The fingerprint recognition stopped working and when I tried to look into the setting menu all the settings related to the fingerprint disappeared. I have seen similar posts on the KEYone.

I do not know if it is related but I have just updated to the latest beta of BlackBerry suite.

Tried already the 32second reset to no avail..

Any idea if this is software or hardware related and how to solve it?
    10-13-18 05:50 AM
    Here a screenshot from the menu where the fingerprint setting SHOULD be...
    Attached Thumbnails Fingerprint settings not showing up-127597.jpg  
    10-13-18 05:58 AM
    The fingerprint recognition stopped working and when I tried to look into the setting menu all the settings related to the fingerprint disappeared. I have seen similar posts on the KEYone.

I do not know if it is related but I have just updated to the latest beta of BlackBerry suite.

Tried already the 32second reset to no avail..

Any idea if this is software or hardware related and how to solve it?
    Try changing security lock been to security lock password and see if you got the same problem. Fingerprints of password protected.
    10-13-18 06:14 AM
    Try changing security lock been to security lock password and see if you got the same problem. Fingerprints of password protected.
    Thanks for the suggestion but the option for fingerprint is still not there..
    Attached Thumbnails Fingerprint settings not showing up-127644.jpg  
    10-13-18 06:23 AM
    Then you have a fault with a fingerprint sensor if it does and the guarantee take it back to the shop you bought it from. Then contact the supplier for guarantee repair. If it is insured other much better.
    10-13-18 06:35 AM
    Then you have a fault with a fingerprint sensor if it does and the guarantee take it back to the shop you bought it from. Then contact the supplier for guarantee repair. If it is insured other much better.
    I am trying to rule out the faulty hardware. It is highly unlikely that the sensors stops working without any warning. Most likely it is software related..
    Last edited by DavideaNY; 10-13-18 at 08:23 AM.
    10-13-18 07:06 AM
    I presume that you have tried the 32 seconds off to reset to pay out the trash.

Hold the power button down for approximately 32 seconds or 3 reboots.

That should clear out the trash that maybe blocking it
    10-13-18 07:26 AM
    Perhaps you've installed or configured Work profile. They may hide the fingerprint setting and disable the ability.

If that's the case, you can try to create another user profile and see whether that has the fingerprint setting. It shouldn't take long and then you can delete the profile.

And as described above, hard reset may also help and may be give Clearing Cache partition wiping ago when you restart.
    10-13-18 01:04 PM
    Well.. this is extremely weird.. just as it stopped working the fingerprint sensor is functioning again without any modification or changes whatsoever from my part.. and of course the options are back in the setting menu..
    Really really strange. I will be checking in the next hours to see if it is not hardware related
    10-14-18 05:58 AM