Many folks here will remember the double typing fiasco with the Q10. I had it myself and it drove me nuts.

I am wondering if double typing is an issue on the Key2. I have seen a post in this forum about double taping but really only one.

Is double typing a real issue on this phone? If it is, I am staying far away.
    07-13-18 05:35 PM
    It has been an issue on some units, but not all, and BlackBerry is aware of it. They've identified it as a software issue that will be addressed. There was a new keyboard beta app update issued today, but it just noted "bug fixes" so I can't confirm if the fix is in there since I never had the issue to begin with.
    07-13-18 05:52 PM
    ok thanks very much Bla1ze. I really want to purchase this phone but I don't want to get stuck with the double typing issue.
    07-13-18 08:25 PM
    ok thanks very much Bla1ze. I really want to purchase this phone but I don't want to get stuck with the double typing issue.
    You can always return if the issue happens. Most that reported it said that in can happen on average about once every 500 words or so. Either it's software related, or sometimes it could be them not being used to the keyboard yet or something
    07-15-18 10:53 AM
    ok thanks the_boon. I think I will wait this out for a while.
    07-15-18 09:32 PM
    I've found that it happens on my phone, but definitely seems to be software related:

- It depends on what app I'm typing in, IG, Signal, Wechat, Inbox = bad. Google Keep = fine.
    - It tends to happen to random letters, more related to a set time after I started typing, a set time after an auto-correct (e.g. i > I ), or after I type a piece of punctuation or hit return.
    - It reminds me of a general android bug that has to deal with delayed input performance the longer you type in a text field - there is always a very brief *stutter* before the double letter appears.

I actually used my phone to file a bug report, and BB reached out immediately to get my device info and I recorded two videos for them of the typing issue happening and the above insights. So maybe I'll get to help them solve it!

In any case, I bet that it is a software issue and will be addressed shortly. In any case, I want to give them a chance to fix it via software before I waste any of their limited new stock requesting a replacement. I love the phone otherwise.
    07-19-18 01:32 AM
    This is the link that blackberry referred me to for the issue tracking if anyone wants to reference it or add to the list for bb's sake:

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000050582
    07-21-18 12:55 PM
    no such problem here
    07-21-18 01:09 PM
    Many folks here will remember the double typing fiasco with the Q10. I had it myself and it drove me nuts.

I am wondering if double typing is an issue on the Key2. I have seen a post in this forum about double taping but really only one.

I have experienced it rarely; it is definitely a software issue because I can tell it cannot keep up with my typing. It typically happens when writing longer bodies of text.
    07-21-18 01:26 PM
    This has also been an issue with people beta testing Oreo on Keyone, so as Bla1ze has said i'ts probably software based and will be sorted.
    07-21-18 01:43 PM
    unfortunately I do have the double typing issue. But it only occurs when I press a key twice though..
    the_boon likes this.
    07-21-18 03:10 PM
    mine does it too randomly but I haven't received the beta update as of yet!

hope it gets fixed asap as the phone is amazing
    07-21-18 03:18 PM

Big time...I sold my key2 not just because of the typing didn't like the device at all...back to my trusty keyone and my blackberry motion ..no double typing issue on those!!
    07-21-18 03:20 PM
    It has been an issue on some units, but not all, and BlackBerry is aware of it. They've identified it as a software issue that will be addressed. There was a new keyboard beta app update issued today, but it just noted "bug fixes" so I can't confirm if the fix is in there since I never had the issue to begin with.
    Wow great to know it will be addressed with 0 time line ..first the screen lift last year and now this.. I am loyal to blackberry but wow do they really know how to screw up launches ..a device is hyped and than has issues like this...
    07-21-18 03:22 PM
    Still not even close to how bad it was last year at launch with the KEYone
    07-21-18 07:12 PM
    they need to just crack on and fix it. space bar also has slight lag! the double typing issue is driving me insane
    07-21-18 08:40 PM