Google has decided to keep the Oreo train running for yet another month.

As a consequence, looks like ACU375 will come to the North American KEY² in due course.

Stay tuned.
    02-02-21 06:31 PM
    Wow, again.
    02-02-21 07:45 PM

As a consequence, looks like ACU375 will come to the North American KEY² in due course.

Stay tuned.
    Since this is bolted onto some older build, how do you personally regard from a security perspective?
    hamilgs likes this.
    02-02-21 07:58 PM
    Since this on bolted on to older build, how do you personally regard from a security perspective?
    From a security standpoint, it's as good as anything else - it's fully patched.
    hamilgs and Midnightflyer like this.
    02-02-21 07:59 PM
    great news!
    02-02-21 08:53 PM
    Still the NA client forcing TCL? Or is there another theory now?
    bh7171 and hamilgs like this.
    02-02-21 09:12 PM
    Still the NA client forcing TCL? Or is there another theory now?
    No other theory makes sense.
    hamilgs likes this.
    02-02-21 09:14 PM
    hopefully the Lé will get it too!
    02-02-21 10:42 PM
    With no feature updates to the core OS on 8.1 does it even cost these companies much if anything to release the Google security patch? And or are these mostly already done through Google Play Services?
    02-02-21 11:41 PM
    With no feature updates to the core OS on 8.1 does it even cost these companies much if anything to release the Google security patch? And or are these mostly already done through Google Play Services?
    Play Services have nothing to do with monthly security patches, although several modules were broken out from the base OS starting with Android 10, which are updated via Play System Updates, as per Project Mainline.

OEMs may need to make heavy technical changes in order to accommodate a security patch, as it may conflict with existing code. They also need to patch any closed-source components and drivers for their specific hardware.
    hamilgs likes this.
    02-02-21 11:51 PM

Stay tuned.
    This is good. The January patch caused my space bar to function intermittently.
    02-03-21 08:10 AM
    I can't imagine it would cost that much, especially since they're only pushing it to three NA variants.
    02-03-21 08:40 AM
    Play Services have nothing to do with monthly security patches, although several modules were broken out from the base OS starting with Android 10, which are updated via Play System Updates, as per Project Mainline.

OEMs may need to make heavy technical changes in order to accommodate a security patch, as it may conflict with existing code. They also need to patch any closed-source components and drivers for their specific hardware.
    I believe the modules were being broken out long before 10. I posted a former article from Android Central in a couple threads that noted Google's work behind the scenes with Play Services to keep Android devices and prior OS variants and the apps they use secure and free of malware. (I a different but similar way to iOS. I suspect the continual updates to Android Web Services is also helping secure users.
    hamilgs likes this.
    02-03-21 11:25 AM
    I believe the modules were being broken out long before 10. I posted a former article from Android Central in a couple threads that noted Google's work behind the scenes with Play Services to keep Android devices and prior OS variants and the apps they use secure and free of malware. (I a different but similar way to iOS. I suspect the continual updates to Android Web Services is also helping secure users.
    I'm referring to Project Mainline introduced with Android 10. It's the largest initiative ever to break out CORE OS modules.

Play Services updates have taken some smaller security-oriented things under its wing though.
    hamilgs likes this.
    02-03-21 12:11 PM
    Not likely. it's the same build than may 2020.

The process of updating maybe affected the keyboard, but not the update itself.
    02-04-21 01:32 AM
    I can't imagine it would cost that much, especially since they're only pushing it to three NA variants.
    Whether for one or twenty variants, the development costs are the same.
    02-04-21 01:33 AM
    is this tcl push the update ? how can we get in europe the ota update. can we contact tcl blackberry ?
    02-04-21 02:11 AM
    is this tcl push the update ? how can we get in europe the ota update. can we contact tcl blackberry ?
    Nothing you can do.
    02-04-21 06:52 AM
    it is really a shame that other variants won't get the update...mine ends with 515 and i had purchased it new only 8 months ago...it is only stubbornness at this point from tcl headquarters
    02-04-21 07:53 AM
    it is really a shame that other variants won't get the update...mine ends with 515 and i had purchased it new only 8 months ago...it is only stubbornness at this point from tcl headquarters
    TCL was very careful not to make any update commitments for the KEY² when it was launched. Nevertheless, they did get pretty close to two years of patches - even forgetting about these recent NA updates which have been forced upon them.

The KEY² LE certainly got its two years.
    02-04-21 08:56 AM
    Try clearing the cache for the BlackBerry Keyboard app.
    02-04-21 09:05 AM
    But most of them can run the autoloader, the only thing they'd be losing is the ability to use Google Pay and sign in to banking apps with fingerprint.
    02-04-21 09:06 AM
    i don't think prd ending with 515 might be eligible for the autoloader.
    02-04-21 12:31 PM
    i don't think prd ending with 515 might be eligible for the autoloader.
    Correct. It's almost guaranteed to not support those devices.
    02-04-21 12:51 PM
    Correct. It's almost guaranteed to not support those devices.
    Is it possible to alter the autoloader to make it work with 5x5 devices?
    02-04-21 01:16 PM
90 123 ...