Download an app in the Google Play Store called “QuickShortCutMaker”. Once downloaded, open it and you will click the “Activites” tab. Scroll down to the section that says “Phone Services” click it. Now scroll down and click on “Wi-Fi Calling”. You will then click on “Try”. It will bring up the “Wi-Fi Calling” section. There you can flip the switch to turn on Wi-Fi Calling. Interestingly, with this option you get the wifi phone icon at the top and when you make a call you get the “congrats on first wifi call” message. This will inform you that it is working.

I have no clue why this was disabled. This is bad on blackberry's side.
    rarsen likes this.
    08-25-18 05:12 PM
    Unfortunately it's not working for me (mintmobile) in USA to think I had this feature working on my PP with the same carrier
    08-25-18 08:26 PM
    It really doesn't make a difference because I can use WhatsApp or messenger where I don't have reception. However, it's annoying knowing you have the option yet you don't!! I called mintmobile.com they activated it and everything but the phone is not on their list oddly enough they have a plethora of Alcatel phones on the list and even the PRIV.
    08-25-18 08:32 PM
    This problem is becoming more of a carrier issue. I’m still fighting with AT&T for WiFi calling and it’s a carrier locked and sold AT&T device.
    jfalkingham likes this.
    08-25-18 08:37 PM
    I have t-mobile and it is working.
    08-25-18 08:57 PM
    This problem is becoming more of a carrier issue. I’m still fighting with AT&T for WiFi calling and it’s a carrier locked and sold AT&T device.
    It's nonsense!!
    08-25-18 09:01 PM
    Yeah Tmobile works fine, mintsim piggybacks off of them you would think it'll work but no!
    jfalkingham likes this.
    08-25-18 09:03 PM
    Are you in the USA on T Mobile? If so, is your build number ABE 181 ?
    08-25-18 09:25 PM
    It isn't working now, it did before. I might have it working, unsure.

Try this ...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.wifi.calling
    08-25-18 09:30 PM
    I am working on the issue. I think it might be a permission issue. unsure right now. Anyways I found a setting called "Bypass Tethering Entitlement Check". This bypasses the check to see if you pay for tethering, and I think it also bypasses any limits with tethering over wifi.

Use the first app I talked about and click on "ARDA" => "First Option" => "Try" => "Data Services & Networking" => "Bypass Tethering Entitlement Check".

This has been untested. More test are needed.
    08-25-18 10:27 PM
    I've tried some things through ARDA without luck on t mobile. Be cautious in that menu you can break a lot. There is a setting to restore default modem settings if something were to go wrong.
    08-26-18 07:17 AM
    If you're on T-mo and have never had wifi-calling before, don't forget to setup a 911 number on your t-mo profile or the service may not work.

It's working on Motion and Key1 (T-Mo).
    jfalkingham likes this.
    08-26-18 07:34 AM
    tried. not working on Rogers key2
    rarsen likes this.
    08-26-18 08:54 AM
    I've tried some things through ARDA without luck on t mobile. Be cautious in that menu you can break a lot. There is a setting to restore default modem settings if something were to go wrong.
    I know that. I am a big tech geek.
    08-26-18 08:58 AM
    Excellent. Did come off a little preachy sorry. Just broke some stuff myself and that reset fixed any issues. Let us know if you have any luck thanks!
    08-26-18 09:52 AM
    Excellent. Did come off a little preachy sorry. Just broke some stuff myself and that reset fixed any issues. Let us know if you have any luck thanks!
    Relax jcrutchvt2010 ... anytime I’ve seen you here, it’s attempting to be helpful and you’re far more successful than I am on tech side of things.

Now that I think about it, usually, I’m just stirring the pot..... Carry on !!!!!
    hamilgs likes this.
    08-26-18 10:48 AM
    Tried with no luck on an unlocked Key2 from Amazon with AT&T.
    08-26-18 02:16 PM
    Did you use OP's above mentioned app to get it on T-Mobile or did you get it working without that? T-Mobile user here. Wi-fi works on my KEYone without any apps etc. That is a very useful feature for me to have on my phone.
    04-19-19 08:32 PM
    u need to flash just the modem to the first os release... u can do this with fastboot after you get the right modem for your model. then this plus qsm enables wifi calling. I just did it.
    04-19-19 08:46 PM
    As has been mentioned in the past, for T-Mo USA you can install "Digits" and will give you same capabilities, plus. Worth trying. I like it and my Motion can get regular WFC.
    04-20-19 09:01 AM
    I literally just got a key2 dual Sim from the uk and it updated to the newest os on startup. I'm in the US and on tmobile. I went through all the arda and qsm menu settings. Ims and volte worked out of the box. Wifi calling worked the second I flashed the original os release modem. I'm pretty sure that + using qsm to turn wifi calling on every reboot is the current solve for tmobile USA + wfc
    04-22-19 09:06 PM
    Does QuickShortCutMaker work on the Key2 LE?
    06-24-19 02:20 PM
    Does QuickShortCutMaker work on the Key2 LE?
    Yes it'll work on any Android phone. But there's no guarantee that it'll enable Wi-Fi calling on the carriers end
    06-24-19 06:08 PM
    Even though BB KEY2 is announced on Bell Canada as compatible for Wi-Fi Calling, they are incapable to provision it on mine. Anyone else was able to have it operating with that carrier, or any other carrier in Canada?
    06-25-19 07:48 AM
    It's nonsense!!
    I spoke with two reps earlier today and both have confirmed that AT&T does not support Wi-Fi calling for the KeyTwo and has no information as to the future intent. That is code for, "we won't support it so 'eff you' customer".
    08-04-19 01:56 AM
36 12