Just my 2 cents but I don't feel inspired to abandon my K1 BE for the K2.
    Apart from a slightly improved kb what else would motivate you get one.
    The K1 BE has been loyal so far.
    I'm disappointed at still seeing capacitive keys on the K2. I'm not sure if alone on this - what are your thoughts on this?
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-16-18 04:19 PM
    I'm disappointed at still seeing capacitive keys on the K2. I'm not sure if alone on this - what are your thoughts on this?
    Overrated hate IMO. The keys hide just like they do on the Motion, unlike on the KEYone where they're always visible. But everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Don't see a compelling reason to upgrade to KEY2-dsc08328.jpg
    06-16-18 05:06 PM
    I haven't noticed that but nevertheless the black bar is still there. On-screen would've been a better design choice
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-16-18 05:28 PM
    But wouldn't them being on screen make the ratio non conforming, my keyone BE is due to arrive tomorrow and I can't say I'm too worried about the andoid keys being always on, I never noticed if they were on or off most of the time on my priv so I doubt it will matter.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-18 05:46 PM
    If you're happy with the Keyone, that's fine. Both BlackBerry and BB Mobile are still supporting it so you could always wait for the Key3 or Key4.
    06-16-18 06:02 PM
    I am not upgrading neither. only will when price will drop below the 400's$
    skinnymike1 and AM83 like this.
    06-16-18 06:37 PM
    Well, KEY2 does have matte keys...
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-16-18 07:25 PM
    I agree. I'm actually appreciating my keyone even more I think before the key2 launches. Once the initial hype wears down you realize that yes the key2 is different. But if you are sticking with the Keyone you honestly aren't missing that much. The keyone is still a very good phone. I myself went from saying I'm buying it at launch to now seriously considering just waiting till Christmas. Either way if you are someone that is sticking with your keyone you really aren't missing a whole lot.
    06-16-18 08:18 PM
    I'm just rolling with the next one . Already moved on from a keyone to a motion. Would have picked up a Bronze KEYone but never became available in Canada. So KEY2 it is.
    06-16-18 08:30 PM
    Still waiting for the worth upgrading from keyone to keytwo piece on Crackberry main page signed by all team members

kb improvements make me want to move to the key2 and perspective of android P upgrade as well. on the other hand, if i pass this one, the key3 will probably land with P preloaded and better specs incl. improvements screenwise...so i think i ll pass this time and jump from key1 to key3 (hopefully).

In the meantime, i ll try to get my hands on a pixel as a week-end driver...
    06-17-18 01:31 AM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    If some KeyOne users happy to stay with the KeyOne, rather than upgrade, that's fine.. more importantly for sales is to get NEW users to buy KeyTwo , or people like me on Passport , who didn't like KeyOne due to its keyboard , but who are now Very interested in buying the KeyTwo day one....

Posted via CB10
    06-17-18 05:44 AM
    I am happy with the Keyone also. I will get the Key2 at a later date. I thought the Keyone's keyboard was great but the Key2's looks fantastic. I am looking forward to using it.

The dual camera on the back will also be a welcome feature.
    06-17-18 08:52 AM
    I always take the wait and see approach before I buy a new device. The keyone launch was horrible with the screen lift and reception issues let’s see how well they do with the key2 first.
    Carmels and anon(2695703) like this.
    06-17-18 09:02 AM
    SOS - that KEY2 keyboard is singing it's siren's song and I'm losing control of the ship!
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-17-18 09:05 AM
    I always take the wait and see approach before I buy a new device. The keyone launch was horrible with the screen lift and reception issues let’s see how well they do with the key2 first.
    I agree. I’ve always been that way since I’m perfectly content letting others be the crash test dummies.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    06-17-18 12:16 PM
    Still waiting for the worth upgrading from keyone to keytwo piece on Crackberry main page signed by all team members
    You can read Android Central's while you wait. - https://www.androidcentral.com/black...key2-vs-keyone
    06-17-18 12:49 PM
    Never owned a KEYone although contemplated getting one on several occasions. Instead, went with the Motion 7+ months ago being very pleased and impressed with my experience so far. So might get the KEY2, after the dust settles. Not a keyboard fanatic (owned BB's with before) but something about the KEY2 as a whole has me intrigued, that thought could waver though down the road so we'll see.
    06-17-18 01:20 PM
    Never owned a KEYone although contemplated getting one on several occasions. Instead, went with the Motion 7+ months ago being very pleased and impressed with my experience so far. So might get the KEY2, after the dust settles. Not a keyboard fanatic (owned BB's with before) but something about the KEY2 as a whole has me intrigued, that thought could waver though down the road so we'll see.
    I owned two of them first one screen issue sent it back then the 2nd one had dead navigation screen buttons. At that point I gave up and glad I did. I am not real sure of the build quality from TCL need to wait and see.
    06-17-18 05:01 PM
    But wouldn't them being on screen make the ratio non conforming, my keyone BE is due to arrive tomorrow and I can't say I'm too worried about the andoid keys being always on, I never noticed if they were on or off most of the time on my priv so I doubt it will matter.

Posted via CB10
    I dont see how it would make ratio non confirming? probably be able to make it a proper 1080p display. Making it a 16:9 which is a standard ratio for wide screen media . But that's just my 2 cents. I also despise the capacitive navigation keys. Not so much for the always on or black bar .but rather the inability to adapt. On my pixel 2xl I can remap them to my liking use gestures etc . On the Key2 you will always be tied to the way it is no matter the upgrades to is or extra features that get baked into the nav buttons in the future. I'm surprised to see the step backwards. I mean i know we like keys. But for typing only. And nav keys should be able to adjust like they do on 90 percent of the devices out there . But eh. It is what it is now. They didn't listen to the people who said they wanted them gone from the KEYone. So maybe they will change it on the next iteration. Or not . Maybe they will use AMOLED on the next gen. Or not . Who knows. But when our trusty pkb blackberry makes one device a year. We will have to deal with it . And I'm fine with that .. for now.
    the_boon and AM83 like this.
    06-17-18 05:22 PM
    I owned two of them first one screen issue sent it back then the 2nd one had dead navigation screen buttons. At that point I gave up and glad I did. I am not real sure of the build quality from TCL need to wait and see.
    That's a bummer. Yeah I'd probably think twice myself if same happened... WP's were the only phones I ever encountered hardware issues with (OS now on WM10) yet kept on buying them, I wasn't very smart. IMO there's no guarantee with any of them and since we're pleasantly surprised with the Motion's build and performance, that tells me the KEY2 might be a worthy gamble if we so choose to go in that direction. Surely TCL learned something no. Besides, having had the Bold 9900 way back when has me hankering for a KB version of a BB again, not in a big way but enough so that not getting one could cause a loss of sleep LOL.
    06-17-18 08:52 PM
    I agree. A bronze Key2 sounds and looks better IMO on the Key 2 chassis with all the kinks ironed out software and hardware wise (if any). End of the day these devices won't get more than 2 OS upgrades unlike Samsung high ends that sometimes get a total of 3 OS upgrades.

It's all about the pkb short cuts saving your fingers some taps and a few seconds.
    06-18-18 12:12 AM
    Just my 2 cents but I don't feel inspired to abandon my K1 BE for the K2.
    Apart from a slightly improved kb what else would motivate you get one.
    The K1 BE has been loyal so far.
    I have enough reasons to go for the device. I have gifted my KeyOne to friend of mine and now decks are clear for me to go for the Key2. The device has better RAM, PKB, Storage capacity and a superb camera and better battery life than KeyOne .
    06-18-18 04:27 AM
    I've been loyal to BB for 12years - never anything else but with my KeyOne requiring to be reset twice a day to stop freezing - camera taking 7seconds to open - non-stop 'app not workings' messages - the timezone switches to EST from MST even though it shows my home is MST - Bluetooth rarely connects to any device

I looked past when my screen fell out when I got my first one -

but knowing that the rest of the world now has wireless charging - water resistant - fast operating phones --

the only highlight everyone keeps stating is the camera will be awesome! .... I use BB for work -- that was once it's secret to success --- today everyone appears to have given up on BB as a true workhorse and is settling for a camera... a camera as the compelling reason to stick with the brand - -

after 12yrs - the time has come to move on - I've been delayed and beat down too often to continue this fight - I just want a functional device ( guess that means losing the keyboard I've come to love)

Best of luck BB
    06-18-18 07:45 AM
    I've been loyal to BB for 12years - never anything else but with my KeyOne requiring to be reset twice a day to stop freezing - camera taking 7seconds to open - non-stop 'app not workings' messages - the timezone switches to EST from MST even though it shows my home is MST - Bluetooth rarely connects to any device

I looked past when my screen fell out when I got my first one -

but knowing that the rest of the world now has wireless charging - water resistant - fast operating phones --

the only highlight everyone keeps stating is the camera will be awesome! .... I use BB for work -- that was once it's secret to success --- today everyone appears to have given up on BB as a true workhorse and is settling for a camera... a camera as the compelling reason to stick with the brand - -

after 12yrs - the time has come to move on - I've been delayed and beat down too often to continue this fight - I just want a functional device ( guess that means losing the keyboard I've come to love)

Best of luck BB
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t
    06-18-18 08:02 AM
    If you're happy with the Keyone, that's fine. Both BlackBerry and BB Mobile are still supporting it so you could always wait for the Key3 or Key4.
    I strongly believe they're reserving significant changes for Key3. I had strong expectations for Key2 and so that may be the reason why I was left disappointed at the final product.
    06-18-18 03:29 PM
47 12