He's making a wonky argument because he's mixing up privacy and security which are different things.

Even on security, I've never seen any independent evidence that BB Android security is any better than say Samsung Know.
    I think all we've had to go by here are BlackBerry's monthly security bulletins but the only one of note that I remember it protecting against to some extent was QuadRooter.
    09-14-19 12:37 PM
    My guess... they didn't make 1000 Red Key2's...they made four to five hundred. Good a guess as any!
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    09-14-19 08:56 PM
    He's making a wonky argument because he's mixing up privacy and security which are different things.

Even on security, I've never seen any independent evidence that BB Android security is any better than say Samsung Know.
    Agree. I bet he don't even know that in his already secured android he still get tracked by google activity tracker LOL.
    09-14-19 11:25 PM
    Just for the sake of clarification: Samsung and others have absolutely no control over Android, that is Google's property, and that is the OS Samsung puts in their phones....a third party OS.

Yes those who feature BlackBerry Hardening to Android obviously derive a security benefit for their customers, and yes they pay for changes to that software. That is normal. Customers of this sort don't want advertisers to pay for their OS security, because well advertisers could care less about your privacy, they want your data. Exibitionists don't care, but hey they're probably not buying a BlackBerry branded phone anyways....that is unless they don't want some of their pics , private life, to get into the wrong hands....so maybe i should walk that one back.
    My point is every oems who get the android directly from google could give the update faster than oems who get it from another third party, I'm not discussing about the security or anything else,. Oneplus has already give the 7 android 10 beta that will be available officialy by the end of the year. BBMo, on the other hand, doesn't work on their android by themselves, they get it by paying BB to give them android skin they've been licensed.
    09-14-19 11:31 PM
    My point is every oems who get the android directly from google could give the update faster than oems who get it from another third party, I'm not discussing about the security or anything else,. Oneplus has already give the 7 android 10 beta that will be available officialy by the end of the year. BBMo, on the other hand, doesn't work on their android by themselves, they get it by paying BB to give them android skin they've been licensed.
    If I was concerned about security I wouldn't be getting an oppo oneplus. Just way too much risk. Not worth it, at any price.
    09-14-19 11:59 PM
    If I was concerned about security I wouldn't be getting an oppo oneplus. Just way too much risk. Not worth it, at any price.
    The last discussion you were quoting mine was about BBMo get their android from third party (not google directly) that makes sometime the update comes late or sometime doesn't come at all (read:Pie). It has nothing to do with security topic.
    09-15-19 12:08 AM
    BlackBerry allowed their reputation to become heavily tarnished with BlackBerry Android. This does not bode well for their mdm future with Enterprise and likewise with their car business.
    They are going to have to sort out their business reputation mighty quickly if they are still going to be around in 2 years time
    John Albert likes this.
    09-15-19 02:01 AM
    BlackBerry allowed their reputation to become heavily tarnished with BlackBerry Android. This does not bode well for their mdm future with Enterprise and likewise with their car business.
    They are going to have to sort out their business reputation mighty quickly if they are still going to be around in 2 years time
    since new customers probably don't think the BlackBerry phone business exists anymore , this isn't a problem.
    pdr733 likes this.
    09-15-19 03:12 AM
    It's irrelevant - Blackberry's customers are large corporations interested in security and other B2B solutions.

They knew these low-selling phones from a third party are nothing to do with Blackberry's day to day business.
    09-15-19 04:25 AM
    They did sort it out, in that nobody here is a customer anymore. They're having all sorts of fun with embedded and MDM while high-risk devices are dumped onto China. They're a software company, remember?
    TgeekB, deiop and Mecca EL like this.
    09-15-19 05:03 AM
    Not really, in fact probably the opposite, now that they can secure iOS and all kinds of Android devices with their Managed Device software (on the small-medium-large corp/gov side, they've expanded beyond BB10.
    Though the loss of new BB10 devices to the markeplace gives much less OS security options for the single consumer &or self-employed. BBAndroid makes up for some of that loss, probably to the satisfaction of many, given the perception that Frogger is essential to your day to day abilities to function (apparently). I was okay with Brick-breaker and scribbles (oops I mean Doodle blast) myself.
    09-15-19 11:28 AM
    My use for the Playbook was 90% Scribbles.
    09-15-19 11:58 AM
    You can choose to believe what you want, we cant stop you. Hell there are people on here thinking bb10 is coming back too
    Of course it is! BlackBerry is fully committed! 🤣
    09-15-19 01:04 PM
    I pine for a palm PKB
    RWIndiana likes this.
    09-15-19 11:27 PM
    I pine for a palm PKB
    Me too
    09-16-19 06:03 AM
    BlackBerry app updates are available in the playstore. first time in quite a while, is this indicative of progress?
    09-16-19 02:28 PM
    BlackBerry app updates are available in the playstore. first time in quite a while, is this indicative of progress?
    What update?
    Rico4you likes this.
    09-16-19 02:33 PM
    What update?
    I just updated 6 Hub-related apps from the playstore. Maybe they're beta versions though.
    09-16-19 02:38 PM
    I just updated 6 Hub-related apps from the playstore. Maybe they're beta versions though.
    Beta versions?
    09-16-19 02:42 PM
    Beta versions?
    These six apps.

Edit: looks like three apps are cut off in the screenshot
    Attached Thumbnails Evidence of TCL/BBM negotiations?!-11632.jpg  
    09-16-19 02:46 PM
    Just did the update myself!

One huge improvement... yes BlackBerry giving love

Evidence of TCL/BBM negotiations?!-screenshot_20190916-215706.jpg
    Wrec and Bbnivende like this.
    09-16-19 03:07 PM
    It has nothing to do with the licencing agreement.

These are BlackBerry Limited products available to ALL Android devices.
    John Albert likes this.
    09-16-19 03:12 PM
    Just did the update myself!

One huge improvement... yes BlackBerry giving love

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190916-215706.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	446168
    What is "huge" about the improvement?
    09-16-19 03:18 PM
    It has nothing to do with the licencing agreement.

These are BlackBerry Limited products available to ALL Android devices.
    Sure Helps that BlackBerry continues with SUPPORT regardless who receives.
    09-16-19 03:19 PM
    @LiamQ stated in another thread that they were working on some updates with beta release soon. This must be it.

I'm not on beta, so I'm not seeing anything new.

Don't think any of that has anything to do with any negotiations. The Suite is a separate deal since they are selling it independent of TCL.
    09-16-19 03:24 PM
169 ... 34567