I have two Canon bodies and a bunch of glass, including several "L" series ("expensive as L")

That's spot on - glass is more important than sensor by a lot..
    FF22 likes this.
    06-22-18 05:57 PM
    2 things.

1. S8 low light shots are definitely way better than the K1 in general.

2. You had rocks in your KeyOne picture. Having an object in front of you while using flash will dominate your shot. Everything else will fade into the darkness.

The S8 shots had no object that would reflect light off of. Only the view of the city and the night sky.

Not a fair comparison.

The reason for KeyOne's bad performance in the camera department even though it was using the same sensor as the Pixel 2. Was because of the ISP on the Snapdragon 615. It's outdated, the 835//845 has a much more improved ISP.

It's unfortunate but the 660 has a much more improved ISP, but it's 821 ISP I believe. So expect low light shots comparable to cameras from that era.
    to be honest, that shot with the KEYone was the best i could find on my camera roll as all others didn't even turn out much, lol... the S8 has stuff in the foreground as well like the rocky dirt trail and the grass.. i found it takes better low light photos when the flash is on and something is in the foreground
    06-22-18 06:08 PM
    Anybody who owns a real digital camera knows that the glass is every bit as important as the sensor, maybe more so. That's why once somebody has an investment in glass they don't change camps easily. I own over 5 grand just in glass and while all of it is very good you can spend 50 grand on a really high end piece of glass.

No smart phone can compete with a real shooter though it looks like BlackBerry has been lagging behind with their software.
    Bang on!!! Now I am sure that the great pic debate will rage on! It's like MP3 and MP4 digital music, it is ok and recognizable, however the resurgence of LP's is testament that phones are for convenience and phonographs are for connoisseurs! Now please, bore us further with your fubar! Lol!
    06-22-18 06:52 PM
    key1 soon k2 will be in my pocket. nikon d7500 sits in my car's center console.

had a mate 10 and selling it now took nice pics but still a tiny sensor with a tiny lens.

not sure how much bigger the nikon's lens is but i assume 50X?

phones really are for convenience. if you want real photos at real important events get a real camera.
    FF22 and Mits5139 like this.
    06-22-18 08:08 PM
    You realists are really disappointing me. I truly expected my cell phone of any brand to equal the quality achieved by a dsl camera. You are telling me it is not true???????? (please, I am being totally sarcastic.)

What really disappoints me is when I go on some of these group trips and the only "camera" most bring are cell phones where they sit in someone's pocket gathering lint and dust and then offer to share photos of me that are truly awful (aside from the already awful subject - me!!!!)
    gizmo21 likes this.
    06-22-18 08:39 PM
    all I need to know is which Key takes better pics, the KeyOne or Key2?

cause I am happy with the keyone camera, so any bump would be fine with me.
    06-22-18 09:13 PM
    Hahaha! I hear you FF22! To be completely honest, I take 80% of my pics with my phone. The other 20% of important pics I take with my Canon SX50 HS. It just strikes me as funny that tech and quality expectations have been so dumbed down that we now discuss photo quality while shooting and listening with convenience productivity tools and feel that is a normal, apples to apples comparison! Lmao!
    06-22-18 09:14 PM
    I too carry my Canon in the car at all times! Just in case I have a truly great opportunity for a pic. Cheers,
    Marcin Dabrowsky likes this.
    06-22-18 09:17 PM
    all I need to know is which Key takes better pics, the KeyOne or Key2?

cause I am happy with the keyone camera, so any bump would be fine with me.
    KEY² by a significant margin.
    06-22-18 09:19 PM
    KEY² by a significant margin.
    Awesome

Now how about the antenna?
    06-22-18 09:23 PM
    Awesome

Now how about the antenna?
    You want a picture of the antenna?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-18 09:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lol, yeah, in low lighting...haha
    06-22-18 09:31 PM
    Lol, yeah, in low lighting...haha
    Low light picture of an antenna.
    Attached Thumbnails Engadget camera test-1298.jpg  
    06-22-18 09:52 PM
    Do not use HDR mode at night to shot the pic. Most of the time, it will gives blur image if your hand is not steady or there is a moving object in front of the camera. Normal mode will provide a quick and "better" shot. Engadget camera test-mmexport1529722899433.jpgEngadget camera test-img_20171227_1815479.jpg
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-22-18 10:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha!!! Now that is truly funny!
    Last edited by Crusader03; 06-22-18 at 11:07 PM.
    06-22-18 10:31 PM
    The camera is good guys , it’s not great. No complaints with any of the shots I have seen. Better than any BlackBerry camera in the past. The lenes in this device are top notch , but it always comes down to software.
    06-22-18 10:41 PM
    You guys kill me everytime! Such utter bull****! If photography is fractionally your thing, then NO smartphone is adequate! Have you heard of Cannon or Nikon? Those are what you need for great pics, period! Smartphones are ONLY for convenience mediocre pics, period! This is BlackBerry, to be able to take a decent pic is a miracle! But, by all means continue arguing and fanning the tremendous attributes of tiny cameras, barely adequate sensors with almost zero optical enhancement! Lmao!!!
    Are you serious? Your opinion means **** when it's less than 0.05 percent of what everyone else believes. I love your tone, as if it's how everyone thinks. Smh
    06-22-18 10:48 PM
    You guys kill me everytime! Such utter bull****! If photography is fractionally your thing, then NO smartphone is adequate! Have you heard of Cannon or Nikon? Those are what you need for great pics, period! Smartphones are ONLY for convenience mediocre pics, period! This is BlackBerry, to be able to take a decent pic is a miracle! But, by all means continue arguing and fanning the tremendous attributes of tiny cameras, barely adequate sensors with almost zero optical enhancement! Lmao!!!
    You nailed it 100%. I use to think my Lumia 1520 pics were great quality until I opened one pic (taken in RAW) in photoshop on. 27 inch IPS monitor. I then realsied that no smartphone camera is close to even a moderate specced M43 sensored camera with a descent lens.

Smartphone cameras fall into "the camera you have with you" not the best camera you can carry.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    06-22-18 11:00 PM
    You nailed it 100%. I use to think my Lumia 1520 pics were great quality until I opened one pic (taken in RAW) in photoshop on. 27 inch IPS monitor. I then realsied that no smartphone camera is close to even a moderate specced M43 sensored camera with a descent lens.

Smartphone cameras fall into "the camera you have with you" not the best camera you can carry.

Posted via CB10
    Truth! Cheers,
    06-22-18 11:06 PM
    Are you serious? Your opinion means **** when it's less than 0.05 percent of what everyone else believes. I love your tone, as if it's how everyone thinks. Smh
    Sheep my friend! What everyone else believes, that is your answer! Just because most Germans believed Hitler's doctrine, does not make it right! Google WWII if necessary! Cheers and no charge this time! Lol!
    06-22-18 11:14 PM
    Sheep my friend! What everyone else believes, that is your answer! Just because most Germans believed Hitler's doctrine, does not make it right! Google WWII if necessary! Cheers and no charge this time! Lol!
    Really? You are using the Hitler argument? Wanting a good camera on the phone is like believing in Hitler? Looool God help BlackBerry if BlackBerry owners think like you.
    pdr733 likes this.
    06-22-18 11:18 PM
    Really? You are using the Hitler argument? Wanting a good camera on the phone is like believing in Hitler? Looool God help BlackBerry if BlackBerry owners think like you.
    Cheers and God Bless!
    06-22-18 11:21 PM
    Truthfully the Key2 camera seems a bit gimmicky. No one was asking for a dual camera setup on a BlackBerry. It's almost like they stuck an extra lens on there to compensate for something...like an 8" diameter exhaust pipe on a Honda Civic, LOL. Everyone already knows a BlackBerry is never going to be about photography, just like a Honda Civic is never going to be about street racing.

I won't lie...if shots on the K2 aren't much better and all we have are a few new nominally useful features, it's going to be a disappointment. BlackBerry users aren't looking for fluff. The focus for a BlackBerry camera should be a reliable unit that takes good point and shoot pics across a broad range of conditions. Dual camera, portrait mode, and a plethora of manual settings do not save people time. Press the button and 99% of the time you get a decent shot...that's what a BlackBerry camera should be about. Not extra lenses and distractions.
    06-22-18 11:38 PM
    Can someone tell the Sutter speed range on the key2 (manual mode) ? K1 was not able to take pics below 1/2s... and what about ISO range as well ? Thank you !

Posted via CB10
    06-23-18 02:28 AM
    all said, I would pay more for a blackberry that had as good a camera as an iphone. I have owned nikons too but they are too bulky. they dont also use much computor power to process images and that can be important when you dont shoot in raw mode. BlackBerry phones should at least do raw mode so that any photo can be processed.
    06-23-18 07:40 AM
131 1234 ...