Hey Guys,

I am interested in getting the Dual Sim Key2, just want to know if anyone has had any experience with Dual Sim and Blackberry - as they UK ones never seem to release a Dual Sim Version, but for me it would make so much sense (as i currently have 2 x KeyOnes) which is a pain.

My main question is :
    How will apps that require sim registration work- I.e. Whatsapp?
    Data Usage? - Would you be able to say which Sim to use data from? (i have 2GB allowance on 1 and 8GB allowance on the other..)

My Assumptions about the rest are:
    - Incoming Telephone calls will indicate (incomming Line 1, Incomming Line 2)
    - Outgoing Telephone Calls will give the options (Line 1, Line 2)
    - There ISNT going to be 2 different profiles - i.e. Profile 1 linked to Sim 1 (has its own set of apps and programs) - Profile 2 Linked to Sim 2 - (Has different set of apps and programs)

Not to concerned about E-mail accounts as, these have no relevence to Cellular Line - only data..

So Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Kelvin Choi and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    06-19-18 01:35 PM
    I'm curious about this too - I hope somebody with experience will reply ✓
    Kelvin Choi likes this.
    06-19-18 01:46 PM
    Will the dual sim version be available in the UK? If not could one from another country be used?
    06-19-18 02:18 PM
    It doesnt seem to be on any pre-orders - which is odd as the european counterparts are showing it..
    06-20-18 09:20 AM
    Hey Guys,

I am interested in getting the Dual Sim Key2, just want to know if anyone has had any experience with Dual Sim and Blackberry - as they UK ones never seem to release a Dual Sim Version, but for me it would make so much sense (as i currently have 2 x KeyOnes) which is a pain.

My main question is :
    Data Usage? - Would you be able to say which Sim to use data from? (i have 2GB allowance on 1 and 8GB allowance on the other..)

- There ISNT going to be 2 different profiles - i.e. Profile 1 linked to Sim 1 (has its own set of apps and programs) - Profile 2 Linked to Sim 2 - (Has different set of apps and programs)

Not to concerned about E-mail accounts as, these have no relevence to Cellular Line - only data..

Yea, I'm interested in knowing if we can have dual whatsapp and etc as well. Some companies offer them stock while others say you can download apps to clone and etc. Heard people saying that the cloned whatsapp will have issues tho if it is not stock from the manufacturers. Curious to find out more about this.
    06-20-18 11:14 AM
    Hey Guys,

My main question is :

You can select preferred sim for call and data in settings.,
    Yes incoming calls will mention sim numbe( sim 1 or sim 2)or network name...

Whatsapp will ask for mobile number before registration so you can enter accordingly.
    06-20-18 11:36 AM
    I am afraid you can use only one WhatsApp... because you can not have two instances from the same app on one device.
    (Yes, I am aware there are tools to achieve this, but not without some third party apps)
    ...and yes I am currently typing it from a dual-sim KeyOne.
    06-20-18 01:13 PM
    I am afraid you can use only one WhatsApp... because you can not have two instances from the same app on one device.
    (Yes, I am aware there are tools to achieve this, but not without some third party apps)
    Are you using a dual sim in the UK?
    06-20-18 01:23 PM
    I love having two whatsapp
    06-20-18 03:56 PM
    With a dual sim device you can use whatsapp and whatsapp business at the same time.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    06-20-18 05:14 PM
    That is correct, Whatsapp for Biz uses a separate number if warranted, therefore that together with the regular Whatsapp will allow 2 number use. However, note that Whatsapp for Business will not work on Android Auto.

All this said.... I wonder if the Dual-SIM version will work in the U.S. this time around since it's actually produced by TCL. The firmware on the Dual SIM KeyOne from India did not allow WiFi Calling or Voice over LTE to work in the States.
    06-20-18 06:04 PM
    Or you can use telegram and just have separate profiles
    06-20-18 06:16 PM
    We’ve yet to find out whether the dual SIM KeyTwo suffers from the same problem as its predecessor: no WiFi calling or voice over LTE.
    06-20-18 07:05 PM
    No one mentions that it's a dual-sim standby not active which to my understanding won't work very well in the scenario where you have selected Sim1 as your main for calls (in/out) and someone calls you on Sim2, understood that it will go to voicemail? if that's true, it's solvable by forwarding the calls to Sim1 but my curiosity is what about texts?

Asking as also using 2 devices in the UK and I'm planning to get the German dual-sim if they won't bring it locally.

Thanks in advance.
    06-21-18 12:43 AM
    Main sim or not you will receive call on both. Even when you are on a call you will receive call on second sim same as call waiting option.
    06-21-18 01:14 AM
    Are you using a dual sim in the UK?
    Nope. In Hungary.
    06-21-18 01:31 AM
    I just need to what market I can purchase the dual sim from as I'm in the States so so far is looking like Germany for me as well. Unless they do like last time and prohibit international shipping outside of the country or market.
    06-21-18 11:23 AM
    Sure you can. You just need multiple Google Accounts/play stores. One may need to be Android for Work, but it's inexpensive to set up a work domain and email through GSUITE.

I have two versions of several apps on my phone. The work ones have a briefcase icon. With dual SIMs I could use the same phone for work and personal with as many duplicate apps as I need to segregate the data.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Ecm and uaegangster111 like this.
    06-21-18 11:31 AM
    Sure you can. You just need multiple Google Accounts/play stores. One may need to be Android for Work, but it's inexpensive to set up a work domain and email through GSUITE.

I have two versions of several apps on my phone. The work ones have a briefcase icon. With dual SIMs I could use the same phone for work and personal with as many duplicate apps as I need to segregate the data.

...and that is not for everyone.
    That's what I ment.
    06-21-18 11:34 AM
    ...and that is not for everyone.
    That's what I ment.
    Fair enough. The whole point bis to maintain completely separate data.

Pistooli likes this.
    06-21-18 11:38 AM

Do you mind explaining how it works? I would love to have dual whatsapp and other apps on the keytwo when I get it!
    06-21-18 01:01 PM
    Do you mind explaining how it works? I would love to have dual whatsapp and other apps on the keytwo when I get it!
    By dual WhatsApp do you mean two different accounts or the same account on two phone numbers? The first is easy, the second may not be possible. I'm not a WhatsApp user, so I don't know.

Web:
    1. Subscribe to GSUITE.
    2. Add Google as your EMM provider.
    3. Whitelist allowed apps.

Device:
    4. Download Google Apps device policy
    5. Set up Android device on the policy
    6. Install apps using your EMM managed account.

To find resources online, search for Google Mobile Management.

06-21-18 01:47 PM
    Interested in dual sim in US, so long as it works with ATT of course.
    06-21-18 06:43 PM
    Interested in dual sim in US, so long as it works with ATT of course.
    Good luck with that

Posted via CB10
    06-21-18 11:03 PM
    By dual WhatsApp do you mean two different accounts or the same account on two phone numbers? The first is easy, the second may not be possible. I'm not a WhatsApp user, so I don't know.

Web:
    1. Subscribe to GSUITE.
    2. Add Google as your EMM provider.
    3. Whitelist allowed apps.

Device:
    4. Download Google Apps device policy
    5. Set up Android device on the policy
    6. Install apps using your EMM managed account.

To find resources online, search for Google Mobile Management.

Thanks, I want to have 2 whatsapps with different numbers and also 2 different wechat accounts on the same phone. Are there any issues that you know of about running 2 of each app? I just googled Google Mobile Management, will try it out when I get the phone, does it work well? Are there any known issues with running 2 whatsapps/wechats like i mentioned above?
    06-22-18 01:22 AM
39 12