Hi Folks,

A friend of mine has a Microsoft 365 account set up in his Key2 HUB+ account. All of a sudden his options to Sync Email completely disappeared from the Account Settings. None of his email contents are available to view in the Hub now either.

He is very stressed about removing and re-adding the account as he has a specific email signature and auto-responses that take him a ton of time to re-create.

Any suggestions?

TIA
    11-14-21 03:07 PM
    Hi Folks,

A friend of mine has a Microsoft 365 account set up in his Key2 HUB+ account. All of a sudden his options to Sync Email completely disappeared from the Account Settings. None of his email contents are available to view in the Hub now either.

He is very stressed about removing and re-adding the account as he has a specific email signature and auto-responses that take him a ton of time to re-create.

Any suggestions?

TIA
    Likely needs an app-specific password for the MS account.
    11-14-21 06:33 PM
    Likely needs an app-specific password for the MS account.
    It does
    11-15-21 08:20 AM
    Hi Folks,

Any suggestions?

TIA
    Sadly HUB+ is not really being updated and kept current in any meaningful way. While should be able to setup a device specific password - unless it's a corporate account and IT blocked this less secure feature. If he needs a long term solution that would require him starting all over now... and then again whenever something else becomes too outdated. He needs to switch to something that is under active development.
    11-15-21 08:57 AM
    For a Microsoft 365 account, it's also possible that the security settings were changed by an administrator to prohibit 3rd party apps from connecting with MS Exchange. This is now the default setting in the admin panel and a recommended control in many cyber risk advisories. In some cases it's insurance companies won't even issue a policy to organizations who don't enable such controls.

As much as I live the BB10 Hub (and allow it to connect to my own hosted Exchange accounts) I can't fault info security folks for wanting to reduce their organization's attack surface.

If this is the case, it's worth a quick request to the admin. It might not be a problem to turn it back on.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-21 12:04 PM