Feedback to BlackBerry:

It's great that the physical $ key can be configured to act as a Ctrl key. What would be better is if, once the $ key is set to anything other than the currency symbol, that Alt-$ would produce the currency symbol.

Currently, if I have the physical $ key set to Ctrl, I have to use the virtual keyboard to type $.

Ideally, if I have the physical $ key set to Ctrl, then the physical $ key would be interpreted as Ctrl, while the physical Alt-$ would be interpreted as $ (or whatever symbol is configured as the preferred currency symbol).

Thank you.
    RK_BB and JECE like this.
    10-02-18 02:09 PM
    Feedback to BlackBerry:

It's great that the physical $ key can be configured to act as a Ctrl key. What would be better is if, once the $ key is set to anything other than the currency symbol, that Alt-$ would produce the currency symbol.

Currently, if I have the physical $ key set to Ctrl, I have to use the virtual keyboard to type $.

Ideally, if I have the physical $ key set to Ctrl, then the physical $ key would be interpreted as Ctrl, while the physical Alt-$ would be interpreted as $ (or whatever symbol is configured as the preferred currency symbol).

Thank you.
    I think you can use the right shift key instead.
    Keep your $ key.
    Still have SHIFT on the left.
    10-02-18 03:11 PM
    I think you can use the right shift key instead.
    Keep your $ key.
    Still have SHIFT on the left.
    Despite its name, Key2 has only one Shift key.
    bcbbanga4l likes this.
    10-02-18 03:13 PM
    Despite its name, Key2 has only one Shift key.
    Seriously? It must be because of the extra button key allowing you to switch between apps. Sorry, I didn't know that.

You make a very good point!
    10-02-18 03:15 PM
    Feedback to BlackBerry:

Thank you.
    Good suggestion, agree with it.
    10-02-18 03:16 PM
    I autocorrect "pp" to £ so it isn't an issue.
    10-02-18 05:21 PM
    I autocorrect "pp" to £ so it isn't an issue.
    But then you have to hit the back key otherwise you have a space between the currency sign to the amount you are typing.
    10-02-18 05:58 PM
    But then you have to hit the back key otherwise you have a space between the currency sign to the amount you are typing.
    This is true but I find that easier than raising the vkb.
    10-03-18 12:32 AM
    to OP: this is a great idea. I wonder why they haven't implemented something like that, and hope that they'll find a solution. For a so called business phone, it makes no sense to have a currency key and not be able to use it (if you decide to have a dedicated CTRL key also).
    10-03-18 01:09 AM
    to OP: this is a great idea. I wonder why they haven't implemented something like that, and hope that they'll find a solution. For a so called business phone, it makes no sense to have a currency key and not be able to use it (if you decide to have a dedicated CTRL key also).
    Yes! And what is that CTRL key doing on the right side of the keyboard anyway? Next thing you know the Enter will be moved to the left...
    Last edited by RK_BB; 11-03-18 at 11:55 AM.
    10-03-18 01:26 AM
    Those who want to use the currency key, why don't you use the built-in macros with Word Substitution.

For eg, if you want to use $ then just set it to something like "dd" but for the space part add %B, which will remove the preceeding space.

Capital B is important for this

I can easily type $32555 or whatever. It doesn't have extra space.

So you should have something like this
    10-03-18 01:47 AM
    Those who want to use the currency key, why don't you use the built-in macros with Word Substitution.

For eg, if you want to use $ then just set it to something like "dd" but for the space part add %B, which will remove the preceeding space.

Capital B is important for this

I can easily type $32555 or whatever. It doesn't have extra space.

So you should have something like this
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6b61c03761.jpg
    Thanks for the suggestion. It works perfectly.
    10-03-18 05:15 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion. It works perfectly.
    No worries. I'm finding out a lot of knowledge is scattered around here and can be found within old BlackBerry users.

Perhaps we need to create a Wiki
    10-03-18 05:20 AM
    No worries. I'm finding out a lot of knowledge is scattered around here and can be found within old BlackBerry users.

Perhaps we need to create a Wiki
    I have many shortcut words; I just never thought about using it for frequently used symbols.
    Yes, there is a lot that can be learned just by browsing the plethora of topics here on Crackberry.
    10-03-18 05:29 AM
    A sticky thread with tips and tricks Same as in Keyone section would be useful. I trawled that one when setting up and found it very useful.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-03-18 06:16 AM
    This is awesome! Thank you @TheBond

Do you by any chance have a reference to all the available macros?
    10-03-18 11:40 AM
    A sticky thread with tips and tricks Same as in Keyone section would be useful. I trawled that one when setting up and found it very useful.
    I suggested it to a mod! Let's see what they say.
    10-03-18 11:43 AM
    Can Ctrl be used for anything other than undo, redo, paste, cut and copy? I really miss 'find on this page'.

Yes! And what is that CTRL key doing on the right side of the keyboard anyway? Next thing you know the Ether will be moved to the left...
    Because [Z], [X], [C] and [V] are all on the left side of the keyboard and we type with our thumbs, ha ha. And damn, I want an ether key!
    10-03-18 04:56 PM
    This is awesome! Thank you @TheBond

Do you by any chance have a reference to all the available macros?
    I don't have reference since a lot of them didn't make through to BB10 and then some were also missed coming to Android, as BlackBerry thought it's easier to enter them through the swipe down and using SYM (which I agree to some extent).
    However for some languages, it's more than handy.

Look at this discussion which should detail the usage
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...acros-1065553/

I think the notable ones from it are %b and %B, that were included by BlackBerry due to their usage in some of the languages.
    RK_BB likes this.
    10-03-18 06:17 PM
    The %B suggestion is a great workaround.

(Unfortunately, %b does not work in some places. For example, while it works in the Gmail subject line, it does not work in the Gmail body. I believe this suggests a webview issue. Meanwhile, %B works in both places.)

Still, Ctrl-$ would be the best solution. Is somebody from BlackBerry here to take that suggestion? (I tried emailing it in, but the canned response I got doesn't give me confidence that the idea will ever be seen by anybody who can actually consider it.)
    10-04-18 09:19 AM
    Is somebody from BlackBerry here to take that suggestion?
    Maybe @Mark Cullum can shed some light for us
    10-04-18 09:45 AM
    I'm now using the %B workaround too. Works very well. A simple double type of the key d and then the space bar and voila, $.
    10-04-18 12:48 PM
    The %B suggestion is a great workaround.

(Unfortunately, %b does not work in some places. For example, while it works in the Gmail subject line, it does not work in the Gmail body. I believe this suggests a webview issue. Meanwhile, %B works in both places.)

Still, Ctrl-$ would be the best solution. Is somebody from BlackBerry here to take that suggestion? (I tried emailing it in, but the canned response I got doesn't give me confidence that the idea will ever be seen by anybody who can actually consider it.)
    I'll be happy with Alt+$, since my $ key is set to work as Ctrl, it'll be impossible to hit it twice
    10-04-18 07:18 PM
    Is there any way to delete the preceding space too? For example, to add any other currency symbol or to add a degree symbol?
    10-06-18 09:25 AM
    Is there any way to delete the preceding space too? For example, to add any other currency symbol or to add a degree symbol?
    Nevermind, I read the other thread and see that it is %b.
    10-06-18 09:36 AM
36 12