I am experiencing dropped calls for the first time...intermittent. Call just disconnects, multiples times in a row. When I reboot, the problem seems gone.

This has happened on three separate days. I don't know if it's an AT&T problem or a device problem.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    Chuck Finley69 likes this.
    05-30-20 10:41 AM
    I am experiencing dropped calls for the first time...intermittent. Call just disconnects, multiples times in a row. When I reboot, the problem seems gone.

This has happened on three separate days. I don't know if it's an AT&T problem or a device problem.

Anyone else experiencing this?

what region are you in?
    05-30-20 11:04 AM
    what region are you in?
    Boston
    05-30-20 11:06 AM
    Boston
    What is your device model?
    05-30-20 11:14 AM
    Boston
    If the area you're at is getting 5G enhancement or (5GE) faux g enhancement, you're losing some of the older 3G bands which could be impacting your service.

Here in Tampa area, we experienced this starting about three months ago lasting about 30-60 days. Coverage improved on my 5GE hardware and some people are claiming 5G coverage beginning. My KEYones and Motion seem to have better 4GLTE coverage in most areas but that's it. Spotty coverage that fell back to 3G or 3.5G (4GHSPA) have gotten worse.

Give it couple of weeks and you'll have a better idea. Also could be a tower down for repair as that would have same initial symptoms. Report the issue and open AT&T issue ticket and you'll find out soon .
    05-30-20 11:22 AM
    If the area you're at is getting 5G enhancement or (5GE) faux g enhancement, you're losing some of the older 3G bands which could be impacting your service.

Here in Tampa area, we experienced this starting about three months ago lasting about 30-60 days. Coverage improved on my 5GE hardware and some people are claiming 5G coverage beginning. My KEYones and Motion seem to have better 4GLTE coverage in most areas but that's it. Spotty coverage that fell back to 3G or 3.5G (4GHSPA) have gotten worse.

Give it couple of weeks and you'll have a better idea. Also could be a tower down for repair as that would have same initial symptoms. Report the issue and open AT&T issue ticket and you'll find out soon .
    If that's the case... he should be able to ask friends and family, if they use AT&T and if they are seeing issue in the local market as well.
    06-01-20 08:47 AM
    A call to AT&T revels the issues with the networks are simple. Phones that cannot switch between 3E-3G-4-4E-4G-4LTE-5E-will have issues when the network is under load. Some phones will hang on the highest band and not drop down from lets say 4LTE>4G>3G. If the move is not seamless the call is dropped or not connected. Phone that are no longer supported but still work will not make the downgrade as fast. This is not across phones even in the same product line. This seems to be internal and not a consumer fixable problem. A good example of this is my Passport, holds a strong connection with no issues, yet the Priv can have issues. My Key Two yes and no.
    06-01-20 09:30 AM
    A call to AT&T revels the issues with the networks are simple. Phones that cannot switch between 3E-3G-4-4E-4G-4LTE-5E-will have issues when the network is under load. Some phones will hang on the highest band and not drop down from lets say 4LTE>4G>3G. If the move is not seamless the call is dropped or not connected. Phone that are no longer supported but still work will not make the downgrade as fast. This is not across phones even in the same product line. This seems to be internal and not a consumer fixable problem. A good example of this is my Passport, holds a strong connection with no issues, yet the Priv can have issues. My Key Two yes and no.
    So was I on the right street? Was I even in the right neighborhood? I’ll tell you that guy is something...
    06-01-20 09:33 AM
    you had it right......amazing
    06-01-20 09:35 AM
    you had it right......amazing
    Well even a broken clock is correct twice in 24 hours so I won’t play IT guy too much.
    06-01-20 09:38 AM
    Shocking I tell you.............SHOCKING
    Attached Thumbnails Drop Calls... Recently, Intermittent-giphy.gif  
    06-01-20 09:41 AM