Sackharry here I just got the new key2 quite impressed..

For some reason I'm getting duplicate contacts in the phone app and also in the text message app when I hit compose message it shows duplicate contacts. Even when I go to texts/call log though bb hub it shows duplicates..

however when I go to the actual contacts app it doesn't have any of the duplicates.. anyone know how to fix this
    10-24-18 04:01 PM
    I think for some reason it displays contacts for all accounts (including Whatsapp etc) when used in Phone or Text applications.
    10-24-18 04:50 PM
    I had this issue, in fact I had triple contacts. I thi nk two were coming from one account and one from a second. I'm not sure if it was because the account was added in both Google and the hub or if it was because I turned off the contact sync after the account was synced the first time.

I turned off the gmail account for the one and only have it associated with the hub. For the second one, I removed it and readded it, and made sure to deselect the contact and calendar sync during the set up process.

I also had some local contacts that were imported from my passport. When I initially set it up I selected to sync the account with Google, so those were showing up as local contacts and Google contacts. After verifying Google had indeed copied them into my Gmail contacts, I just deleted all my local ones.
    10-31-18 08:23 PM
    In the Contacts App settings you can select which accounts to show or hide... I was showing duplicate contacts from BBM and WhatsApp until I unselected them.

Now I show only the contacts that are saved to my Gmail account.

Bob
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    10-31-18 08:54 PM
    What you suggested worked to stop them from showing up as duplicates in the contact app, but when doing a device search or typing a message I was presented with duplicates of the same contact from which to choose.
    10-31-18 09:39 PM
    Any resolution to this? I also have duplicates in the phone app. Previously i had duplicates in my contacts app as well, but I merged those a week ago; yet the phone app still has duplicates.

It's especially problematic when I try to send a WhatsApp message to my wife via Android Auto and it asks me which one...it just goes around in circles because it's the same name (obviously). I didn't have this issue on my S7.
    07-17-19 01:40 PM
    What you suggested worked to stop them from showing up as duplicates in the contact app, but when doing a device search or typing a message I was presented with duplicates of the same contact from which to choose.
    Happens in my car more than anywhere else. Seriously annoying. BlackBerry needs to get that sorted. Rest assured you aren't an isolated instance and this has been happening for me since the Priv!
    07-17-19 04:27 PM
    You an try this:
    contacts app- settings- contact management (don't know how it is exactly named in English) - doubled entries
    than link all the doubled ones.
    07-17-19 06:54 PM
    You an try this:
    contacts app- settings- contact management (don't know how it is exactly named in English) - doubled entries
    than link all the doubled ones.
    Did this, but it only works within the Contacts app. It still leaves duplicate contacts within the Phone app.
    07-17-19 07:48 PM
    Did this, but it only works within the Contacts app. It still leaves duplicate contacts within the Phone app.
    Had the same problem with my key1.
    Deleted all accounts with contact sync. 32sec reboot. Than I added the accounts again, of course only one with contact sync.
    Last edited by joergbrandt; 07-18-19 at 03:20 AM.
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    07-17-19 08:20 PM
    I too have this problem especially in the car. when I want to make a call. I say the name and a few lines will appear on the car screen asking me to choose a number to dial and if I say number one for example it will say ,no number stored. Very annoying
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    07-18-19 06:30 AM
    Any resolution to this? I also have duplicates in the phone app. Previously i had duplicates in my contacts app as well, but I merged those a week ago; yet the phone app still has duplicates.

It's especially problematic when I try to send a WhatsApp message to my wife via Android Auto and it asks me which one...it just goes around in circles because it's the same name (obviously). I didn't have this issue on my S7.
    First from which email account you want to keep the contact.
    Delete all the account you don't want to keep the contact from. Reinstall BUT make sure you untick the sync contact selection.
    It will remove ALL the duplicate contacts from several emails contacts.
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    07-19-19 08:59 AM
    had the same problem. here is what worked for. me: 1. allow all accounts in the contact app 2. go and find duplicates 3. link them all. if you install a new app which has access to contacts you need to repeat linking. phone and contacts are the worst apps I have ever seen but still better then any other option
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    07-20-19 11:55 AM