Friend who still works at Rogers (Internally) just told me today: EOL on the KEY2, any final stock will be sold off. Usually within a month or so it'll be pulled from the site once stock is gone.

Um.. KEY3 on the horizon?!
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-17-19 09:06 PM
    That's why I'm expecting some big news coming soon.
    Either a new device or complete restructuring.

BBMobile will never continue another year with no new device being released. It is impossible to keep a business running without generating enough revenue.
    05-17-19 09:32 PM
    Well that's a bummer.

I just bought a Key2 from Telus last week with an April 2019 build date.
    JOHNGAETANO and the_boon like this.
    05-17-19 10:09 PM
    Friend who still works at Rogers (Internally) just told me today: EOL on the KEY2, any final stock will be sold off. Usually within a month or so it'll be pulled from the site once stock is gone.

End of Sales or full on End of Life (no more updates, new carrier features, etc)?
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    05-17-19 11:13 PM

KEY² LE has been the big seller.
    05-17-19 11:15 PM
    End of Sales or full on End of Life (no more updates, new carrier features, etc)?
    At the moment it appears to be "End of Sales" especially in the retail sector here in Canada, carriers not necessarily withstanding. Lights are dimming on the LE as well. Not too comforting considering neither have surpassed a year since release.
    05-17-19 11:31 PM
    KEY² LE has been the big seller.
    May be but seeing these latest devices showing some signs of becoming "collectables" (so to speak) in such short order can't be all that reassuring. Could be just the Canadian market is giving up on BB dunno.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    05-18-19 12:04 AM
    Well, once again Rogers announces what could be the inevitable. I would bet that BBMo/TCL monitor CB, they would be foolish not too. Yet, in the face of all of it, !!! Silence speaks volumes!
    elfabio80, RK_BB and yybenedb like this.
    05-18-19 12:38 AM
    May be but seeing these latest devices showing some signs of becoming "collectables" (so to speak) in such short order can't be all that reassuring. Could be just the Canadian market is giving up on BB dunno.
    Even in the US, which used to count for 50% of BlackBerry Limited regional hardware revenue.
    Key2 Silver is already not available from all official channels.
    The new Key2 Red has been discontinued from Bestbuy and out of stock in Amazon since launch.
    Key2 LE is being sold by third parties on Amazon.

BBMobile strategy is very strange and not understandable at this point.
    skinnymike1 and docberry126 like this.
    05-18-19 01:42 AM
    And it's not going to change any time soon either.

Even when BBMo had a new model announced and pending, the releases were scattered and unpredictable. With the silver edition for example, resellers didn't even know when product was arriving or how much stock would be available.

Why does everyone seem to believe the fact we know nothing about when / if product is being discontinued by BBMo now, or if / why retailers are discontinuing it, is a necessarily a sign of ANYTHING other than simply business as usual as far as BBMo is concerned?

Yes, some official word out of BBMo would be helpful. Just don't expect it, just as we shouldn't expect that not hearing anything means anything either. The only frustration here is CB membership being left to read the tea leaves.
    05-18-19 07:47 AM
    Even in the US, which used to count for 50% of BlackBerry Limited regional hardware revenue.
    Key2 Silver is already not available from all official channels.
    The new Key2 Red has been discontinued from Bestbuy and out of stock in Amazon since launch.
    Key2 LE is being sold by third parties on Amazon.

Since I came back onboard purchasing the Motion personally found BBMo's strategies very off-putting. What I am finding too is the KEYone isn't showing anywhere near the signs of extinction like the Motion, KEY2, LE have/are. Just cannot see this all resulting in a positive for the brand.
    05-18-19 10:33 AM
    Even when BBMo had a new model announced and pending, the releases were scattered and unpredictable.
    Their nemesis in my opinion. Ain't gonna sell well if its unavailable to purchase or requires looking in a haystack to find.
    05-18-19 10:59 AM
    Speaking of 'EOL' of the Key2 - updates for the Key2 and LE scheduled for Telus May22.

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/...ule/ta-p/53566
    05-18-19 11:10 AM
    With Best Buy dropping the KEY2, thats a bad sign. Granted they still have the LE. It's still on Amazon, but only Black.
    05-18-19 11:15 AM
    Speaking of 'EOL' of the Key2 - updates for the Key2 and LE scheduled for Telus May22.

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/...ule/ta-p/53566
    Nothing for the KeyOne, I guess that's another carrier hinting at the end.
    05-18-19 12:10 PM
    Duplicate
    05-18-19 01:08 PM
    Nothing for the KeyOne, I guess that's another carrier hinting at the end.
    Could be. Then again, they had end of May updates posted for other phones a week ago, and next week's update for the Key2 / LE just popped up yesterday. All we know right now is there is no May update posted for the KEYone...yet.

The Motion update for May was posted at the beginning of the month.
    05-18-19 01:10 PM
    The Motion update for May was posted at the beginning of the month.
    Was posted on the 7th I believe with a scheduled release of the 15th, I received on the 16th. Have to admit April's and May's patches were a pleasant surprise considering how things had unfolded since July/Aug of last year. Either this is a new beginning or the beginning of an end.
    05-18-19 02:45 PM
    Just came across this post after I was bummed out not seeing any way of purchasing a brand new Key2 silver. Even more bummed out after seeing this.

Really hope a Key3 is on the horizon rather than them shutting down BBMo.
    05-18-19 08:27 PM
    It's got to be end of sales, expect the actual end of life in mid 2020 or so (i.e. 24 months after release).
    05-18-19 08:32 PM

This is really good news imo and a good sign that a Key3 is coming. Been looking at the Key2 for a while but new ones are overpriced for the spec and somewhat hard to come by. Went from a passport to an iphone and am so looking forward to coming back.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-18-19 09:47 PM
    I wont have any more information until next week as my contact is out of the office for the long weekend.

I will say this: With no leaks of a KEY3, I'm somewhat concerned of this news and what to expect. No info at all about a possible KEY3 in the mix. Is BBMo done? I'd really like to find out..
    05-18-19 09:53 PM
    I wont have any more information until next week as my contact is out of the office for the long weekend.

I will say this: With no leaks of a KEY3, I'm somewhat concerned of this news and what to expect. No info at all about a possible KEY3 in the mix. Is BBMo done? I'd really like to find out..
    What about the BBJ100 ?
    05-18-19 09:54 PM
    What about the BBJ100 ?
    Wait what's the BBJ100? I think that flew under my radar?!
    05-18-19 09:58 PM
    Wait what's the BBJ100? I think that flew under my radar?!
    https://forums.crackberry.com/rumore...bj100-1170217/
    05-18-19 09:59 PM
79 123 ...