I know it's been asked in this forum, but for real how do you guys handle it ? It's really annoying. First couple of times was alright but now they be like it's 2020 and you still you use a keyboard? Which is like a half of your screen
    12-15-19 03:19 PM
    I try to show them the power of shortcuts or explain how I like my work flow works, but it really shouldn't matter what people think. Use a BB for as long as you want. I'm still running my PPSE or Classic alongside my iPhone/iPad.

Some think it's weird or stupid, but the only thing that matters is what it does for YOU!

Posted via my Awesome Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163 pin:2C33423A
    Mecca EL and ShannonLoa like this.
    12-15-19 03:45 PM
    I frequently get it - people see it as a source of amusement (dinosaur comments etx), but then they see the way I work with it. Paired with my normal work combo of a Rocketbook and 2-in1 laptop productivity it is second to none. Sometimes it's good to stand apart from the pack...
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    12-15-19 03:52 PM
    Doesn't bother me in the least when it happens. I look at what they're using which explains why they're making a stupid comment like that.

I always consider the source of the comment and move on.

Bob
    the_boon, antonrr and ShannonLoa like this.
    12-15-19 04:03 PM
    Yes, it's very annoying. Most people that ask those questions are the ones that never had a smartphone until the iPhone. They never used a physical keyboard, and their memories of blackberry are only work-related. I explain that blackberry has moved to the android platform, and they usually give a blank stare of that.
    antonrr, Linto988 and ShannonLoa like this.
    12-15-19 04:09 PM
    I know it's been asked in this forum, but for real how do you guys handle it ? It's really annoying. First couple of times was alright but now they be like it's 2020 and you still you use a keyboard? Which is like a half of your screen
    When I used to have the energy to respond to comments like that, I'd show the shortcuts or how their VKB takes up a huge chunk of the screen when pulled up, or my battery stats which typically show 6hrs of screen-on time (without using power saving mode)

But now I don't have the energy for closed-minded comments like that anymore

But a good one is "it's 2020 and your phone still doesn't make it through a day on a charge"
    DWonder and ShannonLoa like this.
    12-15-19 04:13 PM
    I distinguish two categories of people who judge the device I am using (Q10). The first category doesn't even know what is judging... so... I don't waste my time with them. The second category does actually know what it's talking about. But what I do see in the eyes of the people in this category is actually not a pure rejection of my preference but rather an inner conflict. They understand my choice and my motives, but obviously the have different ones.
    P.S. Late millenials are a separate category. They haven't really experienced such devices, so their first reaction is impression. After explaining though the app compromises they just don't get it. No reason of course to express my concerns about privacy to a late millennial. They believe that privacy is a synonym of abnormality.
    cyberdoggie and ShannonLoa like this.
    12-15-19 04:19 PM
    But a good one is "it's 2020 and your phone still doesn't make it through a day on a charge"
    Except that most phones from the last 3 years have no problem making it through a whole day on a charge. The iPhone 6/Galaxy S5 days are long over.
    12-15-19 05:35 PM
    When I used to have the energy to respond to comments like that, I'd show the shortcuts or how their VKB takes up a huge chunk of the screen when pulled up, or my battery stats which typically show 6hrs of screen-on time (without using power saving mode)

But now I don't have the energy for closed-minded comments like that anymore

Except that most phones from the last 3 years have no problem making it through a whole day on a charge. The iPhone 6/Galaxy S5 days are long over.
    This. I dont charge to 100% unless by accident and I usually end around 50% with 4 hours SoT. If I really wanted, I could go a day or two easily.

Everyone says how come you still use a BB? It's annoying...-12hr30min.jpg
    12-15-19 06:22 PM
    Some people just aren't going to understand without using one, and they're not going to use on unless they understand. It's pretty much a no-win scenario.
    12-15-19 06:27 PM
    Frankly. I just say, "That's right," and, if they don't ask, I don't say anything more about it. If asked, I simply say that it's better for my work than my Android phone, which is simply true.

If they want to engage after that, I'll ask them about their phone and how they use it so we can enjoy geeking out together on mobile.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    bh7171 and Mecca EL like this.
    12-15-19 06:52 PM
    I just tell people that I work for BlackBerry and I'm a beta tester. That shuts them real fast especially after I tell them I got the phone for free.

No lies, I was a beta tester and I won my Keyone at a Crackberry meetup...
    joshualebowitz and ShannonLoa like this.
    12-15-19 08:10 PM
    I also like to turn things around by showing them what their android phones can do.
    joshualebowitz likes this.
    12-15-19 08:15 PM

Not really!

The S10+ has a longer battery life than my Key2 Red.
    Tsepz_GP and ShannonLoa like this.
    12-15-19 09:04 PM
    I got it WAY more with the passport because it's such an odd form factor.
    The KEYone and key2 aren't as attention getting, but occasionally someone will say "is that a BlackBerry?". I've even had one guy who wanted to hold it and was just mesmerized by it. I recall being picked on at 2 of my old jobs. One boss hated me using it and tried everything in his power to force me to use a defunct Samsung phone. Problem was texting hardly worked on it and PDF functioning was crap. Once my passport out performed his, he eventually dropped his attack.
    The other job I had one boss and his little side kick pick on me because the then new KEYone didn't have the latest emoji and face recognition of iPhone. My boss was interested because he prefered the camera on the KEYone. But ultimately most people will never buy a Blackberry because Blackberry isn't a free phone you get with a phone plan.

Blackberry fans CHOSE Blackberry.
    the_boon, bh7171 and ShannonLoa like this.
    12-15-19 09:25 PM
    Not really!

The S10+ has a longer battery life than my Key2 Red.
    Well it's got 500mAh extra juice but it does also have a much more power hungry display to power.
    12-15-19 09:39 PM
    Well, because it is so offensive and debilitating, I typically beat them up. This is a traditional, albeit ineffective, way to settle disagreements.
    Ben xfg and i_plod_an_dr_void like this.
    12-16-19 10:15 AM
    Well, because it is so offensive and debilitating, I typically beat them up. This is a traditional, albeit ineffective, way to settle disagreements.
    Fisticuffs is always a good solution.

Posted via my Awesome Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163 pin:2C33423A
    12-16-19 11:28 AM
    This morning I heard: " BlackBerry still make phones? I explain that BlackBerry no longer make phones but license the name so other OEM'S make the hardware. if Chen does not come up with a new partnership to make hardware...the statement I heard this morning will become true. No more BlackBerry branded phones
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    12-16-19 01:52 PM
    I always tell people I'm in a "till death do us part" relationship with Blackberry and they'll have to pry the pkb from my cold dead hands. Most people then get nostalgic for their pkb from back in the day. If they continue being rude about it, I walk away.
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    12-16-19 04:12 PM
    I always say "you ever had a blackberry?" and they usually say "yea, I loved my blackberry" and then I respond with "exactly". Otherwise, I say, I want my phone to feel like a phone.
    joshualebowitz and ShannonLoa like this.
    12-16-19 05:57 PM
    I always start with....you want the truth? you can't handle the truth...
    then I mention something about woman at the well....
    then I go for .....
    You sound like someone on their fourth husband......even if its a guy.
    Then for the finale I say.....oh were you talking to me? I was busy BBM'ing this really important client who also values confidentiality and security in communication. What was it you were asking me again?
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    12-16-19 09:20 PM
    I think it's funny. Usually people ask to type on it and tell me about how much they loved their BlackBerry. Usually impressed from the unique features in BB10.

This commercial hit it head-on.
    12-16-19 11:36 PM
    The problem is that the current execs at BlackBerry actually ask the same question as the people that approach you. It is hard to have more passion than the people leading the company. In my experience though, most people who care enough to try the BlackBerry end up showing up with one a few weeks later.
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    12-16-19 11:44 PM
    I remind them it wasnt that long ago their full screen phones wasn't any bigger than 4.5 inches with a notch on top and chin at the bottom with nav key buttons. then the advantages of having a keyboard on the bottom and full view of screen while browsing or typing away.
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    12-16-19 11:50 PM
105 123 ...