I recently switched cell service from Virgin Mobile (Bell) to Fido (Rogers) on my BlackBerry Key 2 (bbf-100-2) - and the signal is terrible! I went from full bars LTE to 2 bars LTE and down to 4G, dropped calls, and lots of voice mails!

Anyone else in the GTA/Toronto area experiencing sh!tty service from fido/rogers on their key2?

Is this key2 not designed to work properly on these networks?
    10-13-20 10:34 PM
    is your signal poor even when you're close to a fido/rogers cell tower?
    10-13-20 11:23 PM
    I recently switched cell service from Virgin Mobile (Bell) to Fido (Rogers) on my BlackBerry Key 2 (bbf-100-2) - and the signal is terrible! I went from full bars LTE to 2 bars LTE and down to 4G, dropped calls, and lots of voice mails!

Anyone else in the GTA/Toronto area experiencing sh!tty service from fido/rogers on their key2?

Is this key2 not designed to work properly on these networks?
    I’m down in Florida but I experienced similar type problem with a KEYone BE recently. I use AT&T for my primary carrier for XR and V30 but T-Mobile as backup for KEYone and Motion devices.

After moving recently, my KEYone BE has awful service on T-Mobile since it’s missing band 66 and Motion is fine since it has band 66 which didn’t matter three miles down the road where T-Mobile uses band 4 instead.

With AT&T SIM, I have no problems with any device in our new place. It sounds like your new carrier might be using different priority bands. Not every carrier is optimized for smaller OEM hardware the same way. It’s also possible your new carrier isn’t properly supporting VoLTE so contact them either way.
    10-13-20 11:53 PM