Hello ive got my key2, but the fingerprint Sensor works really bad. My keyone works damn good, any Suggestions?
    cavlino likes this.
    01-11-19 02:20 PM
    Delete your registered prints and try again? No issues with mine.
    01-11-19 02:30 PM
    Delete your registered prints and try again?
    ^This^ Mine works perfectly fine... 👍

Bob
    01-11-19 02:42 PM
    I even registered both thumbs at the same time and the sensor works just fine.
    01-11-19 02:58 PM
    I have register 2 thumps and have no issue with it.
    I am using the phone since last August.
    01-11-19 04:19 PM
    Definitely not as good as K1. I have noticed that when unlocking the locker or apps that support finger prints, it works almost flawlessly. Issues for me is when unlocking phone. Sounds like software to me!
    RK_BB likes this.
    01-11-19 04:22 PM
    Definitely not as good as K1. I have noticed that when unlocking the locker or apps that support finger prints, it works almost flawlessly. Issues for me is when unlocking phone. Sounds like software to me!
    I thought I noticed this as well. Never had issues with locker but opening phone takes a couple tries at times.
    01-11-19 04:30 PM
    I thought I noticed this as well. Never had issues with locker but opening phone takes a couple tries at times.
    Same here: phone unlocking sometimes takes a couple of tries.
    DWonder and RK_BB like this.
    01-11-19 04:42 PM
    Zero issues for me. K1 would lock itself and then fingerprint wouldn't unlock the phone, but K2 zero issues. I agree with the suggestion of deleting fingerprints and scan again
    01-11-19 06:47 PM
    Hello ive got my key2, but the fingerprint Sensor works really bad. My keyone works damn good, any Suggestions?
    I had a problem when I got mine..but I sold it after a week..that plus the cheap sounding clicky space bar made get a key 2 Le instead and I couldn't be happier
    the_boon likes this.
    01-11-19 07:21 PM
    Zero issues for me. K1 would lock itself and then fingerprint wouldn't unlock the phone, but K2 zero issues. I agree with the suggestion of deleting fingerprints and scan again
    We've tried, won't work! Please read the whole thread and you will understand!
    01-11-19 08:42 PM
    I would suggest not using fingerprint sensors... They're a password you can't change! Your screen gets covered with fingerprints, too. Also, someone can knock you out and stick your finger on the sensor. Seems like an accident waiting to happen.
    cyberdoggie and RK_BB like this.
    01-11-19 09:27 PM
    I have been using both phones and can echo that the fingerprint sensor on the space bar works “better” on the KeyOne. Sometimes it takes a little more precision or it takes longer for the Key2 to recognize your finger. And the looser space bar on the Key2 may also not help in this respect but I do not know if there is any relation here.
    01-12-19 02:00 AM
    And the looser space bar on the Key2 may also not help in this respect but I do not know if there is any relation here.
    Not sure if looser means worse scanner, but it's just annoying as hell for whoever has that.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    01-12-19 07:11 PM
    I have registered multiple times and it still doesn't work very well
    01-14-19 09:03 AM
    Agreed.
    01-14-19 11:34 AM
    I have the same issue with my key2LE
    Sensor works within apps or locker, but for unlocking the phone it is really bad, I ha ve to type my password

Key1 was perfect

I will try to delete thumbs and re-register, but have already done this.

Almost like when it is asleep it isn't sensing it properly
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    01-31-19 08:13 PM
    I have the same issue with my key2LE
    Sensor works within apps or locker, but for unlocking the phone it is really bad, I ha ve to type my password

Key1 was perfect

I will try to delete thumbs and re-register, but have already done this.

Almost like when it is asleep it isn't sensing it properly
    Please report back as we have also tried that on our K2's. Cheers,
    01-31-19 08:15 PM
    now I am trying it and it's working much better.

no idea why.
    not very consistent.

also, when I lock my screen with a shortcut 'L' for instance, it won't unlock it
    but it says 'locked by administrator' so perhaps a password is the only way to enter the phone at that point?
    01-31-19 08:23 PM
    now I am trying it and it's working much better.

no idea why.
    not very consistent.

also, when I lock my screen with a shortcut 'L' for instance, it won't unlock it
    but it says 'locked by administrator' so perhaps a password is the only way to enter the phone at that point?
    Yes, unfortunately those were our results too. It is inconsistent for unlocking the phone, but very consistent in unlocking apps. Must be a software fix in our future. May take opening a few claims tickets with BBMo though.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    01-31-19 08:37 PM
    I am finding that if it is locked by the shortcut, system lock, the fingerprint won't work, because android locks it.

but if I hit the power key to lock it, the finger print works good
    02-01-19 05:55 AM
    Yes, unfortunately those were our results too. It is inconsistent for unlocking the phone, but very consistent in unlocking apps. Must be a software fix in our future. May take opening a few claims tickets with BBMo though.
    Another issue that must be quite known to them by now. Just like the camera software issue. But the fingerprint sensor issue is even more “essential” obviously. Is someone at TCL/BBMo even paying attention to this at all? Judging by the different software updates since the release of the phone, I am afraid not. Time to wake up for them. I am struggling with this almost every day and getting quite pi**ed about it.
    02-03-19 02:04 AM
    Earlier K2 models seem to be the ones affected by the wobbly spacebar / bad sensor issue. seemingly no recent builds (November/December and later) have this defect. TCL probably addressed it already. Not sure though if that makes you eligible for a replacement.
    anon(10573286) and the_boon like this.
    02-03-19 02:52 AM
    Depends on the build date. When I bought my Key 2 in the summer it was atrocious. This December 2018 built is as flawless as my previous keyone
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    02-03-19 02:54 AM
    Finger print scanner on my right thumb is working flawlessly but finger print scanner on my left thumb never works though I tried registering many times. Any help?
    02-03-19 04:16 AM
26 12