.0, we are also deprecating the existing ‘Apps 2 SD’ Motorola feature which enabled the user to move applications to a SD card in favor of the richer experience natively provided by Android."
    07-24-18 09:16 AM
    Call it AOSP then.
    i dont know of an android phone that has micro SD card expansion where you cant move apps to the SD card, except for the key2
    07-24-18 09:18 AM
    i dont know of an android phone that has micro SD card expansion where you cant move apps to the SD card, except for the key2
    Read the rest of my post above.

All BlackBerry Android devices have behaved the same.

It's a security issue, so BlackBerry would be the last OEM to want to circumvent that feature.
    Last edited by conite; 07-24-18 at 09:31 AM.
    07-24-18 09:19 AM
    Do we have official notes of exactly what was changed in this update? I did see some users reporting some changes they noticed.
    07-24-18 09:33 AM
    Got it on tmo this morning
    Still waiting...
    07-24-18 10:16 AM
    I got the update this morning on T-Mobile USA on my BBF100-2.

I haven't really noticed any changed, but this phone was smooth as silk from when I turned it on.
    07-24-18 10:43 AM
    got the update OTA this morning. USA unlocked with ATT Sim. no issues to report.
    07-24-18 10:58 AM
    Checked and got the notification for the the update, haven't installed it yet. TMo, silver pre-order.

***this update fixed the software bugs I noticed like: notifications covering the notification shade at the lockscreen, multiselect in the hub won't deselect all when scrolling up after going down the line, and most importantly my podcast app can save downloads to the SD card!
    Last edited by sibeans; 07-24-18 at 04:46 PM.
    07-24-18 02:55 PM
    Many LG devices
    07-24-18 11:28 PM
    Still waiting here too. I'm on ABA082 in the UK unlocked and have tried without sim.

Oddly, a few days ago my fingerprint sensor started behaiving as it should and Google Pay started working (it wasn't registering payment at the till but showed payment on the phone).
    07-25-18 05:51 AM
    FINALLY received my update this morning. Took once again removing the SIM, but since I received a number of app updates overnight, I tried it and voila. No glitches noted thus far.
    07-26-18 11:30 AM
    Had an issue where I downloaded this update for on my Key2 and lost data on AT&T, even though my calling still worked. AT&T answered their customer service call very quickly and fixed it from their side, all I had to do was a restart.
    07-26-18 02:40 PM
    Anyone with a BBF100-6 model (black 64 GB variant unlocked) not getting the August the update yet? I just bought mine here in Santiago de Chile and it's not getting an update. It's on ABC369, showing July 1 as the security patch date
    08-25-18 05:37 PM
    Anyone with a BBF100-6 model (black 64 GB variant unlocked) not getting the August the update yet? I just bought mine here in Santiago de Chile and it's not getting an update. It's on ABC369, showing July 1 as the security patch date
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354
    08-25-18 06:17 PM
    Thanks, Conite. The PRD number is on your list, but my device has no update figures (APBI-PRD63828022) why would that be?
    APBI-PRD63828022
    08-26-18 12:41 AM
    Thanks, Conite. The PRD number is on your list, but my device has no update figures (APBI-PRD63828022) why would that be?
    APBI-PRD63828022
    What OS build are you on?
    08-26-18 12:51 AM
126 ... 3456