Greetings,

I just received an email from Slack saying that the Slack app will no longer work on Android 8.1. It says I need to upgrade to Android 9 to continue using the app.

This will be the first app to stop working on my Key2.

Shane.
    07-02-22 12:29 AM
    Greetings,

I just received an email from Slack saying that the Slack app will no longer work on Android 8.1. It says I need to upgrade to Android 9 to continue using the app.

Shane.
    That's unfortunate. I am sure more are likely. Might be time to consider a new phone. This was one of the reasons I stopped using my KEYone.

Sent from my SM-F711U using CB Forums mobile app
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-02-22 08:18 AM
    Greetings,

Shane.
    That’s shocking. As of now, we’re only using Android 12 and the Android 13 won’t be officially released for probably another 30-60 days. Pure insanity….

Don’t worry your Unihertz Titan Slim Key2 copy/knock-off should be here by then….
    Ph1llip and pdr733 like this.
    07-02-22 08:40 AM
    That’s shocking. As of now, we’re only using Android 12 and the Android 13 won’t be officially released for probably another 30-60 days. Pure insanity….
    07-02-22 08:42 AM
    Greetings,

Shane.
    The End happened six years ago...
    07-02-22 08:43 AM
    Sad, truly.
    07-05-22 03:41 PM
    Greetings,

Shane.
    Well... Does it mean that the app will not open at all or some feature will not be supported instead?
    07-06-22 07:14 AM
    Well... Does it mean that the app will not open at all or some feature will not be supported instead?
    It's most likely that for security reasons, they will shut off older versions server side.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-06-22 07:25 AM
    Likly won't know till this goes into effect... but per their June 8, 2022 System Requirements, their still supporting Android 5.0x. Jump to Android 9 seems... excessive. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/art...OS-and-Android

Of course it is more likly that the OP is using a corporate account that controlled by the company's IT department, and they have selected security settings that requires Android 9 as a minimum. Many of Zoom's higher security features have required the OS to be more "current".
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-06-22 07:28 AM

Don’t worry your Unihertz Titan Slim Key2 copy/knock-off should be here by then….
    When should we expect the Slim II- 5G?

Given the impressive new product development speed at UH... 2023?
    07-06-22 07:35 AM

Product development? They've essentially been reusing all the same parts for the last 3 years.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-06-22 07:39 AM
    Product development? They've essentially been reusing all the same parts for the last 3 years.
    And they seem to be making the same moves as TCL did with BBMo.

Head guy has switched his contact info from Unihertz back to AGold. And patches and updates today... don't match what they started out doing - in fact they aren't even bothering to promise any updates at this point. And their revenues have been on a pretty step decline for a few years, and 2022 is going to be the worst - TickTock, SLIM, and soon the TickTock-E. They might not sell 5K phones total this year.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-06-22 08:13 AM
    Reading this positively, they will likely don't use them again for the next device ...

Anyone will try to survive with the K2 as a daily driver until then??
    It could be challenging near to impossible seeing things like the Slack announcement
    07-06-22 08:17 AM
    Reading this positively, they will likely don't use them again for the next device ...

Anyone will try to survive with the K2 as a daily driver until then??
    It could be challenging near to impossible seeing things like the Slack announcement
    I agree... if they do another PKB sometime, it's likly will be a newer chipset.

Most have moved on from the KEY2... Android 8.1 without updates on a four year old midgrade phone, just isn't what most needed or wanted. Are still some here using them, but nothing like four years ago. And very few view what Unihertz is doing as a viable option. There is a reason they only sold about 2300 units during the Kickstarter.

If your having Slack issues now, waiting another year or more really isn't an option... is it? Slim (or Pocket) is what you need to accept, if it will work in your market and your OK with it. Or move on to a SLAB....

You can hoping that one day "someone" brings a viable PKB to market... but little point in waiting on it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-06-22 08:58 AM
    I agree... if they do another PKB sometime, it's likly will be a newer chipset.

Most have moved on from the KEY2... Android 8.1 without updates on a four year old midgrade phone, just isn't what most needed or wanted. Are still some here using them, but nothing like four years ago. And very few view what Unihertz is doing as a viable option. There is a reason they only sold about 2300 units during the Kickstarter.

If your having Slack issues now, waiting another year or more really isn't an option... is it? Slim (or Pocket) is what you need to accept, if it will work in your market and your OK with it. Or move on to a SLAB....

You can hoping that one day "someone" brings a viable PKB to market... but little point in waiting on it.
    Slack is performing well so far... but Sep 2022 is just there.

The truth is I discarded the Slim due to the still "fully" performing K2, but while things get worst, UH might become an actual option. Here we are...
    07-06-22 11:55 AM

I'm not expecting surplus 5G parts until 2024 so at least 18-24 months out unless something drastically changes.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-06-22 07:28 PM
    Of course it is more likly that the OP is using a corporate account that controlled by the company's IT department, and they have selected security settings that requires Android 9 as a minimum. Many of Zoom's higher security features have required the OS to be more "current".
    I have my own business, so I'm my own IT department.

Shane.
    Last edited by ShaneGoodman; 07-07-22 at 04:17 PM. Reason: spelling error
    07-07-22 04:16 PM
    I have my own business, so I'm my own IT department.

Shane.
    Will your IT department allow your entirety of staff then use of Unihertz Titan models onto corporate networks once executive management has approved?
    Ph1llip likes this.
    07-07-22 07:16 PM
    I'm not expecting surplus 5G parts until 2024 so at least 18-24 months out unless something drastically changes.
    They recently release the TickTock-E, and "update" from the phone they released at the first of the year.... main difference, is they dropped 5G capabilities and a $100 - $150 from the sticker price.

They have hinted at a new Titan PKB phone in the works.... but even if it had a 5G capable chipset, I wouldn't count on it working in every market, especially mmWave bands.
    10-17-22 02:12 PM

They have hinted at a new Titan PKB phone in the works.... .
    When did I miss this lol
    10-20-22 08:28 AM