I have used the Duplicates Function in Contact Management but it is not very effective and I have many remaining duplicates. For example,

a. I have three contacts listed for one person
    b. Each contact has exactly the same information
    c. Two of those contacts have the same icon color for B (the person's name starts with a 'B', but the 3rd has a different color

I have my whatsapp, outlook and google email account contacts all displayed in my custom view.

I had the same issue with another contact, and I tried deleting two of them, but then all 3 were deleted.

Very frustrating.

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem (eliminating duplicates/triplicates) appreciated.

Thank you
    07-23-19 10:23 PM
    I had this too, its a Google thing. delete the last two and the first should stay try it on one.
    07-24-19 09:46 AM
    Does "join" function can not help? You may combine two or three contact in one.
    07-24-19 11:18 AM
    Be careful deleting contacts. Some may have been created using another service like Google or your email account or even a local contact. If that is the case you might be deleting information you need for that particular person. I suggest making sure you have all the necessary information backed up before you start deleting contacts. I have had multiple devices over the years and for some reason, depending on what device I was using, the default contact storage was different each time. It's a long process but take the time to consolidate your contacts to one account and make sure to save any new ones to the same account you plan on using regardless what phone you may have at the moment. Good luck
    07-31-19 06:34 AM
    Some of my contacts have been duplicated a dozen times, the join function doesn’t work. Frustrating doesn’t describe it!
    09-23-19 05:37 AM
    Why do you need 2 or 3 accounts that have your contacts to sync/restore them back to your contacts app?

Pick one account and let that one be the main source.

Personally, I don't allow Outlook or Gmail... to have access to my contacts. I use the local save method and backup my contacts every so often to my SD card and I also keep the files on an external device.
    GoGoGoose and nevilleadaniels like this.
    09-23-19 11:19 AM