I have had my key2 for while now and never had and issue then all of a sudden the fingerprint sensor just stopped working? And if it helps I'm on att
    05-10-19 06:06 AM
    my sensor has been acting up lately too. keeps telling me to clean the sensor even after cleaning it.
    05-10-19 07:50 AM
    my space bar functions fine but the fingerprint sensor won't recognize for anything it's like the phone doesn't have that feature?
    05-10-19 08:38 AM
    Maybe it's simply broken. You can try to reset the whole fingerprint IDs or even wipe your phone completely, however these things won't help if there is a hardware problem.
    05-10-19 12:48 PM
    The Key² fingerprint sensor has always been poor in my experience. Part of the problem for me seems to be that my fingerprint changes subtly as I work outdoors which damages my skin and the recognition no longer works.

It really is odd as I never had any issues with the KeyOne which seemingly has the same sensor.

I can't use mine anymore, and instead use smart unlock with bluetooth proximity to my smartwatch. To lock the phone so it requires a pin I long press the home button.
    05-11-19 01:49 AM
    I scanner works perfectly.. I have heard if it messed up you can erase the prints and redo them and that will fix it. Hope it works for you.
    05-11-19 01:33 PM
    I do use face unlock alot though, but when I use the scanner it works great.
    05-11-19 01:34 PM
    I do use face unlock alot though, but when I use the scanner it works great.
    face unlock works???
    05-11-19 06:15 PM
    Yes, it works great.
    face unlock works???
    05-11-19 07:00 PM
    05-11-19 07:01 PM
    I cant seem to make it to work on mine. I set my sleep to 15secs, screen saver off, lock in 5 seconds.

I leave the phone for 30secs making sure that its lock already, pick up the phone and point the front camera towards my face at different distance and still the phone didnt respond.

is it suppose to switch on by itself?

PS: I already follow all the steps and even tested using the same lighting and phone distance when I "improve" my face detection.
    05-12-19 05:17 PM
    Once you tap the power button to turn on the screen it should then read your face. You'll see a face icon in the middle at the button. It should read then
    I cant seem to make it to work on mine. I set my sleep to 15secs, screen saver off, lock in 5 seconds.

I leave the phone for 30secs making sure that its lock already, pick up the phone and point the front camera towards my face at different distance and still the phone didnt respond.

is it suppose to switch on by itself?

PS: I already follow all the steps and even tested using the same lighting and phone distance when I "improve" my face detection.
    05-12-19 05:24 PM
    Once you tap the power button to turn on the screen it should then read your face. You'll see a face icon in the middle at the button. It should read then
    ok.. I get it "a bit" .

so from lock state, I have to push the power button, then the face icon comes out until it detected my face, once it did, the icon changes to an unlock icon, and I still have to swipe up. I dont get it still need to push power button, and then also need to swipe up? the former maybe to save battery but the latter....
    05-12-19 05:42 PM
    Pretty much lol. Once you get use to it you'll like it.
    ok.. I get it "a bit" .

so from lock state, I have to push the power button, then the face icon comes out until it detected my face, once it did, the icon changes to an unlock icon, and I still have to swipe up. I dont get it still need to push power button, and then also need to swipe up? the former maybe to save battery but the latter....
    05-12-19 06:14 PM
    tnx
    05-12-19 06:17 PM
    Pretty much lol. Once you get use to it you'll like it.
    I'm having a hate with my finger print reader as well. Not sure I want face recognition either but was curious if it worked if you hold up a picture. I heard some fail that.
    If I was not so lazy I might test myself.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    05-14-19 08:12 AM
    its a pretty cool feature from android but I dont like the way its been implemented. I dont know if other android phone brands do it the way, but I dont like the 3 seconds window it scans for my face, and the need to swipe up. I have to look at the small icon it the face icon changes to unlock or fingerprint icon to know if the face scan was successful or not. if only android would skip the need to do swipe up, then I would know that it was successful if Im presented my desktop immediately after face scan
    05-14-19 08:40 AM
    my k1 finger print sensor is not working
    05-14-19 01:31 PM
    The Key² fingerprint sensor has always been poor in my experience. Part of the problem for me seems to be that my fingerprint changes subtly as I work outdoors which damages my skin and the recognition no longer works.

It really is odd as I never had any issues with the KeyOne which seemingly has the same sensor.

I can't use mine anymore, and instead use smart unlock with bluetooth proximity to my smartwatch. To lock the phone so it requires a pin I long press the home button.
    It's not a problem specific to blackberry, if you do a google search it's actually most android devices. Maybe a software problem...

or maybe turning off some google permission caused it. Cause we all know how google loves to store our data....and fingerprints!
    05-15-19 12:09 AM
    mine is now playing up...what happened? the phone vibrates but it's not being recognised. I had no problems with k1 sensor so this is a bit annoying....
    05-21-19 08:35 AM
    I returned my K2 twice because of that, no change after sensor and device replacement. Pls note sensor in K2 has different design versus K1 as I was told by BlackBerry support.
    05-26-19 06:39 PM
    Under the spacebar there is small flat ribbon cable that transfer your fingerprint data from the sensor to the board. And the cable is moving along if you press your space bar, maybe that ribbon i got ripped off or some damage. I think it's design flaw.
    Hphv likes this.
    05-26-19 07:03 PM
    I deleted and re-added my fingerprint and it's made a massive improvement
    05-27-19 12:03 PM
    I deleted and re-added my fingerprint and it's made a massive improvement
    For me it helps for few days only. Hope to be better for you. Pls share after a week or two.
    05-28-19 06:49 PM
    I've also seen instructions that involve the more frequent washing of hands... to rid fingertips of the "daily buildup" of whatever.
    05-28-19 06:53 PM
40 12