Hi.
    Anyone here has experience with the dual apps function that allows to run multi-instances of applications like WhatsApp? Samsung build this into their Note 8 e.g.
    This function is available on support side, but not for end users. When this will be available for end users? I don't want to use 3rd party app for doing this.

Cheers
    Nik
    07-23-18 08:14 AM
    I don't think they will make it available soon/for this model
    I have key1 dual sim and is same, no dual apps but I used a third party whatsapp for 1 year without any issues
    there are lots of paralel apps but notifications are not great and battery consumption issue so not great
    07-23-18 08:58 AM
    I have key1 dual sim and is same, no dual apps but I used a third party whatsapp for 1 year without any issues
    there are lots of paralel apps but notifications are not great and battery consumption issue so not great
    Thanks for your feedback.
    Support told me on my request, that this will be available latest November.
    I mean it's really annoying, bringing this mobile with dual sim and no dual app support in standard.
    :-(
    And funny part, the solution they gave to me where exactly the dual apps function. Which is available on the supporters BlackBerry but not for public.
    Then they realized it's not delivered to end user.

That makes me really angry ..

Best regards
    Nik
    07-23-18 10:46 AM
    Funny, I just commented on that a second ago in another thread:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13242065

Here's more info on the subject matter:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ature-1147837/

Hi.
    Anyone here has experience with the dual apps function that allows to run multi-instances of applications like WhatsApp? Samsung build this into their Note 8 e.g.
    This function is available on support side, but not for end users. When this will be available for end users? I don't want to use 3rd party app for doing this.

Cheers
    Nik
    I don't get it, you ask if somebody has experience with something and then acknowledge that it isn't available. Then how can somebody have experience with it?
    Also, what do you even mean with: "available on the support side, but not for end users"?

What is third party whatsapp?

Thanks for your feedback.
    Support told me on my request, that this will be available latest November.
    I mean it's really annoying, bringing this mobile with dual sim and no dual app support in standard.
    :-(
    And funny part, the solution they gave to me where exactly the dual apps function. Which is available on the supporters BlackBerry but not for public.
    Then they realized it's not delivered to end user.

That makes me really angry ..

Best regards
    Nik
    You ask people when it will be available in your first post, but then answer your question in your second post LOL.

You feel frustrated that it isn't available on the Key2, what do you think the users of previous dual-SIM blackBerry's. They are waiting like two years now for a dual clone function LOL. As to your second paragraph, I don't even know what you say....

Anyway, if it is true what you say, that TCL/BB will support a native/built-in dual clone feature with a November software update then that's very nice to hear. Hope they'll also release it for current dual-SIM (Indian) key1 owners.
    Last edited by WT44; 07-23-18 at 12:12 PM.
    07-23-18 11:51 AM
    Funny, I just commented on that a second ago in another thread:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13242065

Here's more info on the subject matter:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ature-1147837/

I don't get it, you ask if somebody has experience with something and then acknowledge that it isn't available. Then how can somebody have experience with it?
    Also, what do you even mean with: "available on the support side, but not for end users"?

What is third party whatsapp?

You ask people when it will be available in your first post, but then answer your question in your second post LOL.

You feel frustrated that it isn't available on the Key2, what do you think the users of previous dual-SIM blackBerry's. They are waiting like two years now for a dual clone function LOL. As to your second paragraph, I don't even know what you say....

Anyway, if it is true what you say, that TCL/BB will support a native/built-in dual clone feature with a November software update then that's very nice to hear. Hope they'll also release it for current dual-SIM (Indian) key1 owners.
    First of all. I asked if anyone had experience with the dual apps feature. This was given to me on request at support as a solution to my problem of wanting to use two Whatsapp for two Sim. This is a standard function they told me and I should turn it on via the menu. Afterwards I got the feedback, after I sent photos, that this function is not available to me, that it is planned to be submitted later and is already available only on the devices of the support.

The fact is that the BBkey2 is not able to run at least currently two instances of the same application. This should be a standard feature for a phone with TWO Sim cards. Other manufacturers can also do this in the standard delivery. Blackberry should be able to if you want to keep competing. Otherwise I am of the opinion that one should rather not offer Dual Sim devices if such a function is missing.

Nik
    07-23-18 04:40 PM
    First of all. I asked if anyone had experience with the dual apps feature. This was given to me on request at support as a solution to my problem of wanting to use two Whatsapp for two Sim. This is a standard function they told me and I should turn it on via the menu. Afterwards I got the feedback, after I sent photos, that this function is not available to me, that it is planned to be submitted later and is already available only on the devices of the support.

The fact is that the BBkey2 is not able to run at least currently two instances of the same application. This should be a standard feature for a phone with TWO Sim cards. Other manufacturers can also do this in the standard delivery. Blackberry should be able to if you want to keep competing. Otherwise I am of the opinion that one should rather not offer Dual Sim devices if such a function is missing.

Nik
    Ah, now I understand.

Firstly, there are very few guys rocking a dual-SIM bb on CrackBerry. So, that's why you will probably get very few responses for your inquiries. Most dual-SIM owners won't be European/American/Canadian (since that phone was officially only released in India), but Indians; they are predominantly posting in a whole different part of the forum, in this thread: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...1/index14.html

Secondly, I feel that of these K1 dual-SIM owners very few keep busy with this clone feature or even know about it. Never really read anything about guys missing that function or even talking about it after all this time that the Indian K1 was released.
    Possibly, they don't even know about a built-in/native clone function that other phone builders offer. I didn't know about it either until I posted about it (never had a dual-SIM phone before). So more likely that nobody would think of even asking support (like you did) if they can make that feature available for them (especially also due to Optiemus' non-responsiveness as mentioned on the last page of the Indian K1 thread).

You know there is one good thing about your experiences though. This is the first time we hear about anyone actually having some sort of native clone feature on their Dual-SIM BB device. So we now have a confirmation that it exists and that it is coming somewhere around about November, like you said. So thanks for that, especially since we couldn't expect to get get a conformation/response from Optiemus/TCL/BB anyways, if we would've asked. Official responses in my thread about the subject-matter weren't to expected (of course!).

@thurask will be happy to hear that he was right.

And yes, you are right topicstarter. In hindsight, this built-in clone function should have made available from day 1 on the K1.

BTW, where can I ask support to give me this feature too? What did they send you upon your request? They send you some sort of app apk via e-mail? Maybe you can upload it somewhere and post the link here so that we can check it out too (even if it doesn't fully work yet, we can at least check it out). Maybe it'll also work on K1 with Nougat.

Did your clone feature allowed to download the Google Play Store twice also?

Have you bought your K2 device in the EU store of blackberrymobile?
    Last edited by WT44; 07-24-18 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Grammar.
    07-23-18 05:46 PM
    Ah, now I understand.

Firstly, there are very few guys rocking a dual-SIM bb on CrackBerry. So, that's why you will probably get very few responses for your inquiries. Most dual-SIM owners won't be European/American/Canadian (since that phone was officially only released in India), but Indians; they are predominantly posting in a whole different part of the forum, in this thread: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...1/index14.html

Secondly, I feel that of these K1 dual-SIM owners very few keep busy with this clone feature or even know about it. Never really read anything about guys missing that function or even talking about it after all this time that the Indian K1 was released.
    Possibly, they don't even know about a built-in/native clone function that other phone builders offer. I didn't know about it either until I posted about it (never had a dual-SIM phone before). So more likely that nobody would think of even asking support (like you did) if they can make that feature available for them (especially also due to Optiemus' non-responsiveness as mentioned on the last page of the Indian K1 thread).

You know there is one good thing about your experiences though. This is the first time we hear about anyone actually having some sort of native clone feature on their Dual-SIM BB device. So we now have a confirmation that it exists and that it is coming somewhere around about November, like you said. So thanks for that, especially since we couldn't expect to get get a conformation/response from Optiemus/TCL/BB anyways, if we would've asked. Official responses in my thread about the subject-matter weren't to expected (of course!).

@thurask will be happy to hear that he was right.

And yes, you are right topicstarter. In hindsight, this built-in clone function should have made available from day 1 on the K1.

BTW, where can I ask support to give me this feature too? What did they send you upon your request? They send you some sort of app apk via e-mail? Maybe you can upload it somewhere and post the link here so that we can check it out too (even if it doesn't fully work yet, we can at least check it out). Maybe it'll also work on K1 with Nougat.

Did your clone feature allowed to download the Google Play Store twice also?

Have you bought your K2 device in the EU store of blackberrymobile?
    Support does not release this as a single feature. It will be part of an update. That's what I would understand. I bought the device from Mediamarkt in Germany at the end of June. It was available as 128GB Dual Sim.

I was able to order the device for the release date and got it promptly. I was very surprised, too.

Cherrs
    Nik
    07-26-18 05:12 AM
    This is one of the features that made me choose the Key 2 dual SIM and it’s not there (I assumed it would be there like on Samsung Note 8 and S9+ dual SIM). I’m very disappointed and now have to keep using the S9+ (4G dual sim standby).
    07-26-18 06:04 PM
    This is one of the features that made me choose the Key 2 dual SIM and it’s not there (I assumed it would be there like on Samsung Note 8 and S9+ dual SIM). I’m very disappointed and now have to keep using the S9+ (4G dual sim standby).
    Hi,

you're just like me. I'm using my N8 as long as I can. I'm very disappointed, too.

Nik
    08-02-18 05:49 AM
    Why third party whatsapp? You can use business whatsapp as second whatsapp
    08-02-18 10:34 AM
    Hi.

Cheers
    Nik
    Hi Nick, I am currently in Pakistan, and I am using Key2 dual sim 128gb, Android 8.1.0 since August 2018. It does have Dual Apps (under "Settings", "Apps and Notifications", then "Dual Apps". But the apps are limited, that is, it has only three, WHATSAPP, MESSENGER AND INSTAGRAM, whereas, Note 8 had SKYPE and BBM as well. I was using SKYPE and BBM cloned apps, which I miss them in Key2 Dual Sim. I hope soon in the future on its new update BlackBerry will bring those two apps too.
    01-12-19 03:00 AM