Lots of people talking about the scanner. The problem is the software, in the old they used to ask you to rotate your thumb/finger, this time it doesn't ask you to do that but if you do it unprompted you get the same lightning response as the KeyOne fingerprint scanner
    anon(2695703) likes this.
    06-30-18 01:16 PM
    good point
    06-30-18 01:21 PM
    People should have the common sense to rotate their finger when setting up any fingerprint scanner on any phone. I mean, obviously their thumb is not gonna fall exactly in the same position every time.
    Either way, a quick software update should resolve the issue
    06-30-18 09:15 PM
    I didn't notice that actually, I always try to rotate my thumb multiple times and especially I am trying "odd" positions which I normaly use when picking up or holding the phone. However the scanner still seems to be not as good as the K1, which virtually always worked fast and very reliable. Here on the K2 there seems to be a very slight lag and the reliability is not always 100% - however I will also try again to recalibrate the scanner.
    07-01-18 12:39 AM
    I didn't notice that actually, I always try to rotate my thumb multiple times and especially I am trying "odd" positions which I normaly use when picking up or holding the phone. However the scanner still seems to be not as good as the K1, which virtually always worked fast and very reliable. Here on the K2 there seems to be a very slight lag and the reliability is not always 100% - however I will also try again to recalibrate the scanner.
    Full acc. The fingerprint reader is not as good as the one in the K1. I have tried everything, re-learnd the fingers a couple of times. But it keeps a hit or miss
    Aneres11 likes this.
    07-01-18 01:36 AM
    There should be NO difference in rotation of finger when registering finger prints.

It registers the print whether you hold the phone normal, sideways or upside down. So long a you get every part of your finger to achieve a record of the entire print.
    07-01-18 11:22 AM
    How long could it take the first time, at installation, when first time the finger be scanned, that you then can use it! It don't work, I do maybe something wrong! After minutes I stop! What I do wrong? Please help!
    07-01-18 11:39 AM
    There should be NO difference in rotation of finger when registering finger prints.

It registers the print whether you hold the phone normal, sideways or upside down. So long a you get every part of your finger to achieve a record of the entire print.
    That's the thing. Some people lift their finger and place it again at the same exact angle when setting up, which obviously will make for less reliable unlocking
    07-01-18 11:53 AM
    I haven't seen this asked anywhere but does Key2 sensor have the LED's like KEYᵒⁿᵉ does?
    07-01-18 10:07 PM
    07-02-18 02:45 AM
    yesterday moved from keyONE to Key2 and now having problems with finger print sensor.
    only recognizes 1 of 5 times or so.
    have rotatet the thumb, tried different fingers.
    on keyONE it was always fast and reliable
    07-04-18 10:17 AM
    Since I've received my phone. I have one instance where the scanner will just error out with no reads constantly. I shutdown and rebooted and it was fine afterwards. But I do have a lot of hit and miss instances. Which I would expect every now and then.
    07-21-18 10:14 PM
    Since I've received my phone. I have one instance where the scanner will just error out with no reads constantly. I shutdown and rebooted and it was fine afterwards. But I do have a lot of hit and miss instances. Which I would expect every now and then.
    yeah, I'm Finding the same thing, I find the scanner not to be as reliable as I'd hoped, it stopped working for me too once and I had to reboot to fix it. But to be fair, the same thing happened on my Pixel 2 as well sometimes. I guess with new phones we notice these things more
    07-21-18 11:49 PM
    I found the fingerprint scanner on my silver Key2 to be nearly perfect. It might not recognize me maybe once ever 100 or so scan - absolutely phenomenal compared to what I'm used to with my laptop which has a failure rate of maybe 1/4.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-18 11:59 PM
    Likewise. Probably fails 1/5 times right now - twice has just stopped working altogether. Worst sensor ive used so far on a phone - first gen iphone scanner was superior.

Have put my finger in 5 times though which seems to have helped.
    07-22-18 12:05 AM
    Agree with what I've read here. K1 sensor had no issue whatsoever. Not a huge deal and it might get a fix soon.
    07-22-18 07:07 AM
    No problems with my Key² scanner. Maybe its because of the way I first imprint my thumb prints. It works as well as my KEYᵒⁿᵉ did.
    07-22-18 07:21 AM
    No problems with my K2 scanner either.

Try re-adding your finger, and make sure a few of the times, you're holding the phone like you would really hold it when unlocking (for example if you're holding it in your right hand and also using your right thumb to unlock, you're going to come at the FP reader totally from the side)

If you've tried re-adding your finger and still getting lots of misses, then it sounds like an issue and you should consider swapping your unit.
    07-22-18 08:27 AM
    Finding it needs a couple of attempts too. Hopefully it's software. Seems to occur when the device hasn't been used for a while.
    07-22-18 10:58 AM
    Mine is working on the first time, every time
    Smokeaire likes this.
    07-22-18 10:43 PM
    Mine is not working fine, like the KeyOne did. It fails most of the time. My guess is that it's hardware failure since it seems to work for others. It worked perfectly during the first week, then it started to fail 3 out of 5 times, now it fails all the time. And what's even more weird is that if you try to add the same finger again, the phone won't let you because it has already registered it. I've contacted support, and hopefully they will replace it, or let me know what the issue is. I'll post again with the answer.
    08-09-18 02:38 PM
    Has anyone tried this? I have it setup like this on my Key2:

Essentially setup 2-3 "different" fingerprints for the same finger. i.e on the first one only use the bottom half of the finger that you are setting up, then on the 2nd one the other half of the same finger. You can also extend that to setting up 3 for the same finger.

Might be a little inefficient but I only use 1 or 2 fingers total to unlock it and I find that it works a lot more often this way.
    08-09-18 02:45 PM
    Has anyone tried this? I have it setup like this on my Key2:

Essentially setup 2-3 "different" fingerprints for the same finger. i.e on the first one only use the bottom half of the finger that you are setting up, then on the 2nd one the other half of the same finger. You can also extend that to setting up 3 for the same finger.

Might be a little inefficient but I only use 1 or 2 fingers total to unlock it and I find that it works a lot more often this way.
    I posted this awhile back: https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t
    Setting up both thumbs on a single setup. I did this on both of my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Key².
    08-09-18 04:13 PM
    What I've noticed also is that if I use the tip of my thumb, it works all the time. If I use the widest part of the finger, it does not always work. I closed my support ticket since they were going on the 'have you install a third party application' route which to me does not make sense.
    So my next experiment will be to setup both thumbs on single setup as suggested, and see if that works.
    08-10-18 04:18 PM
    What I've noticed also is that if I use the tip of my thumb, it works all the time. If I use the widest part of the finger, it does not always work. I closed my support ticket since they were going on the 'have you install a third party application' route which to me does not make sense.
    So my next experiment will be to setup both thumbs on single setup as suggested, and see if that works.
    I scanned my thumbs parallel with the space bar, not vertically.
    08-12-18 01:19 PM
27 12