Are you still waiting too for the update for the V2 rocket?
    That’s ok I just tagged in
    03-08-20 10:21 PM
    Yes I am
    03-08-20 10:28 PM
    Yes I am
    But if it doesn't get an update should we just paint it red?
    03-08-20 11:01 PM
    Saygus V2?
    03-09-20 01:06 AM
    Saygus V2?
    I should’ve had a V8
    03-09-20 06:42 AM
    So . . . Are we done now complaining lol? I can sympathize as I didn't even get an OS upgrade with my K1. But I also recognized the risk of this venture.

The Titan may be cheaper, but someone posted in another thread that it has been successfully rooted . . .
    03-09-20 07:22 AM
    So . . . Are we done now complaining lol? I can sympathize as I didn't even get an OS upgrade with my K1. But I also recognized the risk of this venture.

The Titan may be cheaper, but someone posted in another thread that it has been successfully rooted . . .
    I see you like scandals if you miss so much.
    03-09-20 11:26 AM
    No, a $650 - $700 premium phone from a "reputable company" should have two years of updates.
    Yes, it should. However, missing just 5 months is not that egregious.

That being said, I doubt that I will ever spend anything close to retail for a TCL phone -- and if I bought one at all it would be because it had nice hardware and there was a LineageOS or some other ROM that I could flash onto it.
    03-09-20 05:37 PM
    Yes, it should. However, missing just 5 months is not that egregious.

That being said, I doubt that I will ever spend anything close to retail for a TCL phone -- and if I bought one at all it would be because it had nice hardware and there was a LineageOS or some other ROM that I could flash onto it.
    They stopped BBMo, so I don't see what products we would actually buy from TCL lol
    03-09-20 05:48 PM
    I see you like scandals if you miss so much.
    It's not scandal if I knew the risks.
    03-09-20 06:46 PM
    On another note, TCL explicitly made a promise to provide one letter upgrade and 24 months of patching for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion, which they delivered.
    For the umpteenth time, this is absolutely false. No K1 variant received 24 months of patching, and the Verizon and Sprint variants didn't even get the letter upgrade. Now you're going to cry that Verizon and Sprint somehow blocked TCL from doing that, without evidence and as if it makes a difference anyway,
    03-11-20 01:49 PM
    OK so TCL deceived you. What are you going to do? But if you had been following Crackberry for the last 6-8 months you would have aware that there was something wrong in paradise.
    No one knew anything for certain, probably not even BlackBerry Mobile executives, who were still hoping to be successful. But the warning signs were there, and plenty of people here were talking about the lack of KEY3 rumors or announcements, the laying off of staff, etc.

Stop acting like a victim, and accept the fact that you were overly optimistic and bought the wrong phone. If you want the best guarantee of support, buy a phone that tens of millions of other people are buying.

BlackBerry Mobile abandoned the market and it's customers, which was a foreseeable possibility.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    Again, folks here were warning people over a year ago, when TCL let go most of the former BB employees, that things weren't looking good. Some people chose to dismiss those warnings because they didn't want to hear them. Well, the warnings came true. No one here had any input on those decisions by TCL - TCL simply decided that they weren't going to keep losing money, and started the process of shutting down BBMo, which took a year to become "official" with an actual announcement, though there was plenty of evidence, most notably the lack of a K3 release.
    So it is the responsibility of every John Customer to come to CrackBerry, read from 20 or 30 regulars about who's been laid off and spotty rumors of imminent demise, before buying a phone marketed as the most secure Android available? Who knew buying a BlackBerry was so much work?

If John Customer had come here in December of 2018 he would have heard from one of our full-time ambassadors that TCL was in it for the long haul. Does that person no longer have credibility?
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-11-20 01:53 PM
    For the umpteenth time, this is absolutely false. No K1 variant received 24 months of patching, and the Verizon and Sprint variants didn't even get the letter upgrade. Now you're going to cry that Verizon and Sprint somehow blocked TCL from doing that, without evidence and as if it makes a difference anyway,
    For the umpteenth time, "best in class monthly updates over a 24 month period" does not imply that each and every patch will be immediately received by each and all variants. This is obvious.

And yes, "timing and availability of this update will depend on carrier policy and schedule" is a real thing.
    03-11-20 01:54 PM
    For the umpteenth time, "best in class monthly updates over a 24 month period" does not imply that each and every patch will be immediately received by each and all variants. This is obvious.

And yes, "timing and availability of this update will depend on carrier policy and schedule" is a real thing.
    They did not say "best in class monthly updates over a 24 month period". They said "monthly updates". They stopped using the word "monthly" after they were sued.

If they could not deliver the letter upgrade, they shouldn't have promised it.
    03-11-20 01:57 PM

If John Customer had come here in December of 2018 he would have heard from one of our full-time ambassadors that TCL was in it for the long haul. Does that person no longer have credibility?
    Well, they are still committing to supporting the products until Aug 2022 or longer.
    03-11-20 01:57 PM
    They did not say "best in class monthly updates over a 24 month period". They said "monthly updates". They stopped using the word "monthly" after they were sued.

They did deliver the letter upgrade, according to their written commitment - which included the caveat that they can't force an update on a carrier against their will.
    03-11-20 01:58 PM

Your interpretation is non-sensical. Again, why include "best in class" if it was such an absolute? You're the only person I've ever heard from that thought this way.
    03-11-20 02:00 PM
    Well, they are still committing to supporting the products until Aug 2022 or longer.
    So John Customer should have taken the Ambassador's message "No worries, they are in it for the Long Haul" to mean "they will stop updating their phones within a few months and announce the end of the partnership in about a year, but at least they'll honor the warranty for two more years after that"? Is that what the honorable Ambassador meant when he wrote it?
    03-11-20 02:00 PM
    Your interpretation is non-sensical. Again, why include "best in class" if it was such an absolute?
    How is it nonsensical to interpret "monthly" to mean "every month"? They started watering down the promise after they were sued, and they aren't even "best in class"!
    03-11-20 02:01 PM
    How is it nonsensical to interpret "monthly" to mean "every month"? They started watering down the promise after they were sued, and they aren't even "best in class"!
    They absolutely were best in class - as one can define class how one wants. I'd define it as non-Google, non-Android One Android phone. Using this definition, no OEM outclassed them.

They get the monthly updates in a regularity and consistency not surpassed by any other OEM is its class.
    03-11-20 02:05 PM
    So it is the responsibility of every John Customer to come to CrackBerry, read from 20 or 30 regulars about who's been laid off and spotty rumors of imminent demise, before buying a phone marketed as the most secure Android available? Who knew buying a BlackBerry was so much work?

If consumers had just read the warranty and agreements they signed they would have had all the information they needed. "Always read the fine print." is good advice. Advertising is not a contract, and false advertising has to be intentionally deceptive in a material way to be a violation of consumer protection laws.

It's fine to be mad at BlackBerry Mobile for failing to deliver on the promise of the BlackBerry brand, but they did nothing that businesses aren't legally allowed to do and that companies don't do every day.

Red Bull's slogan is, "Red Bull gives you wings," but no one could sue them for not actually receiving literal wings. For years the U.S. Army's recruiting slogan was, "Be all you can be," but they were not legally responsible for every soldier fulfilling their human potential. Then, when it was "An Army of One" no one successfully sued because, in fact, they were made to work with a team.

I have empathy for people who bought the wrong phone, but no one twisted their arm and made them buy it.

Mecca EL and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    03-11-20 02:07 PM
    So John Customer should have taken the Ambassador's message "No worries, they are in it for the Long Haul" to mean "they will stop updating their phones within a few months and announce the end of the partnership in about a year, but at least they'll honor the warranty for two more years after that"? Is that what the honorable Ambassador meant when he wrote it?
    They can take a random poster on a fan site any way they wish I suppose.
    03-11-20 02:08 PM
    They absolutely were best in class - as one can define class how one wants. I'd define it as non-Google, non-Android One Android phone. Using this definition, no OEM outclassed them.

They get the monthly updates in a regularity and consistency not surpassed by any other OEM is its class.
    LOL, you've become a parody of yourself. "One can define class how one wants." So glad you're here to define it for us.
    elfabio80 and Mecca EL like this.
    03-11-20 02:09 PM
    LOL, you've become a parody of yourself. "One can define class how one wants." So glad you're here to define it for us.
    "One", in this case, being BBMo. I am providing my opinion as to what they likely believed.
    03-11-20 02:10 PM
    If consumers had just read the warranty and agreements they signed they would have had all the information they needed. "Always read the fine print." is good advice. Advertising is not a contract, and false advertising has to be intentionally deceptive in a material way to be a violation of consumer protection laws.

It's fine to be mad at BlackBerry Mobile for failing to deliver on the promise of the BlackBerry brand, but they did nothing that businesses aren't legally allowed to do and that companies don't do every day.

Red Bull's slogan is, "Red Bull gives you wings," but no one could sue them for not actually receiving literal wings. For years the U.S. Army's recruiting slogan was, "Be all you can be," but they were not legally responsible for every soldier fulfilling their human potential. Then, when it was "An Army of One" no one successfully sued because, in fact, they were made to work with a team.

I have empathy for people who bought the wrong phone, but no one twisted their arm and made them buy it.

03-11-20 02:12 PM
349 ... 45678 ...