Hi All,

Note 8 user, loving the keytwo, looking for a real review, although I know I may be barking up the wrong tree.

With Verizon so I am really thinking hard about jumping ship to get the keytwo; however, I have some reservations.

First, my last backberry was a bold 9000. Thinking back to those days, I really thought nothing could get better than that device simply because it was a communication device at it's purest. Typing was awesome and the feel was premium.

Fast forward, after owning a lot of touch devices, I have never considered a blackberry since the introduction of the PRIV and KeyOne. I never committed due to the amount of bad reviews plaguing both phones.

Once again, face with the same problem, I was hoping KeyTwo would've received acclaim feedback, but seeing reviews have been less than stellar has made me contemplate this decision.

So back to my original question, other than for business, what do you find enjoyable with your keytwo. What was your main reason other than the keyboard. Are you finding the experience getting better as you use it as you continue to load a bunch of programs or are you seeing it becoming less responsive.

Im in no way bashing the phone, I've gotten use to using touch keyboard specifically Gboard, but I really love the style and elegence of the black keytwo. I am willing to compromise on camera and a bit of performance to get a phone that last long and can provide me ease of typing.

So should I get it or should I wait for the next lineup of device like the iPhone 11, Note 9, or LG V40.
    07-16-18 02:44 PM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Get one and try it out for two weeks, then keep or return

Posted via CB10
    07-16-18 03:24 PM
    Test it out if you have the opportunity, but if I did it again, I would probably buy the Keyone Bronze edition dual sim for 100$ less than a single sim Key2.

Only thing you lose is the speed key and processor. If you aren't someone who feels the need to run social media apps 24/7 in the background, you'll find the 625 3gb of ram has no issues, let alone with 4 gb on the bronze/black edition.

I'm kinda expecting the speed key functionality and new locker app to appear in the oreo update for the Key1, but who knows. I really love the new locker app on the Key2

The camera on the Key1 is better overall, especially in low light. However in bright outdoor scenarios, the Key2 zoom function is great and produces very crisp long range shots.

Personally, I think the Key1 keyboard is higher quality, with a better backlight, no light leakage, and a better finger print sensor and space bar.

As for audio, the key2 seems louder, but in a number of applications, the audio cracks and screeches, especially when played/stopped.

When it comes to appearance, the Key2 looks amazing. Just like the passport se.

To me, the Key2 is a world of unnecessary compromise compared to the Key1. With the key2, you get a better looking phone with faster performance, but with lower quality camera, audio and keyboard, all for 100+$ more.

I think you'll enjoy the physical keyboard (Keyone or Key2) if you take the time to learn all the features. Things like windows style ctrl-c/v/y/z and a for select-all are extremely efficient. The ability to move the text cursor around and select text all on the physical keyboard is amazing. With practice, you'll be able to type without looking at the keyboard, and should be able to hit speeds of 45-60wpm with almost 100% accuracy.

Just my 2 cents, hopefully you get a chance to try it out because it really does have some good things going for it. Maybe things like audio and camera can be solved with software.
    mike104393 likes this.
    07-16-18 04:47 PM
    Test it out if you have the opportunity, but if I did it again, I would probably buy the Keyone Bronze edition dual sim for 100$ less than a single sim Key2.

Only thing you lose is the speed key and processor. If you aren't someone who feels the need to run social media apps 24/7 in the background, you'll find the 625 3gb of ram has no issues, let alone with 4 gb on the bronze/black edition.

I'm kinda expecting the speed key functionality and new locker app to appear in the oreo update for the Key1, but who knows. I really love the new locker app on the Key2

The camera on the Key1 is better overall, especially in low light. However in bright outdoor scenarios, the Key2 zoom function is great and produces very crisp long range shots.

Personally, I think the Key1 keyboard is higher quality, with a better backlight, no light leakage, and a better finger print sensor and space bar.

As for audio, the key2 seems louder, but in a number of applications, the audio cracks and screeches, especially when played/stopped.

When it comes to appearance, the Key2 looks amazing. Just like the passport se.

To me, the Key2 is a world of unnecessary compromise compared to the Key1. With the key2, you get a better looking phone with faster performance, but with lower quality camera, audio and keyboard, all for 100+$ more.

I think you'll enjoy the physical keyboard (Keyone or Key2) if you take the time to learn all the features. Things like windows style ctrl-c/v/y/z and a for select-all are extremely efficient. The ability to move the text cursor around and select text all on the physical keyboard is amazing. With practice, you'll be able to type without looking at the keyboard, and should be able to hit speeds of 45-60wpm with almost 100% accuracy.

Just my 2 cents, hopefully you get a chance to try it out because it really does have some good things going for it. Maybe things like audio and camera can be solved with software.
    Great advice. I'll probably consider getting the KeyOne black edition. Opening a new line with T-Mobile or ATT is the only reason why I don't want to try before I buy. Having to return it and reactivate my line and keep my number is something I don't want to go through if I end up not keeping it. But the KeyOne does sound like something I should consider. Thanks!
    07-16-18 06:22 PM
    Great advice. I'll probably consider getting the KeyOne black edition. Opening a new line with T-Mobile or ATT is the only reason why I don't want to try before I buy. Having to return it and reactivate my line and keep my number is something I don't want to go through if I end up not keeping it. But the KeyOne does sound like something I should consider. Thanks!
    There are many ways the Note can outperform the Key2 of course but alas, a (near) perfect (and very expensive) slab has no soul.

There's no place like home..
    the_boon likes this.
    07-16-18 06:50 PM
    So i am close to your situation... I had the S9+ (and LG V20) and I got the KEY2.

i have none of the regular complaints, i think the camera is fine, my build quality is excellent, i REALLY like the BlackBerry implementation of Android.

My last BB was the BlackBerry Style, but i only had that briefly, the Bold 9000 was my real love.

i got the KEY2 on Friday the 13th, call quality is excellent, wireless calling and VoLTE works on T-Mobile, speeds are consistent from my tests.

it is just shy of perfect... but for me.... it is too small, I thought I would give it a shot, but i generally like bigger phones, hence the S9+ and V20. If you are used to the Note 8, i would think you would have a similar problem.

But as I said, I love big phones, i knew the KEY2 was not a big phone, but i thought I could get used to it, but 3 days in, and I'm already back to my S9+ for work. I will still give the KEY2 another shot, but I just wish it was bigger
    07-16-18 07:43 PM
    So i am close to your situation... I had the S9+ (and LG V20) and I got the KEY2.

i have none of the regular complaints, i think the camera is fine, my build quality is excellent, i REALLY like the BlackBerry implementation of Android.

My last BB was the BlackBerry Style, but i only had that briefly, the Bold 9000 was my real love.

i got the KEY2 on Friday the 13th, call quality is excellent, wireless calling and VoLTE works on T-Mobile, speeds are consistent from my tests.

it is just shy of perfect... but for me.... it is too small, I thought I would give it a shot, but i generally like bigger phones, hence the S9+ and V20. If you are used to the Note 8, i would think you would have a similar problem.

But as I said, I love big phones, i knew the KEY2 was not a big phone, but i thought I could get used to it, but 3 days in, and I'm already back to my S9+ for work. I will still give the KEY2 another shot, but I just wish it was bigger
    Good point. Didn't even really think to much about the size. I figured I would get use to it. I find the note 8 too big at times. Did you end up returning the keytwo
    07-16-18 08:00 PM
    Good point. Didn't even really think to much about the size. I figured I would get use to it. I find the note 8 too big at times. Did you end up returning the keytwo
    See, I never had that problem, I love big size phone, like the old Note 4 was one of favorites

I had the Note 8, but I didn't like the fingerprint location, it is much better on the S9+

I noticed no performance issues at all with my KEY2, I still have it. I am out of town on business , I brought my S9+ as a backup, just in case.

But as I was on the plane holding both phones, I just missed the size of the S9+.

I have 14 days to return my KEY2, I will decide this weekend if I am going to keep it
    07-16-18 08:07 PM