I recently started to use WhatsApp as dual app, and I am loving it! Now I wonder if any other apps can also be supported.

In particular, I am thinking about app like yammer. Is dual app something the developer allows or is this a BlackBerry offered feature? If BlackBerry offered, then how can we request to have a app considered for this feature?
    11-06-18 10:49 AM
    I recently started to use WhatsApp as dual app, and I am loving it! Now I wonder if any other apps can also be supported.

In particular, I am thinking about app like yammer. Is dual app something the developer allows or is this a BlackBerry offered feature? If BlackBerry offered, then how can we request to have a app considered for this feature?
    U need another sim for this , don't u?
    11-06-18 11:07 AM

It's offered and implemented by BlackBerry Mobile and not all apps will work, hence the limited availability.
    11-06-18 03:07 PM
    It's offered and implemented by BlackBerry Mobile and not all apps will work, hence the limited availability.
    In another thread, someone said Samsung also supported it. So isn't it an Android feature then?
    11-06-18 04:21 PM
    In another thread, someone said Samsung also supported it. So isn't it an Android feature then?
    Not at all. Android tools through their SDK actively work against the implementation. It's not an 'Android' thing, it's an OEM thing.
    11-06-18 04:22 PM
    I have a Samsung and a Pixel besides my Key2. It works fully on Samsung to include most every app. The feature doesn't exist on my pixel. So BB must be doing it.
    11-07-18 05:29 PM
    As far as I can tell, it isnt BB or BB mobile.

It's produced by LBE tech and they have an app called Parellel space on Google play.

I have privacy concerns over this application. It appears to use modified versions of the applications it supports (ie, whatsapp clone has different permissions than official whatsapp).

In addition, the Dual app service on my key 2 has been constantly trying to ping facebook social graph.

I tested a clone whatsapp. All the connections run through the Dual app service. In addition to whatsapp servers, it also communicates with LBE tech and Google.

So it appears that these clone apps are not pure clones.

Additionally, cloned verions of whatsapp, wechat, qq and weibo have been installed in a disabled state on my device. I do not want any of those applications sitting on my device, disabled or not.

Not cool BB mobile.
    11-12-18 05:25 PM
    I use Island on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Same developer as Greenify.

Cool thing is that I have my VPN always running on one side of my device.
    11-12-18 05:58 PM
    I have privacy concerns over this application. It appears to use modified versions of the applications it supports (ie, whatsapp clone has different permissions than official whatsapp).

In addition, the Dual app service on my key 2 has been constantly trying to ping facebook social graph.
    It doesn't just ping, it hammers the "graph.facebook[.]com" domain, both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, with an occasional callout to "an.facebook[.]com" as well. And that's if you're not even using the service. As a result, I've blocked Dual-Apps' network access using NetGuard since I don't need a feature like this. No ill effects seen thus far. i wish I could disable it entirely, as it keeps two background services running (AppInstallService and KeepAliveService).
    11-13-18 10:57 AM
    Dual apps? What is this about?
    I don't have this on my dual SIM key-one. Was this part of some recent software update only for the Key2 dual sim?
    11-13-18 01:55 PM
    sorry may I ask what does this mean in "lamen terms". I have dual apps and 2 sims. and use whatsapp as a dual app. Not messenger though
    11-14-18 03:24 PM