I recently redid the fingerprint login because it was having trouble recognizing my thumb. Any tips or suggestions or answers for why it only works sometimes?
    01-19-19 01:26 PM
    Mostly because it's a bag of crap. Trying to register the same digit twice helps apparently.
    01-19-19 02:24 PM
    You can try too delete the fingerprint and reinstall it. You can also just re-register the same finger twice to see if the helps.
    01-19-19 02:30 PM
    I've tried re-registering mine loads of times on my Key2 and didn't see a massive improvement - it used to vibrate/feedback but wouldn't unlock/screen display - unfortunately I think it is an issue with the Key2 itself as others have this issue too not an issue at all on LE, FYI
    01-19-19 04:26 PM
    I had the same issue in the beginning when I bought black key2,, the sensor failed to read my fingerprint. Never had the same issue in any of my keyone. Whenever the issue arised I deleted the old fingerprint and registered it again with the same thumb and it's been working flawless from sometime now. It could've been a software issue which went away after sometime or after updating the software version.
    01-20-19 12:52 AM
    Yes the sensor isn't too great. I use a password as a backup if plays up.
    01-20-19 10:23 AM
    Maybe sensor is really good and that is why it's fussy. I know I had to do it 3 times as I found I was not putting it on same all the time. Once I got a consistent way I placed my thumb and set it up I have had no issues.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    01-20-19 12:48 PM
    I just upgraded from a KeyOne. The fingerprint reader on the Key2 is TOTAL CARP. It is driving me crazy, a little. I did register my thumb twice, but you have to be selective about how you do it. If at any point the software realizes you are registering the same finger it will stop and cancel the process. Which means you can't really have any overlap between the two sections of finger you register and thus will always have some read misses. It is enough that I would go back to my KeyOne if the cellular signal weren't virtually unusable on my KeyOne.
    01-21-19 03:51 PM