I've recently ordered a keytwo from the Carphone ware house at selfridges I am a bit concerned I received the following email just now from them

We are sorry to tell you that the below item from your order has been cancelled. Unfortunately, when we went to dispatch the item to you, it didn't pass our quality checks.

This was merely part of their email I copied and pasted does anyone have an idea what this could be about?

Posted via CB10
    06-13-18 07:59 AM
    Dun Dun Dun....

The plot thickens....
    06-13-18 08:12 AM
    better to catch it and have a delay than to get a phone with defects.
    06-13-18 09:16 AM
    Maybe it relates to quality issues that someone else posted regarding the key2 which is already available in China?
    06-13-18 09:20 AM
    Thanks guys makes sense now

Posted via CB10
    06-13-18 09:26 AM
    Initiate Stage 1 reaction: DENIAL. Includes recording of a propaganda video with smashing Key2 against the wall and driving off with one on the roof.

Though I think it was just a standard text from seller indicating something went wrong with processing of your order.
    06-13-18 09:26 AM
    Rather than speculate, let’s wait and see what comes out through review channels. Screen pop was pretty well documented. Also, this could be something related to OP device specifically and there may not have been enough devices to replace defective one.
    Carjackd likes this.
    06-13-18 09:28 AM
    I agree w/ @Chuck Finley69 It also doesnt have to be the actual phone.. it can be the shipping box, or handling quality in general.
    Carjackd likes this.
    06-13-18 09:44 AM
    Rather than speculate, let’s wait and see what comes out through review channels. Screen pop was pretty well documented. Also, this could be something related to OP device specifically and there may not have been enough devices to replace defective one.
    I agree w/ @Chuck Finley69 It also doesnt have to be the actual phone.. it can be the shipping box, or handling quality in general.
    Still won't stop the vultures here from circling - desperate to see TCL fail and the end of pkb devices forever.
    06-13-18 09:52 AM
    I've recently ordered a keytwo from the Carphone ware house at selfridges I am a bit concerned I received the following email just now from them

We are sorry to tell you that the below item from your order has been cancelled. Unfortunately, when we went to dispatch the item to you, it didn't pass our quality checks.

This was merely part of their email I copied and pasted does anyone have an idea what this could be about?

Posted via CB10
    Screenshot of email? U kno, just to be sure ;-)
    06-13-18 10:33 AM
    This is clearly something to do wth the order not the phone
    06-13-18 12:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    I thought Carphone Warehouse and Selfridges were two separate stores. Last I checked neither had the phone in stock yet. Explain?
    herr_tan likes this.
    06-13-18 12:49 PM
    Still won't stop the vultures here from circling - desperate to see TCL fail and the end of pkb devices forever.
    How about the resident vultures here attacking people for justified criticism? I remember the start of the screengate all too well, how desperate customers were basically called liars and mocked.

This phone is the only relevant pkb device in the world and nobody wants TCL to fail. Everyone wants to buy this phone but everyone wants a quality product (for that kind of money), without “growing pains”, “first bad batches” and other bull****.
    melhiore and ppeters914 like this.
    06-13-18 12:58 PM
    Sure sounds like a troll gave 'authoritative' information on a QC 'problem'. As far as I know there have NOT been many, if any, production deliveries
    06-13-18 01:08 PM
    I certainly hope there isn't a QC issue with the KEY2, but if there is, hopefully TCL will take care of it before the retail units ship. They especially need to take care of it before Jerry Rigs Everything gets his destructive hands on it!!!

I am curious about all of the feedback I am hearing about from Chinese customers who seem to have production units now.
    06-13-18 01:16 PM
    Why don't you write them to ask for clarification; is the QC issue with the device or your order process? It seems odd that they would cancel the order if it was a device QC problem rather than just issue a notice of a delay to ship. These are just pre orders which means they don't have the devices yet.

Richard

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2205
    06-13-18 01:34 PM
    I probably barking up the wrong tree however I have called Selfridges to question the email they sent me and the customer services adviser stated it could be anything from packaging to the goods themselves however I cannot see them opening the box a phone is in to do an inspection!! I plan on posting a screen shot of the email they sent me today

Posted via CB10
    06-13-18 03:28 PM
    You are a wind up merchant , I know it’s boring waiting for a phone to be released but there are other things you could spend your time on
    06-13-18 04:23 PM
    Lol I will post the email I got from selfridges

Posted via CB10
    06-13-18 04:28 PM
    I have attached the email I received from Selfridges as 2 screen shots as I say probably nothing to worry about however I think I'm going to wait till the phone is properly released in case there are quality issues
    Attached Thumbnails Failed quality inspection-27395.jpg  
    06-13-18 04:38 PM
    First part of email from Selfridges
    Attached Thumbnails Failed quality inspection-27394.jpg  
    DWonder likes this.
    06-13-18 04:41 PM
    It's probably just the package was damaged they don't open any devices prior to shipping.
    First part of email from Selfridges
    06-13-18 04:47 PM
    Yes I think you're right it's just the way it's worded that alerted me

Posted via CB10
    06-13-18 04:53 PM
    Yes I think you're right it's just the way it's worded that alerted me

Posted via CB10
    I don't think they even have product yet, so the whole thing is a bit strange.
    Rico4you likes this.
    06-13-18 04:55 PM
    To me that looks like a standard email template that customer services will auto send when it actually needs to be sent.

In this instance, because this is a pre-order due to no stock actually being here yet, it has likely been sent in error. Computer glitch no doubt.

It's like when I pre-ordered my P20 Pro and I got an email from EE to tell me the device order was complete and to expect it within 48 hours. Didn't happen as it was a pre-order and not out for another 2 weeks! But these standard emails often get sent randomly. I don't think it's anything to do with the actual item itself.
    06-13-18 05:01 PM
45 12