Who wants to argue???? Not why I'm on here.
    07-02-18 08:55 AM
    Either ways, how do they justify extra $150 over last year overpriced model? Is it for 6 GB RAM?
    6GB memory, increased storage, further PKB function and better tactile response, dual lens camera, better overall build quality; all things people have asked for but don't seem willing to pay for.
    07-02-18 09:11 AM
    6GB memory, increased storage, further PKB function and better tactile response, dual lens camera, better overall build quality; all things people have asked for but don't seem willing to pay for.
    It's been year, the tech gets cheaper.
    Look I am as much a diehard as anyone but they're putting a gun on their own self.

They sold 64 GB storage, 4GB RAM last year as well with the same price. I don't see the upgrade costing us $150 to be honest. I will still buy it but it makes you feel they are ripping you off, even when we're the loyal fans.
    07-02-18 09:16 AM
    I don't see why they implemented dual cameras instead of OIS. OIS is so much more useful.
    07-02-18 09:17 AM
    I don't see why they implemented dual cameras instead of OIS. OIS is so much more useful.
    100% Agreed. A single lens with OIS and decent enough quality will get more positive feedback than a poor dual lens setup.
    07-02-18 09:54 AM
    It's been year, the tech gets cheaper.
    Look I am as much a diehard as anyone but they're putting a gun on their own self.

They sold 64 GB storage, 4GB RAM last year as well with the same price. I don't see the upgrade costing us $150 to be honest. I will still buy it but it makes you feel they are ripping you off, even when we're the loyal fans.
    And here's the rub; I am by far not a 'diehard', in fact, I'm not even using a BB device right now and I'm honestly not interested in PKBs anymore, but I do see the value in the KEY2 especially when I look at the pricing of $1,000-$1,500 for higher end devices.

Besides, at this stage of the game the only logical price comparison is the launch pricing, and the 64GB/4GB Black Edition was $799 at launch in Canada ($30 less than the $829 launch price of the KEY2) and people ate that device up, so much so that it necessitated the first permanent price drop of the regular device, and it's still retailing for $700+ even after the launch of the KEY2.

I guess you pay your money and take your choice, I quite honestly don't know what all the fuss is about.
    Last edited by A Noise Annoys; 07-02-18 at 12:12 PM.
    07-02-18 10:45 AM
    OIS costs more money to develop than slapping on an extra lens. Besides, judging by the pictures that have been posted here, I would say that the camera isn't really that bad, but for some reason, people keep comparing it to flagship devices; even the reviews say exactly that. But if you want flagship performance then pay the extra and buy a flagship device, or accept the compromises BBMo has taken to produce the device at the price point that it is.
    Last edited by A Noise Annoys; 07-02-18 at 12:12 PM.
    07-02-18 10:51 AM
32 12