Was at work today and a Supe seen my phone and commented how he wish the company would go back to BlackBerry keyboard phones. Asked how I liked it, he knew it was android (surprised) I told him I really liked it and showed him how the keyboard worked swiping and doing emails. He was quite impressed. I told him for what we do these phones are second to none. Not sure he will try to get one or not but I think BlackBerry mobile should have showed off a bit more. I cant brag best camera but sure can say I have phone that lets me get stuff done in an easy smooth manner.

I'm sure if I had a pixel I could learn to do what I do as well. Still really enjoying the keyboard and its features.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    10-04-19 07:24 PM
    You would not believe the number of times I get stopped on the street and asked about my Blackberry KeyOne and how many people miss theirs and wish they could get one or get a phone with a keyboard etc. Especially the people who see me and are holding an iPhone that has some issue....And yes, all phones are imperfect and have bugs or problems. For years people having a very old Blackberry would compare that to a new iPhone, and think it was lacking.
    And the funny thing is that the videos I shoot with this are in full 1080P and sharp--almost too sharp, too detailed. At my age, I need a filter or two. We always say we want higher pixels on cameras but I don't know if that's such a great idea. Like perfect white light, it's pretty harsh on imperfect humans
    10-05-19 03:20 PM
    10-05-19 05:00 PM
    I hear this all the time - first surprise that BlackBerry devices still exist, then shock at the KEY2's capabilities. Alas, I don't think anyone will be moved to leave Apple or Samsung, but as long as PKB BB devices are available, that's what I'll own.
    10-05-19 09:38 PM
    I hear this all the time - first surprise that BlackBerry devices still exist, then shock at the KEY2's capabilities. Alas, I don't think anyone will be moved to leave Apple or Samsung, but as long as PKB BB devices are available, that's what I'll own.
    Yup, I think maybe a very very small percentage of those people would actually leave their slab for a KEYone/2/LE. Especially if it's an iPhone and they have to leave the iOS ecosystem
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-05-19 11:28 PM
    I am pretty sure a Key2 with a reduced price will help people to find the courage to switch.....
    10-06-19 01:56 AM
    I am pretty sure a Key2 with a reduced price will help people to find the courage to switch.....
    I think people are pretty engrained in their ecosystems and will mostly stay with them. It would be interesting to see, but I doubt enough people would switch for it to matter.
    10-06-19 07:56 AM
    I think people are pretty engrained in their ecosystems and will mostly stay with them. It would be interesting to see, but I doubt enough people would switch for it to matter.
    Right which is why I think it would be easier to convert a Samsung/Pixel user than an iOS one.

That way it would just be a transition from VKB with One UI or stock Android to a PKB with BBAndroid
    10-06-19 08:09 AM
    Right which is why I think it would be easier to convert a Samsung/Pixel user than an iOS one.

That way it would just be a transition from VKB with One UI or stock Android to a PKB with BBAndroid
    That would make it easier, but still to get people on a PKB (why would they want to?) would be difficult in my opinion.

Remember, the vast majority of younger smartphone users have never used a PKB phone. It would be a big shift. I could be wrong but I just don’t see it happening.
    10-06-19 08:14 AM
    That would make it easier, but still to get people on a PKB (why would they want to?) would be difficult in my opinion.

Remember, the vast majority of younger smartphone users have never used a PKB phone. It would be a big shift. I could be wrong but I just don’t see it happening.
    Dont even know if it's all about age/generation.

They just have to see the appeal in it
    10-06-19 11:51 AM
    Dont even know if it's all about age/generation.

They just have to see the appeal in it
    That’s the problem, there is no appeal. I know you wish there was but what sells right now is camera, large screen, etc. No one is going to give that up.

The Surface Duo type device, eventually, will probably be the next thing.
    10-06-19 12:15 PM
    That’s the problem, there is no appeal. I know you wish there was but what sells right now is camera, large screen, etc. No one is going to give that up.

The Surface Duo type device, eventually, will probably be the next thing.
    Yep the Duo definitely has prospects in the future.
    10-07-19 05:55 AM