Hi, I've been using Key2 for last 3 weeks or so. It's been a great experience compared to my Key1 in terms of performance and PKB. Though I am annoyed with the different click noise of the space bar, I was willing to gett used to it. However, just last night day or two I've been noticing extra click noise after the D, F,E,R,T,G, H keys are pressed. As if there is a plastic underneath is making a delayed extra noise. It's getting quite annoying right now. And Im going to see if there's option to return the phone. A mid range phone costing around CAD $900 which is putting this hefty price tag for the PKB, should not be having such issues with the PKB. Absolutely unacceptable!
    08-09-18 08:29 PM
    I sold my KEY2 because of the space bar clicking and clacking lol back to BE KEYone.
    conbrio29 likes this.
    08-09-18 09:24 PM
    My space bar does not make any noise or is it wobbly at all. There must be different keyboards being used and TCL needs to look into this.
    the_boon likes this.
    08-09-18 09:28 PM
    My space bar does not make any noise or is it wobbly at all. There must be different keyboards being used and TCL needs to look into this.
    They definitely need to look into it. I won't be the only person who has sold their KEY2 because of this reason. I'll probably buy another KEY2 in months to come if the problem has been resolved by then.
    08-09-18 09:30 PM
    Hi, I've been using Key2 for last 3 weeks or so. It's been a great experience compared to my Key1 in terms of performance and PKB. Though I am annoyed with the different click noise of the space bar, I was willing to gett used to it. However, just last night day or two I've been noticing extra click noise after the D, F,E,R,T,G, H keys are pressed. As if there is a plastic underneath is making a delayed extra noise. It's getting quite annoying right now. And Im going to see if there's option to return the phone. A mid range phone costing around CAD $900 which is putting this hefty price tag for the PKB, should not be having such issues with the PKB. Absolutely unacceptable!
    Use air sprayer for electronics to clean below keys. With this new design, key2's keyboard really easily traps dusts there.

I used to have this problems with few old blackberries back then, so had to disassemble keyboard to clean it. (And it was very easy back then to do so)

I didn't have this problem for my passport, priv, and KEYᵒⁿᵉ. But I got the same issue with key2, so I used a can of air spray to clean it up and it removed 70-80% of the noise. I know it is still annoying, but its my fault to use the phone in dusty area at first place.

For me those were E, D, F, U, I, J keys.

I even created a post with same problem, and no1 commented on it since not so many people use their PKB phones in very dusty area. :@

Google it with clicky, crack, creaky, different type sound of blackberry keyboard, and you will see that it was quite common problem back then.

Don't return and keep clean it once in a while if you are using your phone in dusty areas just like me.
    08-09-18 09:36 PM
    Thanks for the helpful tip. But I have diasgaree with keeping a device which costs $900 and needs to be sprayed every now and then (I've had it barely for 3 weeks and I do take care of my phone very well). Blackberry/TCL should have researched these issues before getting these devices out. We are seeing a lot complaints about the Keyboard, which was not the case for Key1. If PKB is one of the main selling points of Blackberry, they better 100% make sure it's working properly.
    08-09-18 09:50 PM
    I have a click on these keys, too, is different. I do not think this is the problem only of your phone.
    08-09-18 10:23 PM
    Use air sprayer for electronics to clean below keys. With this new design, key2's keyboard really easily traps dusts there.

I used to have this problems with few old blackberries back then, so had to disassemble keyboard to clean it. (And it was very easy back then to do so)

I didn't have this problem for my passport, priv, and KEYᵒⁿᵉ. But I got the same issue with key2, so I used a can of air spray to clean it up and it removed 70-80% of the noise. I know it is still annoying, but its my fault to use the phone in dusty area at first place.

For me those were E, D, F, U, I, J keys.

I even created a post with same problem, and no1 commented on it since not so many people use their PKB phones in very dusty area. :@

Google it with clicky, crack, creaky, different type sound of blackberry keyboard, and you will see that it was quite common problem back then.

Don't return and keep clean it once in a while if you are using your phone in dusty areas just like me.
    The Priv won't attract particles behind the keys because the whole pkb is one solid piece!
    Its exactly why I really want TCL to look into that design, because its possible to make it IP rated for water resistance.
    08-10-18 09:58 AM
    Exactly! well pointed out the_boon. I completely forgot about my PRIV, that keyboard was solid (though I feel Key2s keys are bigger and better to type on). But PRIV never had this stupid key issues, where spacebar or other keys started to make different sounds when you type on them
    08-10-18 01:50 PM
    Exactly! well pointed out the_boon. I completely forgot about my PRIV, that keyboard was solid (though I feel Key2s keys are bigger and better to type on). But PRIV never had this stupid key issues, where spacebar or other keys started to make different sounds when you type on them
    Well I'm sure if KEY3 didn't have the fingerprint sensor in the spacebar, there would be no issues since they'd just design it like all the other keys.
    They need to figure out how to give somewhat uniform clickiness even with the fingerprint sensor there.
    08-12-18 08:38 AM
    I think the spacebar being overly loud or wobbly is a quality control issue on some devices. Mine makes an audible click compared to the other keys (which are silent) but definitely not a big deal...its barely noticeable. And its not wobbly or loose either. It wasn't that way out of the box, and it isn't that way after almost a month of constant use.

If the spacebar is that loud or wobbly that is causes you issues you are either (a) a control freak, or (b) have a defective device. That includes if other keys are making excessive noises. My guess is 99% of those with complaints will fall into the defective device category and should return your phones.

For those with the spacebar click obsession, it isn't going away, and you are wasting your time complaining about it. The detailed teardown posted on CB proves once and for all the space bar is physically different from all the other keys. Therefore, some variation from the rest of the keyboard is to be expected.

Oh yeah, and try to keep your Key2 clean. I'm sure that will help. Put it in a case or give it a wipe with a soft, damp cloth every few days.
    08-12-18 10:09 AM
    I think the spacebar being overly loud or wobbly is a quality control issue on some devices. Mine makes an audible click compared to the other keys (which are silent) but definitely not a big deal...its barely noticeable. And its not wobbly or loose either. It wasn't that way out of the box, and it isn't that way after almost a month of constant use.

If the spacebar is that loud or wobbly that is causes you issues you are either (a) a control freak, or (b) have a defective device. That includes if other keys are making excessive noises. My guess is 99% of those with complaints will fall into the defective device category and should return your phones.

For those with the spacebar click obsession, it isn't going away, and you are wasting your time complaining about it. The detailed teardown posted on CB proves once and for all the space bar is physically different from all the other keys. Therefore, some variation from the rest of the keyboard is to be expected.

Oh yeah, and try to keep your Key2 clean. I'm sure that will help. Put it in a case or give it a wipe with a soft, damp cloth every few days.
    Why is it important to keep it clean compared to any other previous BB PKB device?
    08-12-18 10:10 AM
    Why is it important to keep it clean compared to any other previous BB PKB device?
    I never said anything about previous BlackBerry pkb devices.

It's always a good idea to keep your phone clean...period. I don't care what brand it is. People who complain because dirt gets stuck in buttons etc and that it becomes a problem for them...let's just say we have to consider their cleanliness habits just as much as the phone itself. Lol.
    08-12-18 11:32 AM
    I never said anything about previous BlackBerry pkb devices.

It's always a good idea to keep your phone clean...period. I don't care what brand it is. People who complain because dirt gets stuck in buttons etc and that it becomes a problem for them...let's just say we have to consider their cleanliness habits just as much as the phone itself. Lol.
    Yeah I guess I could start by putting the phone face down when eating crumbly stuff lol
    08-12-18 01:34 PM
    I guess cookie monster can't have a Key2 then.

the_boon likes this.
    08-12-18 02:18 PM