Hello

How do I transfer some videos on my desktop to my key 2?

In settings I can't find any option to allow permission from unknown sorce
    11-24-18 02:21 AM
    you have to have it hooked to computer then turn on the settings in storage I believe. bit different then bb10.
    11-24-18 06:31 AM
    Hello

How do I transfer some videos on my desktop to my key 2?

In settings I can't find any option to allow permission from unknown sorce
    On a Mac, it is simple via the program “Android File Transfer”. It will open automatically when it detects that your Android phone is connected via USB cable to the Mac. Select charge and transfer on your phone, then file transfer, and you are set. Just a matter of dragging and dropping files both ways.
    11-24-18 06:40 AM
    Are you trying to transfer files with the Phone app or by USB?
    11-24-18 10:19 AM
    I have downloaded a TV series. It's on a USB key. I have copied from the USB stick to my computer desktop. Now I'm trying transfer it from my desktop to my key2. Windows not Mac
    11-24-18 12:04 PM
    You should be able to do it with a USB cable. A couple of things to do are;
    -Your Key 2 needs to be unlocked, ie open it with your fingerprint scanner or use your password.
    -When you plug your Key 2 into your computer, a green highlighted menu pops up on the bottom of your Key 2s' screen with the choices of transfer files, regular charge or quick charge, choose transfer files. Now your Key 2 (and it's SD card) should appear on the file tree on your Windows computer. Choose where you want too transfer stuff and transfer away!
    11-24-18 10:15 PM
    Thank you. none of the above is happening. I'm confused. Had a look in the settings and there's no option to allow permission for unknown source either.
    11-25-18 02:50 AM
    Hi there,
    1. enable developer options via repeatedly pressing on settings>system>About phone>Build number
    2. go to settings>system>developer options
    3. select Select USB Configuration
    4. select MTP
    Should now be able to proceed ...
    11-25-18 03:40 AM
    Thank you. I will try it later.
    11-26-18 08:12 AM
    To enable "Developer Options" you will have to press the "Developer Options" menu option 4 times (Each time you press it will say you are "X" steps away from being a Developer.
    11-26-18 03:21 PM
    To enable "Developer Options" you will have to press the "Build Number" menu option 8 times (Each time you press it will say you are "X" steps away from being a Developer.
    Fixed
    11-26-18 04:33 PM
    Fixed
    That solved most of the problem but I could not get to the page to pick MTP as an option. By accident, the Blackberry Key2 when I activated DTEK told me I was in Developer Mode and should exit that and not make changes. However it was there that I found the MTP option, so if you do not have that option just open your DTEK to make the selection. Now I have to determine if the change makes the connection possible.
    11-12-19 01:49 PM
    That did not work.

Next I went to the garage and brought in my SONY Windows 7 laptop.

Fired it up with the Blackberry KEY2 on the USB, as I did for my PRIV, and it works perfect.

So to me that means that WINDOWS 10 worked fine with a BLACKBERRY PRIV but not with a BLACKBERRY KEY2.

There may be a DEVICE MANAGER on WINDOWS 10 for the KEY2 but I was not able to find it .... has anyone?

file transfer from desktop to Key 2-blackberry_key2.jpg
    11-12-19 02:55 PM
    Got it to work on Windows 10. It was showing as an MDI device. That had been there PRIOR to following the steps to set it up as MTP in the developer options.

The final solution was the use the computer DEVICE MANAGER to remove the previous device and then plug the KEY2 back into the computer again. It reconnected and now both the "Internal shared storage" and the "Lexar SD Card" both appear.

It probably worked on my Windows 7 because I had already added the developer options tasks prior to connecting to that computer.
    11-13-19 08:23 AM
    My Key 2 is recognised as MTP device and can see folders but any effort to copy or move files off the phone is useless as it returns "unspecified error". Any idea how to work around this? Thanks for your feedback.
    10-07-20 12:22 PM
    My Key 2 is recognised as MTP device and can see folders but any effort to copy or move files off the phone is useless as it returns "unspecified error". Any idea how to work around this? Thanks for your feedback.
    Try restarting both your computer and handset.
    10-07-20 06:25 PM
    wouldn't it be easier to just upload your files to the cloud then use file explorer on the key2 to move them to the phone?
    10-07-20 08:54 PM