Delays in delivery from TCL? But to cancel the order sure doesn't seem right!
    DWonder likes this.
    06-13-18 05:05 PM
    I don't know how far in advance of 27th June they would receive a shipment ready to prepare orders for dispatch but it does seem early at the moment. If what they're saying is literally true then it's good to know the QC processes at Selfridges are doing what they're supposed to. On the other hand maybe there are more people preordering the device than what BBMo/TCL had planned for and what you've been sent is a generic email that's designed to reduce blowback on both manufacturer and seller - after all you can't be mad at someone for good quality control.

---={////]--[ Dispensed on my BlackBerry Passport 
    06-13-18 05:06 PM
    Thanks for you input what you're saying does make sense

Posted via CB10
    06-13-18 05:07 PM
    First part of email from Selfridges
    Is the KeyTwo really ready for shipment? They were already DISPATCHING it?

Or is it that they should not have offered pre-sale?
    06-13-18 07:01 PM
    It's probably just the package was damaged they don't open any devices prior to shipping.
    When I tried to buy KEYone last year from a online seller, they did indicate that they would open the package and conduct quality check from their end. They said it was to make sure the dispatch had no issue in order to protect themselves from "trial and return" behaviour. But I ended up not buying from them.
    06-13-18 07:41 PM
    I bought the KEYone at launch from Selfridges because I was impatient waiting for it to launch in Canada.

If memory serves, I believe they do check the package before shipping it out. Or am I getting this confused with that service in India that some of us were looking into when we were looking for ways to import the black Edition KEYone from India?
    06-13-18 08:39 PM
    No retailer is opening sealed boxes and quality checking the products inside. Lol come on guys really?

This is clearly a random email that has absolutely nothing to do with what's in the box.

And if any retailer told me they would be opening my sealed goods before shipping they would not be my retailer.
    06-13-18 10:51 PM
    No retailer is opening sealed boxes and quality checking the products inside. Lol come on guys really?

This is clearly a random email that has absolutely nothing to do with what's in the box.

And if any retailer told me they would be opening my sealed goods before shipping they would not be my retailer.
    Maybe this is back in the alley, behind the loading docks, pop up store.
    06-13-18 10:57 PM

Aren’t there certain countries that require electronic devices to have their batteries drained before shipping? I know it sounds ridiculous, but I swear this was discussed last fall when people were looking to import the dual sim KEYone from India. I need to find that thread!
    06-13-18 11:07 PM
    Aren’t there certain countries that require electronic devices to have their batteries drained before shipping? I know it sounds ridiculous, but I swear this was discussed last fall when people were looking to import the dual sim KEYone from India. I need to find that thread!
    Are you sure this is what you remember? Are you currently in a “legalized” zone?
    06-13-18 11:12 PM
    Are you sure this is what you remember? Are you currently in a “legalized” zone?
    Lol!

Found the thread!

Who's importing the KEYone Limited Edition Black to Canada or USA?
    /blackberry-keyone-f445/whos-importing-keyone-limited-edition-black-canada-usa-1119943/

What I was trying to remember was a company called 1grandturk whose business is providing shipping addresses in India to allow international buyers to have local goods shipped to them and they in turn will ship it to you. They charge a fee for the service but also drain the batteries per their DHL arrangement -yes, that means they break the seal on the box, turn on the phone and let the battery drain!

Very strange... my first KEYone that I ordered from Selfridges was shipped via DHL and it was sealed and the battery had a 75% charge on it.

Anyway, clearly my memory was a bit hazy as I was thinking of a back alley drop shipper, and not a reputable dealer! Going through that thread was a bit trippy though... we were so desperate to get this mysterious dual sim device back in August. Fast forward 10 months later and they’re fairly easy to buy online without having to go through all kinds of crazy hoops. The things we early adopters are willing to do to get our fix! So impatient!
    Marcin Dabrowsky likes this.
    06-13-18 11:27 PM
    How about the resident vultures here attacking people for justified criticism? I remember the start of the screengate all too well, how desperate customers were basically called liars and mocked.

This phone is the only relevant pkb device in the world and nobody wants TCL to fail. Everyone wants to buy this phone but everyone wants a quality product (for that kind of money), without “growing pains”, “first bad batches” and other bull****.
    I have news for you, this has been going on a lot longer than that. I was called a troll in 2013 in relation to a post I generated about the Bluetooth connection issues with the Z10 .

It works both ways ...let’s hear some more details about this claim. So far we have talk of an email and that’s it
    06-14-18 09:33 AM
    Still won't stop the vultures here from circling - desperate to see TCL fail and the end of pkb devices forever.
    *flap* *flap* *circling*
    the_boon likes this.
    06-14-18 10:40 AM
    I have news for you, this has been going on a lot longer than that. I was called a troll in 2013 in relation to a post I generated about the Bluetooth connection issues with the Z10 .

It works both ways ...let’s hear some more details about this claim. So far we have talk of an email and that’s it
    No. Worse. Basically, we read about some guy who got an email and wrote about it here. LOL
    06-14-18 12:09 PM
    I probably barking up the wrong tree however I have called Selfridges to question the email they sent me and the customer services adviser stated it could be anything from packaging to the goods themselves however I cannot see them opening the box a phone is in to do an inspection!! I plan on posting a screen shot of the email they sent me today

Posted via CB10
    Just curious. A friend mine did a pre order from selfridges and NO stock NO delivery till July?!. How did you ge your unit so fast to be shipped. Pre order just opened q week ago!?

Sent from my BBB100-2 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-14-18 02:32 PM
    Well not too sure! Following selfridges cancelling my order due to an issue with quality control I have since re ordered the phone with a delivery date for 27th June this was done on Tuesday 12th June!!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-18 03:49 PM
    We need more speculation. It just can't stop now.
    06-15-18 12:52 PM
    Failed quality ?

I was very excited about the release of the Keyone.

After months waiting for the release finally happening I was happy the Keyone I ordered through Unlocked Mobiles finally arrived (no Blackberry available over here in Belgium).

After a few weeks the screen felt off. Got it fixed.

A few months later I noticed my Keyone was starting to smoke (!) during loading.

I bought this Keyone to replace my Classic, but it was a big disappointment.

I bought myself through amazon.de a new Passport (!) for my professional use, and use an Iphone for personal use.

I'm not at all impressed by the phones designed, manufactured, and marketed by TCL.

Very impressed by how well a new Passport works even in 2018 !
    06-23-18 12:40 PM
    Sounds like the random excuse generator AI engine wasn't that intelligent...
    06-23-18 04:40 PM
    Just a standard reply , they don't and they couldn't have any quality control of the products they sell !
    06-26-18 06:49 PM
45 12