Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hello to the forum

Has anyone any idea why I am getting this DTEK poor indication ? I haven't install anything outside the store or any shady apps. I did a malwarebytes scan which seems to be a good antivirus and is says all clean after the scan. Any ideas ?

Thank you
    08-09-18 02:37 AM
    Hello to the forum

Has anyone any idea why I am getting this DTEK poor indication ? I haven't install anything outside the store or any shady apps. I did a malwarebytes scan which seems to be a good antivirus and is says all clean after the scan. Any ideas ?

Thank you
    Look for any Yellow or Red shields when you open up DTEK. It will tell you what's wrong.
    08-09-18 06:53 AM
    Hello to the forum

Thank you
    Data encryption and lock screen are usually the culprits. Open DTEK, click on system. However, I am sure recommendations will be staring you in the face.

BlackBerry since 2006. Passport and KEYone
    08-09-18 08:11 AM
    hello

thank you all for your quick response's

the only recommendation I get is to factory reset the phone
    08-09-18 08:19 AM
    Only one red shield
    08-09-18 09:37 AM
    Only one red shield I get saying my operating system is compromised
    08-09-18 09:38 AM
    That happened to me a few months back when I accessed a hidden screen to view the manufacturer date. I had to reset to factory.
    08-09-18 09:59 AM
    a hidden screen? how did you do that? did you make a screenshot?
    08-10-18 02:58 PM
    Will be something like those codes, but beware this could really one way to trigger DTEK saying that OS is compromised:
    https://www.androidinfotech.com/2016...facturing.html

@billskg : if you are pretty sure you didn't install an app that could do some comprehensive system changes or did not try some of those codes lately, perhaps this error is fixed with the next DTEK update which was already several times that case.

In my case I just ignored the error for two updates of DTEK before it was gone by bugfixing DTEK which saved my from the troubles of factory reset and especially re-setting up the device again. But it's everyone ones own feeling of safety.

Just search for "compromised dtek" or "poor dtek" and you will find plenty of threads here.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 08-10-18 at 05:23 PM.
    kristofszucs likes this.
    08-10-18 05:11 PM
    Will be something like those codes, but beware this could really one way to trigger DTEK saying that OS is compromised:
    https://www.androidinfotech.com/2016...facturing.html

@billskg : if you are pretty sure you didn't install an app that could do some comprehensive system changes or did not try some of those codes lately, perhaps this error is fixed with the next DTEK update which was already several times that case.

In my case I just ignored the error for two updates of DTEK before it was gone by bugfixing DTEK which saved my from the troubles of factory reset and especially re-setting up the device again. But it's everyone ones own feeling of safety.

Just search for "compromised dtek" or "poor dtek" and you will find plenty of threads here.
    Tks Gizmo. I couldn't find it. As I mentioned, I had to factory reset mine after accessing that screen. Wasn't worth it. I couldn't ignore it as my corporate email won't work if DTEK is compromised, or it stopped working at the exact same time I received the DTEK failure.
    08-10-18 06:22 PM
    hhm hope we don't have another DTEK "false positive wave" coming in:
    /blackberry-priv-f440/dtek-reports-poor-status-1153600/#post13255655

and here:

/blackberry-aurora-f463/operating-system-integrity-1153544/#post13254758

Or is there some hype app wrecking the OS?
    08-12-18 05:59 PM
    I had installed the app named devcheck to check temperatures I did uninstall it and rested the phone but the red shield is still there
    08-13-18 03:53 AM
    If you are on Priv, there is a known issue that causes OS Integrity to go to Poor. turning on airplane mode, restarting, and turning airplane mode off should resolve it.
    If it is another device, it watch for next release of DTEK.
    thx
    Robert
    gizmo21 likes this.
    08-15-18 01:56 PM
    Over the last week, DTEK on my BlackBerry KEYone Black Edition phone has said, "The integrity of the operating system has been compromised." It has also had a "Poor" device status. Have a similar issue on my BlackBerry KEY2. Does this mean both are actually compromised or is this an issue with DTEK? Two of my colleagues have similar issues. Thank you.
    02-08-19 12:45 PM
    mine is excellent Except for a yellow sheild for security patch outdated! Dec and now Feb... gee dtek want to contact bbmobile for me.. thanks a bunch.
    Last edited by sales 101; 02-09-19 at 03:32 PM.
    02-08-19 03:19 PM