Is anyone using facial recognition to unlock their Key2? Tested it out and seems to work well.
    08-21-18 12:26 PM
    I didn't even know this was possible on the Key2. Where is the option at?
    08-21-18 01:24 PM
    LOL, it's a BlackBerry.
    08-21-18 01:28 PM
    Settings/Security & Location/Smart Lock/Trusted Face. Then just add your face and that's it.
    08-21-18 01:29 PM
    I didn't even know this was possible on the Key2. Where is the option at?
    It's a core Android feature. Settings>Security / location/ Smart Lock/ Add a trusted Face. It's on almost all Android devices but it doesn't always work the best, hence OEM's improving and making their own implementations.
    Summer_Moon likes this.
    08-21-18 01:30 PM
    Has DTEK got any remakrs on this feature? I know for a fact that Apples face recognition feature is not waterproof.
    08-21-18 01:32 PM
    Settings/Security & Location/Smart Lock/Trusted Face. Then just add your face and that's it.
    Thanks!
    08-21-18 01:41 PM
    It's a core Android feature. Settings>Security / location/ Smart Lock/ Add a trusted Face. It's on almost all Android devices but it doesn't always work the best, hence OEM's improving and making their own implementations.
    Thanks! Apparently I missed that memo lol
    08-21-18 01:41 PM
    Has DTEK got any remakrs on this feature? I know for a fact that Apples face recognition feature is not waterproof.
    You got it wet??

Apples Face ID isn't the same as Android Facial Recognition using standard sensors. Ice Cream Sandwich had face unlock... but it was easy to bypass.

As far as I know, only Xiaomi Mi 8 has a similar infrared technology as the iPhone X.. the rest of the Android Oreo phones are just using the camera, and it's pretty easy to fool.
    08-21-18 01:49 PM
    You got it wet??

Apples Face ID isn't the same as Android Facial Recognition using standard sensors. Ice Cream Sandwich had face unlock... but it was easy to bypass.

As far as I know, only Xiaomi Mi 8 has a similar infrared technology as the iPhone X.. the rest of the Android Oreo phones are just using the camera, and it's pretty easy to fool.
    In other words, stick to the fingerprint sensor lol
    08-21-18 03:17 PM
    In other words, stick to the fingerprint sensor lol
    Just depends on your level of security... some here don't think that's really all that secure...

Me I love Face Reconition on my Surface Pro, and I love using a finger print on my phone....
    08-21-18 03:50 PM
    Why does my smart lock menu look like this? I was trying to set up the trusted face option.
    Attached Thumbnails Facial Recognition-9939.jpg  
    09-10-18 08:53 PM
    FYI guys... face recognition (beside Apples Face ID) is not secure at all. None of them are approved for mobile payments.

All of them can easily be hacked. The only one that can’t be easily hacked and approved for mobile payments is Face ID. It won’t be at least a year or two before others are secure enough.

So either get the latest Apple Toy or stick with fingerprint sensor.
    09-10-18 08:58 PM
    Facial recognition is good enough for me and it saves the hassle with the temperamental finger print sensor.

The odd thing is the fingerprint sensor works every time when im actually in the phone and need to access an app. Its like the sensor hasnt 'woken up' when trying to actually get into the phone. Even more interesting is that when i have facial unlock on i can press the finger print sensor as a way of getting in and it works every time. Its like my face has 'woken up' the fingerprint sensor.
    Last edited by Mercuryuser; 01-06-19 at 06:45 AM.
    01-06-19 06:35 AM
    The facial recognition option itself must be scrapped out by Android and iOS.
    01-06-19 08:58 AM
    I am trying it now, but I have left a physical password, so as to avoid misfunction, I don't trust it completely
    01-08-19 03:07 PM
    Did u buy screen protector?
    01-09-19 12:04 AM
    I bought a flip wallet case on Amazon
    01-09-19 06:17 AM
    Bla1ze, I saw that TCL introduced the Alcatel 1X at CES 2019. That phone has a face recognition called Face Key. Do you know if it differs from the standard Google feature? In other words, is this TCL's own solution for better and more secure face recognition?
    01-10-19 12:35 PM
    Disabled by administrator
    01-10-19 12:38 PM
    Bla1ze, I saw that TCL introduced the Alcatel 1X at CES 2019. That phone has a face recognition called Face Key. Do you know if it differs from the standard Google feature? In other words, is this TCL's own solution for better and more secure face recognition?
    Yeah, should be their own Face Key software. The same software on the Alcatel 5/Alcatel 3V which that testing couldn't unlock with a photo.
    01-10-19 03:23 PM
    Try taking a photo of your face and display it on your monitor to see if it unlocks your device. If it does, you might want to disable it!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    01-10-19 04:00 PM
    I'm not trusting facial unlock no matter what platform it's on. Took me a while to accept the fingerprint method.
    01-10-19 04:54 PM
    I'm not trusting facial unlock no matter what platform it's on. Took me a while to accept the fingerprint method.
    I like fingerprint and use it regularly for unlocking my LE, but some banking apps as well as Paypal suggest to set it up to avoid putting the password every time to log in, and I just don't feel comfortable using it for that for some reason.

Side note: the fp sensor on the LE is lightning fast, not sure how it could be better/faster than it already is.
    Only when waking up in the morning and placing the thumb on it will it take a second or two, but blazing fast throughout the day.
    01-10-19 07:37 PM