I was having problems setting and using the fingerprint scanner on my new Key2. I contacted Blackberry Technical Support and a helpful guy phoned me back and took me through a diagnostic test on the phone. He concluded that it was a hardware issue wit the scanner. I returned the phone and got a replacement. The fingerprint scanner works a bit better on the new one: I have had little difficulty registering the prints this time, but it still fails to recognise the prints most of the time when I try to unlock the phone using my finger (thumb) prints. Blackberry clearly need to look at this as there is obviously a general problem here with what is otherwise a brilliant phone.
    03-24-19 07:57 PM
    I was having problems setting and using the fingerprint scanner on my new Key2. I contacted Blackberry Technical Support and a helpful guy phoned me back and took me through a diagnostic test on the phone. He concluded that it was a hardware issue wit the scanner. I returned the phone and got a replacement. The fingerprint scanner works a bit better on the new one: I have had little difficulty registering the prints this time, but it still fails to recognise the prints most of the time when I try to unlock the phone using my finger (thumb) prints. Blackberry clearly need to look at this as there is obviously a general problem here with what is otherwise a brilliant phone.
    Did you try setting up the same thumb twice for (hopefully) better reliability?
    03-24-19 11:38 PM
27 12