Hi all,

Recently, my Key2's fingerprint sensor has stopped working. A reboot of the phone will restore its functionality, but inevitably and randomly, it will stop working again sometime during the day.

If I unlock the phone using my PIN, and go to settings and try to add a new fingerprint, nothing nothing is detected so I know that the sensor is not working properly.

Has anyone else experienced this? I can't tell if it's a hardware or software problem.

Thanks,

B.
    02-25-19 10:48 AM
    Hi all,

Recently, my Key2's fingerprint sensor has stopped working. A reboot of the phone will restore its functionality, but inevitably and randomly, it will stop working again sometime during the day.

If I unlock the phone using my PIN, and go to settings and try to add a new fingerprint, nothing nothing is detected so I know that the sensor is not working properly.

Has anyone else experienced this? I can't tell if it's a hardware or software problem.

Thanks,

B.
    Haven't experienced any problems so far with the sensor.

Did this behavior start shortly after installing an update?
    02-25-19 12:23 PM
    Last update was in mid-January.

My Key2 was a relatively early build - May or June of last year. The fingerprint sensor was always a bit dodgy (especially compared to my KeyOne) but now it's not working at all unless I do a reset.
    02-25-19 12:53 PM
    Hi all,

Thanks,

B.
    Did you give this a try? Should tell if the hardware is actually not working.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13341744
    02-25-19 07:11 PM
    Did you give this a try? Should tell if the hardware is actually not working.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13341744
    Thanks for that! When my fingerprint sensor works, I get scores in the 60 range. When it doesn't work, I get no response at all.

Just got the OTA February patch/update. Will see if there's any change to the situation.
    02-26-19 01:45 PM
    Is the spacebar working correctly at least?
    02-26-19 04:18 PM
    Thanks for that! When my fingerprint sensor works, I get scores in the 60 range. When it doesn't work, I get no response at all.

Just got the OTA February patch/update. Will see if there's any change to the situation.
    Ask for a replacement. Earlier models have issues with sensor/spacebar
    02-27-19 01:12 AM